PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

8 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

There is no logic in subjectivity. I have the XSX but I've never, even once, played with RT on. Why? I don't care about it outside of DF videos. I'd rather play on a higher FPS. The thing with humans is that every one of them has their preference. You may not think the XSS is nextgen, someone else may think it is -- to each his own.  

You are right,to each their own i guess.

6 minutes ago, Azathoth said:

how do you know ue5 will be more taxing overall? it could make things less taxing as well

there’s fsr 2.0 

there’s increasing comfort and skills of devs with new hardware as we go deeper into the gen

all of this could make XSS output 1080p 60fps with RT with ease on most titles in 2-3 years and onwards 

UE5 is indeed very taxing. Getting 60fps on console is looking to be a task right now, let alone 120fps. Of course, devs could turn off things like Lumen to reduce the burden  However, for high frame rates, devs may need to look elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

obsession? I'm simply making an observation,this ain't a proper next-gen console and that's all i'm saying.

23 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Cool,that's how i normally write.

If this is an essay and you gave up,i have no words.It barely takes a couple minutes to read...

It takes 2/3 mins to read yes but over 20 mins to write . Definitely more than an observation. 

regarding my logic - i explained everything I had to . You can disagree with mine i disagree with yours . Have nothing more to add on this. 

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

It takes 2/3 mins to read yes but over 20 mins to write . Definitely more than an observation. 

regarding my logic - i explained everything I had to . You can disagree with mine i disagree with yours . Have nothing more to add on this. 

Good.

18 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Sales target would have been met sure , but the quality compromise would also be there na? I think sony did good with this descicion. 

Series S reduces console gaming barrier for entry to 25k roughly. 

With PS5D, it's still 50k for PS ecosystem cause PS4 and PS5D are nowhere to be found.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Fortnite runs on 120 fps and is made with UE5. I don't mean this as a smartass answer. UE5 is a scalable engine and has tools to reduce overhead. It's up to the devs how much they want to push it. The engine itself won't be taxing imo.

It was not made in UE5,they just ported the game from UE4 with improvements in optimization.

It's not using Nanite or Lumen either,once you enter UE5 games with Lumen,to get 60FPS is quite heavy.

Saw this article again today . 

https://www.thegamer.com/starfield-delay-modern-game-development-unsustainable/

We should discuss more about this then stupid console wars .

I for one would definitely prefer games coming out faster with more focus towards making game more fun/innovative rather than details on Horse balls shrinking in cold(RDR2) like mentioned in the article . No doubt these details are amazing and dev's worked very hard on it . But did it really make that much of a difference in overall experience of the game for us compared to the work and cost it required . 

Also Keep console war stuff out of it. The writer is just using Starfield as an example ..

Edited by Krazyniks

2 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Saw this article again today . 

https://www.thegamer.com/starfield-delay-modern-game-development-unsustainable/

We should discuss more about this then stupid console wars .

I for one would definitely prefer games coming out faster with more focus towards making game more fun/innovative rather than details on Horse balls shrinking in cold(RDR2) like mentioned in the article . No doubt these details are amazing and dev's worked very hard on it . But did it really make that much of a difference in overall experience of the game for us compared to the work and cost it required . 

Also Keep console war stuff out of it. The writer is just using Starfield as an example ..

Crunch culture is common in game development, especially in aaa games. 

These delays will only get worse in the future as employees are now walking out if crunch is involved. 

1 minute ago, Vamos said:

These delays will only get worse in the future as employees are now walking out if crunch is involved. 

Good for them. I like the work reform that's happening in US now to an extent. Crunch is never acceptable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Crunch culture is common in game development, especially in aaa games. 

It's not about crunch as much as it's about whether the extra effort put by devs in these "minor" graphical improvements is worth it in terms of overall game satisfaction of End user. 

Series s simps are completely ignoring/ have conveniently forgotten the fact that even gave developers believe the console is holding this generation back. 

It can never match up with the computing power of PS5/xsx and thus true current gen capabilities of xbox systems will not get realised even this gen . 

