PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

They won't remake HFW lol. TLOU is one of the greatest games of all time man. And it has so many hardcore fans. HFW wouldn't even be GOTY this year.

I meant HZD. TLOU was a great game, but I never thought it'd get a 2nd remake, especially one without factions. If this makes money, whats stopping Sony from remaking HZD?  Anyway, this is all speculation, we will just have to wait and watch.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What are you saying lol. Idk about game devs but Tarantino for example is a huge film buff. So is Kojima. You cannot be a good game, music, whatever creator without an inherent love for the art. 

90% of stuff you say tends to be complete bullshit. 

I compared them because both will have an analytical approach to movies/games unlike the regular consumers. It's obviously easier for filmmakers to watch movies completely since they're only 2 hours long while games are like 20 hours long.

2 minutes ago, psinide said:

I meant HZD. TLOU was a great game, but I never thought it'd get a 2nd remake, especially one without factions. If this makes money, whats stopping Sony from remaking HZD?  Anyway, this is all speculation, we will just have to wait and watch.

For one, it'll be way more expensive to remake an open world game like HZD. Also, it doesn't remotely have the same level of interest or fans as The Last of Us.

Just now, Kumar123 said:

For one, it'll be way more expensive to remake an open world game like HZD. Also, it doesn't remotely have the same level of interest or fans as The Last of Us.

I would say the Horizon IP is more relevant right now after the recent release of the sequel. You comment on the interest is also pure speculation, unless you can point me to a broad demographic survey indicating this sentiment. 

As for the expense, Guerilla already have a PS5 engine from HFW and with 70 bucks a pop, they'd make their money back in no time.

11 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

They already have the engine and assets from HZ - FW. They can take the same route as what they did for the Last of Us. Not saying they will, just pointing out that they can. 

What do you mean it does not have the same level of interest or fans? Horizon Zero Dawn sold 20 million units where TLOU2 sold around 10 mil. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

5 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

There is no interest for lou remake also ,it’s unnecessary but yet we are getting one. Sony will do what it wants and give excuses like their are millions of fans who are asking for it .

• Haha 1

Just now, psinide said:

I would say the Horizon IP is more relevant right now after the recent release of the sequel. You comment on the interest is also pure speculation, unless you can point me to a broad demographic survey indicating this sentiment. 

As for the expense, Guerilla already have a PS5 engine from HFW and with 70 bucks a pop, they'd make their money back in no time.

Hmm. Guess we'll see. Nobody expected the TLOU remake after all.

1 minute ago, triggr happy ss said:

There is no interest for lou remake also ,it’s unnecessary but yet we are getting one. Sony will do what it wants and give excuses like their are millions of fans who are asking for it .

Check r/thelastofus lol. Plenty of fans saying how they'll buy it again. Also, a lot of PC players who haven't played the game will now experience the game through the remake for the first time.

I mean, I would love it if it fails because it's such a shitty practice and because of the retcons it's going to have to make Part 2 make more sense.

Edited by Kumar123

29 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Regular people also don't finish most games lol. What's the point you're trying to prove anyways. 

There is a blackhole....named Backlogs. 

.....Inevitable to all working individuals.

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

There is a blackhole....named Backlogs. 

.....Inevitable to all working individuals.

Not everyone. I only buy one game at a time and don't buy anything else until I finish it. So, zero backlogs. But I do have a lot of games I want to play and don't have the time for of course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Not everyone. I only buy one game at a time and don't buy anything else until I finish it. So, zero backlogs. But I do have a lot of games I want to play and don't have the time for of course.

As in you own...or in your radar?

Edited by SaiKO

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Lol, he's bullshitting. Game directors are like filmmakers. They don't play games from start to finish because they don't have the time. What they'll probably do is play bits and parts to assess the technical side. 

Not everyone.

Don't generalize it. Directors plays and finishes games that motivates them and if they can afford the time. Like all human beings.

Just now, SaiKO said:

Not everyone.

Don't generalize it. Directors plays and finishes games that motivates them and if they can afford the time. Like all human beings.

That's literally what I said though. These AAA game directors don't have the time to play games from start to finish, that too a huge game like Starfield.

Tell me this. Do you really think Cory meant what he said in that tweet? He's working on his new game and overseeing all the other projects in Santa Monica including God of War. There's no way he would be able to find time to play Starfield when he is so busy that his wife almost left him. And he's fully aware of it.

17 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Wow. I’ll try this one to solve my backlog problems. :majesty:

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

21 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Backlog happens when summer sales and discounts happens 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

CXO type people get plenty of free time afaik. I don't think Cory balrog sits 16 hours in office everyday 

He's developing a completely new IP in addition to that creative director for all the projects role though. That will probably take more effort than the God of War reboot since there is zero lore or anything like that to build on.

Edited by Kumar123