PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

33 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

True. Console doesn't have AI image reconstruction like DLSS or FSR.

On PC RTX is not causing issues because all of us do play RTX games with DLSS2.0 or FSR to get those sweet FPS back.
For console the image reconstruction isn't implemented. Thus, native or checkerboard resolution, compromised RT and FPS both. 

RT is very heavy and although it makes games looks excellent on PC side and reduce devtime alot, the hardwares on console is holding the tech back.

If you are ready to shell out $1000 + on consoles, they'll be more than happy to give you RTX. 

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think sony should come out with a no holds barred PS5 pro targeted towards enthusiasts for $1500+ or so with all the bells and whistles. 

I'm sure they must have considered this at some point of time but in the present market  such a product would have a very niche audience IMO. Also considereing the present dire condition of the silicon industry, it seems even more unlikely. Personally speaking, if such a product existed with a solid support of games form the industry, I would gladly take it as I prefer consoles over PC. Helps me differentiate my work space from my game space.

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Series S scales with Series X. 

They both suffer together whenever ray tracing/ next gen features are used. 

And Series S versions always look good. 

As I said you have no interest in buying system yet obsessed with it.

Dude,can you please throw this "obsessed" word out of the window.What's your point in saying that?

We are in a XBox vs Playstation thread ffs,you and everyone else here is obsessed with console wars.I don't own an RTX 3080 but i can say that RX 6900XT performs better in rasterization perfomance and RT Cores help on the nvidia side but still amd is a better choice in the long run with more future proofing blah blah..i can basically go on writing paragraphs cause i'm interested in this stuff and just type in what i have in my mind.You act like i'm sitting down preparing hundreds of papers to rant about a white box that plays videogames to nobodies on the internet.

You don't have to own something to say how weak it is,we all know that switch is pathetic with it's tegra processor.Are you gonna say to me that i'm obsessed with switch if i rant about how weak the hardware is?

You aren't adding anything to the discussion and calling me obsessed just because i wrote what i know is just stupid,i'm sorry.

Edited by BK__317
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Azathoth said:

truth be told, even ps5 and xsx are both pathetic, unable to go beyond 30fps when you turn RT on and crank settings to high. 30fps in 2022 on the most powerful next gen console, what a joke 

this whole conversation is a joke from the beginning itself 

Bingo.

7 minutes ago, Aloy said:

I'm sure they must have considered this at some point of time but in the present market  such a product would have a very niche audience IMO. Also considereing the present dire condition of the silicon industry, it seems even more unlikely. Personally speaking, if such a product existed with a solid support of games form the industry, I would gladly take it as I prefer consoles over PC. Helps me differentiate my work space from my game space.

Aren't PS5 Pro consoles planned in the near future,many reputable resetera members who have connections in the industry confirmed that something like that is being planned.

3 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Aren't PS5 Pro consoles planned in the near future,many reputable resetera members who have connections in the industry confirmed that something like that is being planned.

For this to take off, they should pause release of marquee titles on the pc . 

1 minute ago, BK__317 said:

I dunno about the rumors (haven't been up on gaming news) but in my mind a PS5 Pro at $500 differs from a really high end system say at 1000$ which would basically be PC Ultra equivalent system made for even the most demanding AAA games. The pro consoles would just elongate the lifelines of the current generation by focusing on the shortcomings (Ray tracing i think) 

25 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Dude,can you please throw this "obsessed" word out of the window.What's your point in saying that?

We are in a XBox vs Playstation thread ffs,you and everyone else here is obsessed with console wars.I don't own an RTX 3080 but i can say that RX 6900XT performs better in rasterization perfomance and RT Cores help on the nvidia side but still amd is a better choice in the long run with more future proofing blah blah..i can basically go on writing paragraphs cause i'm interested in this stuff and just type in what i have in my mind.You act like i'm sitting down preparing hundreds of papers to rant about a white box that plays videogames to nobodies on the internet.

You don't have to own something to say how weak it is,we all know that switch is pathetic with it's tegra processor.Are you gonna say to me that i'm obsessed with switch if i rant about how weak the hardware is?

You aren't adding anything to the discussion and calling me obsessed just because i wrote what i know is just stupid,i'm sorry.

obsessed 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

not available on series l

You could have posted it there itself. 

I know it's not available on xbox. 

Doesn't mean I won't play it. 

Only issue is roguelike which might get mitigated by coop.