If PPL want half baked experiences, they should stick to older generations. They should not pretend that 540p is fine in 2022

23 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Like nitendo switch? 

For a 7 inch 720P screen,games running at 540P-720P is fine.

It's an handheld you know and has a tegra chip which most entry level phones these days perform better than that. For an RDNA2 4TF custom SOC in the series S,540P is pathetic,might as well enter PS1 generation resolutions just to get 120FPS at this point on the console lmao.

Edited by BK__317
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

UE5 is indeed very taxing. Getting 60fps on console is looking to be a task right now, let alone 120fps. Of course, devs could turn off things like Lumen to reduce the burden  However, for high frame rates, devs may need to look elsewhere.

this state is as things stand now with ue5

matrix demo was practically a non-feasible level of performance 

ue5 isn’t still fully optimized isn’t it? it’s still evolving 

I mean, the engine development isn’t independent of ps5/xsx/xss hardware capabilities is it? 

in 2-3 years, things could be much different 

Edited by Azathoth

36 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

For a 7 inch 720P screen,games running at 540P-720P is fine.

It's an handheld you know and has a tegra chip which most entry level phones these days perform better than that. For an RDNA2 4TF custom SOC in the series S,540P is pathetic,might as well enter PS1 generation resolutions just to get 120FPS at this point on the console lmao.

Series S scales with Series X. 

They both suffer together whenever ray tracing/ next gen features are used. 

And Series S versions always look good. 

As I said you have no interest in buying system yet obsessed with it.

5 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Series S scales with Series X. 

They both suffer together whenever ray tracing/ next gen features are used. 

And Series S versions always look good. 

As I said you have no interest in buying system yet obsessed with it.

truth be told, even ps5 and xsx are both pathetic, unable to go beyond 30fps when you turn RT on and crank settings to high. 30fps in 2022 on the most powerful next gen console, what a joke 

this whole conversation is a joke from the beginning itself 

2 minutes ago, Azathoth said:

truth be told, even ps5 and xsx are both pathetic, unable to go beyond 30fps when you turn RT on and crank settings to high. 30fps in 2022 on the most powerful next gen console, what a joke 

this whole conversation is a joke from the beginning itself 

Ray tracing is wrecking havoc.

I didn't care for ray tracing, but after playing Metro Exodus, I think it's legit. Unless it becomes efficient, we are looking at low resolution/ frame rate.

Using it just for puddle reflection has ruined its name.

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Fortnite runs on 120 fps and is made with UE5. I don't mean this as a smartass answer. UE5 is a scalable engine and has tools to reduce overhead. It's up to the devs how much they want to push it. The engine itself won't be taxing imo.

Like @BK__317 said, Fortnite achieves high FPS on UE5 because it's a port and doesn't use any notable features that make up UE5.

1 hour ago, Azathoth said:

this state is as things stand now with ue5

matrix demo was practically a non-feasible level of performance 

ue5 isn’t still fully optimized isn’t it? it’s still evolving 

I mean, the engine development isn’t independent of ps5/xsx/xss hardware capabilities is it? 

in 2-3 years, things could be much different 

Sure, but what's the point of speculation? Currently, we can only talk about the present state of UE5 and that was my point. With some compromises devs can maybe probably get to 60fps right now but 120fps is far-fetched. 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Ray tracing is wrecking havoc.

I didn't care for ray tracing, but after playing Metro Exodus, I think it's legit. Unless it becomes efficient, we are looking at low resolution/ frame rate.

Using it just for puddle reflection has ruined its name.

True. Console doesn't have AI image reconstruction like DLSS or FSR.

On PC RTX is not causing issues because all of us do play RTX games with DLSS2.0 or FSR to get those sweet FPS back.
For console the image reconstruction isn't implemented. Thus, native or checkerboard resolution, compromised RT and FPS both. 

RT is very heavy and although it makes games looks excellent on PC side and reduce devtime alot, the hardwares on console is holding the tech back.