PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

7 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Bro defending Series S is full time job. People are just obsessed with it.

It's magical device that triggers bots and ponies alike. 

Just like MS first party games it attracts too much attention for wrong reasons (Halo, and now Starfield).

I would say it's futile cause nobody will understand anything you say.

Do as you wish. But I have understood this since I got it near launch. 

Vaibhavp be like

Series S is SIMP-ly next gen 

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Yes that and Quick Resume ( or haptic feedback/triggers for PS5) . I know with SSD games load quicker anyway but Quick Resume just makes the experience better. 

This so much. I juggle playing between PS5 and X1X, the loading times on X1X downright annoy me now.

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

The most useful feature is SSD and faster load times and the overall CPU power to run more games at 60 fps 

XSS has super fast SSD

XSS has a powerful CPU, almost equivalent to XSX and PS5

thus, it’s a next-gen console

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

I still wonder why they did not go with digital seris x like sony. IT MADE NO SENSE.

I am sure sony isnt happy either with the decision, discless is produced less and with the chip shortages a lower spec model could have worked wonders for their sales target.

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

I still wonder why they did not go with digital seris x like sony. IT MADE NO SENSE.

Made sense to spender. 

How to fool people by making them believe that the system is next gen. 

Series S is a placebo next gen. 

It's as next gen as you imagine it to be. 

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Made sense to spender. 

How to fool people by making them believe that the system is next gen. 

Series S is a placebo next gen. 

It's as next gen as you imagine it to be. 

Yup, I imagine it to be fully next gen.

So it's next gen.

2 hours ago, b!T said:

This so much. I juggle playing between PS5 and X1X, the loading times on X1X downright annoy me now.

Yup this was the reason I sold my X1X and purchased XSS . Load times became annoying asf. 

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Bro defending Series S is full time job. People are just obsessed with it.

It's magical device that triggers bots and ponies alike. 

Just like MS first party games it attracts too much attention for wrong reasons (Halo, and now Starfield).

I would say it's futile cause nobody will understand anything you say.

Do as you wish. But I have understood this since I got it near launch. 

Yeah i know XSS will always be ridiculed here and on Social media . It's indeed pointless to say it again n again . Also doesn't matter people have to say about XSS its a next gen nd great vfm console for me .

Also i will be putting my XSS for sale in a day or 2 . Got only time for one console. Ideally would have loved to keep it as PS5 with XSS is an amazing combination which allows you to enjoy the best of both PS/Xbox. 

Edited by Krazyniks

15 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Wow PS+ extra looks amazing. AC Valhalla, Returnal, Death stranding and Guardians already pay for its price and over that we get like 50+ random games that I would have never bought on my own. Great way to expand my palate.

Now I see how gamepass owners feel

Gamepass is really a pioneering move across the industry seeing as how PS owners are finally understanding and highly appreciating the value of such services 

3 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah i know XSS will always be ridiculed here and on Social media . It's indeed pointless to say it again n again . Also doesn't matter people have to say about XSS its a next gen nd great vfm console for me .

Also i will be putting my XSS for sale in a day or 2 . Got only time for one console. Ideally would have loved to keep it as PS5 with XSS is an amazing combination which allows you to enjoy the best of both PS/Xbox. 

:unsure:

Sell if you have to. Do try going online with it if you haven't. 

Xbox community is cool and makes most of the system they have made. 

Am playing Remnant: From the ashes with a couple of buddies. Loads of fun. 

XSS might be ticking all the next-gen boxes, but man some games look like a*s on it. Like Dirt 5 in fps (not 120 fps) mode, it looks like a Switch game. FH5 in fps mode looks like I'm playing it on base Xbone. Destiny 2 has low res shimmering not 10 feet away from you.

• Like 1

I read XSS resolution drops as low as 540p in some games, is this true?

Not arguing if its next gen or not, just that if you don't notice the drop in fidelity, then who cares. That said if a 1440p game drops that low, I'm sure no amount of upscaling can help. 

Edited by gecko89

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

For me at least, true Next Gen Games means it's just not possible to make on Previous Gen (PS4/X1). Not simply tacking on RT or increased resolution, but genuinely "Not Possible to make the Game". Another example was Mordor games on PS4/X1 launch (Nemesis system was just not possible on PS3/X360). This used to be the case a lot when x64 was not the norm. As of right now, the only true next gen game in the entire industry is R&C: Rift Apart I think.

That's a very valid point. Not too many Xbox exclusives ( for XSX/S)  as of now to judge XSS. But Don't think MS would allow any game to be made for XSX alone . It would definitely be made for XSS as well .

Just now, gecko89 said:

I read XSS resolution drops as low as 540p in some games, is this true?

Am playing Metro Exodus that has full ray tracing and 60 fps. It's reported to drop to that resolution.

But I am finding game to be very pretty to look at. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

That's a very valid point. Not too many Xbox exclusives ( for XSX/S)  as of now to judge XSS. But Don't think MS would allow any game to be made for XSX alone . It would definitely be made for XSS as well .

MS has shown off full next gen game with Forza Motorsport 8 much before competition.

Ratchet and Clank is using next gen load times nothing else.

Going by Matrix demo on UE5, next gen will bring in very good physics, image stability and of course ray tracing. 

All this stuff is present in FM8 demo.

• Like 1