PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

20 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

:unsure:

Sell if you have to. Do try going online with it if you haven't. 

Xbox community is cool and makes most of the system they have made. 

Am playing Remnant: From the ashes with a couple of buddies. Loads of fun. 

I don't get time/time doesn't match for online . My playtime is late at night after 1 or early mornings on Weekends. Playing with friends online is a lot of fun indeed. 

17 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I read XSS resolution drops as low as 540p in some games, is this true?

Not arguing if its next gen or not, just that if you don't notice the drop in fidelity, then who cares. That said if a 1440p game drops that low, I'm sure no amount of upscaling can help. 

It drops in very few games at certain demanding sections to sometimes 540p when playing high frame rate modes . And yes it doesn't look good. But happens very rarely. 

Control ultimate edition runs at 900p 60fps without any issues and that's a very demanding Game .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

XSS might be ticking all the next-gen boxes, but man some games look like a*s on it. Like Dirt 5 in fps (not 120 fps) mode, it looks like a Switch game. FH5 in fps mode looks like I'm playing it on base Xbone. Destiny 2 has low res shimmering not 10 feet away from you.

8523119.jpg

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

It drops in very few games at certain demanding sections to sometimes 540p when playing high frame rate modes . And yes it doesn't look good. But happens very rarely. 

Control ultimate edition runs at 900p 60fps without any issues and that's a very demanding Game .

Games which run on XSS at 1440p 60fps

Doom Eternal
Call of Duty Cold War

Bright Memory

CoD Vanguard 900p-1440p at 120fps

Gears 5

Gears Tactics

Injustice Gods among us

Ori 4k 60fps

Outriders 

Star wars squadrons

Tales of arise 1440p 45fps

many others at 1440p 30fps

if it can handle Gears 5 at 1440p 60fps, that’s next-gen enough. Only need competent developers 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

By that logic even PS5/XSX aren't truly next gen . Most AAA games do not support 4k120fps .hell they don't even do native4k60fps in majority of AAA games. Resolution drops to 1800p for games like HFW and to 1600p for Control ( Ultimate Edition PS5)  in performance mode targeting 60 fps . And games like deathloop/Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection which support 120fps do so at 1080p . 

Spiderman may do 4k80/90 fps but that's because of work by its creators and VRR display ( something which even less people own)

By what logic? At the very base PS5/XSX will atleast have a 60FPS mode and a 30FPS RT Mode.

Resolution doesn't matter,no one expects these consoles to do full native 4K at 60FPS...all i'm saying is that just because there is an RT mode in XSX don't expect RT modes on Series S(even 60FPS modes at some very rare cases)

We already saw this happen with GOTG,GTAV,Control,Cyberpunk 2077,Dying Light 2 and a couple more games i think.

It is stupid to think XSS is just a cut down experience from XSX with the only difference being resolution and FPS alone,the very feature called "ray-tracing support" which sets the new console apart from old gen is being skipped over and over by many developers.

It's not like the console can't do it,so if a game runs at  4K 30FPS w/RT or i would expect it to run at 1080 30FPS w/RT but if the devs aren't willing to add a RT mode on XSS then what's the point? So CP2077 runs at 1440P 30FPS(close to the X1X in some aspects as it also runs at Dynamic 1440P 30FPS i think) and so why can't devs gives us a 1080P 60FPS mode? The console can do it,right? I'm not cherrypicking with one game,there are many games where 60FPS mode and RT mode are being skipped.

Yeah,the people are happy with what the console offers no sh*t but this console doesn't feel like a next-gen console at all.Once UE5 games begin,the console is gonna struggle hard(yup even the XSX/PS5 but i guess devs could use the TSR and other temporal upscalers to render at a lower resolution of 1200P-1440P to lock 60FPS) Are games gonna be running at 700P-800P to get 60FPS in the future? Are we back to the PS3 days? No upscaler can save it's a*s with such low input resolutions.

Unless it's a talented studio like insomniac/Guerilla who can develop their own temporal upscalers or TAA solutions for the playstation ports,i don't think XSS is gonna be utilized well by the developers.

Microsoft themselves advertised the Series S as something like "It does everything the Series X does but at a lower resolution",that is total BS.

I get that there are many games that run well on Series S but you are at the mercy of developers to utilize the system well,microsoft made a huge mistake crippling it's RAM like that.

Edited by BK__317

12 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

By what logic? At the very base PS5/XSX will atleast have a 60FPS mode and a 30FPS RT Mode.

Resolution doesn't matter,no one expects these consoles to do full native 4K at 60FPS...all i'm saying is that just because there is an RT mode in XSX don't expect RT modes on Series S(even 60FPS modes at some very rare cases)

We already saw this happen with GOTG,GTAV,Control,Cyberpunk 2077,Dying Light 2 and a couple more games i think.

It is stupid to think XSS is just a cut down experience from XSX with the only difference being resolution and FPS alone,the very feature called "ray-tracing support" which sets the new console apart from old gen is being skipped over and over by many developers.

It's not like the console can't do it,so if a game runs at  4K 30FPS w/RT or i would expect it to run at 1080 30FPS w/RT but if the devs aren't willing to add a RT mode on XSS then what's the point? So CP2077 runs at 1440P 30FPS(close to the X1X in some aspects as it also runs at Dynamic 1440P 30FPS i think) and so why can't devs gives us a 1080P 60FPS mode? The console can do it,right? I'm not cherrypicking with one game,there are many games where 60FPS mode and RT mode are being skipped.

Yeah,the people are happy with what the console offers no sh*t but this console doesn't feel like a next-gen console at all.Once UE5 games begin,the console is gonna struggle hard(yup even the XSX/PS5 but i guess devs could use the TSR and other temporal upscalers to render at a lower resolution of 1200P-1440P to lock 60FPS) Are games gonna be running at 700P-800P to get 60FPS in the future? Are we back to the PS3 days? No upscaler can save it's a*s with such low input resolutions.

Unless it's a talented studio like insomniac/Guerilla who can develop their own temporal upscalers or TAA solutions for the playstation ports,i don't think XSS is gonna be utilized well by the developers.

Microsoft themselves advertised the Series S as something like "It does everything the Series X does but at a lower resolution",that is total BS.

I get that there are many games that run well on Series S but you are at the mercy of developers to utilize the system well,microsoft made a huge mistake crippling it's RAM like that.

This analysis reminds me of someone :P

7 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Your obsession with Series S is fascinating.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

This analysis reminds me of someone :P

You know what? When i first joined this sub and ranted about the Series S Everyone here said that this is someone's alt account for sure(check my history),i just don't get it.Why you guys always assume it's an alt account? 

Just now, BK__317 said:

obsession? I'm simply making an observation,this ain't a proper next-gen console and that's all i'm saying.

An observation? 

You wrote an essay.

I was trying to reply to it but it's so much stuff i gave up.

Just now, BK__317 said:

You know what? When i first joined this sub and ranted about the Series S Everyone here said that this is someone's alt account for sure(check my history),i just don't get it.Why you guys always assume it's an alt account? 

Because it has happened before. Whenever someone who makes relatively controversial statements gets banned, a new account pops in right away and jump into this thread. Anyway, I don't mean to accuse you or anything. Just an observation. If you are indeed someone new to this forum then ignore the ramblings and enjoy the stay :lol:

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

An observation? 

You wrote an essay.

I was trying to reply to it but it's so much stuff i gave up.

Cool,that's how i normally write.

If this is an essay and you gave up,i have no words.It barely takes a couple minutes to read...

1 minute ago, b!T said:

Because it has happened before. Whenever someone who makes relatively controversial statements gets banned, a new account pops in right away and jump into this thread. Anyway, I don't mean to accuse you or anything. Just an observation. If you are indeed someone new to this forum then ignore the ramblings and enjoy the stay :lol:

Yeah but i noticed that most threads are only active in weekends...in other days it's just the same names i see replying back and forth to each other.

10 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

its-the-law-marion-moseby.gif

Don't mind us. Just that when a new member is active, first thought is if someone got banned recently ?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

how do you know ue5 will be more taxing overall? it could make things less taxing as well

there’s fsr 2.0 

there’s increasing comfort and skills of devs with new hardware as we go deeper into the gen

all of this could make XSS output 1080p 60fps with RT with ease on most titles in 2-3 years and onwards 

28 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

~snip~

There is no logic in subjectivity. I have the XSX but I've never, even once, played with RT on. Why? I don't care about it outside of DF videos. I'd rather play on a higher FPS. The thing with humans is that every one of them has their preference. You may not think the XSS is nextgen, someone else may think it is -- to each his own.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

There is no logic in subjectivity.

You may not think the XSS is nextgen, someone else may think it is -- to each his own.  

Perfectly said . 

Edited by Krazyniks

3 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

I am sure sony isnt happy either with the decision, discless is produced less and with the chip shortages a lower spec model could have worked wonders for their sales target.

Sales target would have been met sure , but the quality compromise would also be there na? I think sony did good with this descicion.