PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

43 minutes ago, adity said:

It's really amazing how EA has managed to f**k every franchise other than fifa into the ground. 

fifa is slowly joining them.  Sell a broken game for 4 months then patch some things in next 4 months. Get the new one out.

Didn't buy this year and probably my best decision for mental sanity.

RockStar should screw everything and just remake GTA SanAndreas FFS.. just fired it up on my PS4 for old time sake, it was the first ever GTA I had played when it was released on PC.. those days GTA used to be timed PS2 exclusive.. I don’t think GTA V writing comes close to this...

Edited by Assassins Creed

17 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

RockStar should screw everything and just remake GTA SanAndreas FFS.. just fired it up on my PS4 for old time sake, it was the first ever GTA I had played when it was released on PC.. those days GTA used to be timed PS2 exclusive.. I don’t think GTA V writing comes close to this...

New rumor suggest RDR2 major update announcement coming...likely RDR2 for PS5/XSX. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

New rumor suggest RDR2 major update announcement coming...likely RDR2 for PS5/XSX. 

RDR2 for next gen is super obvious right, when R* is making us play GTA V on next gen :wallbash:..If only they can pull off 4K 60FPS..  RDR2 PC version is still going to look better than next gen..so we can expect RDR2 for PS6 too :giggle:

9 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

RDR2 for next gen is super obvious right, when R* is making us play GTA V on next gen :wallbash:.. RDR2 PC version is still going to look better than next gen..so we can expect RDR2 for PS6 too :giggle:

Minor difference.

PS5 and the Xbox have hardware of a 80k PC easily.

It's not like PS4XBone era where they had garbage tablet processors and the gpu that was equivalent of AMDs mid-range PC GPU.

6 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Minor difference.

PS5 and the Xbox have hardware of a 80k PC easily.

Are you saying an 80K PC can deliver current gen game’s MAXXX settings ? I highly doubt it.. nothing can match the PC like turning on every setting out there but obviously one should pay $2500-3000 for that type of Quality.. check the specs on some of the 4K PC YouTube RDR2 videos.. they just look super super real and I doubt PS5 can deliver that..

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Are you saying an 80K PC can deliver current gen game’s MAXXX settings ? I highly doubt it.. nothing can match the PC like turning on every setting out there but obviously one should pay $2500-3000 for that type of Quality.. check the specs on some of the 4K PC YouTube RDR2 videos.. they just look super super real and I doubt PS5 can deliver that..

It can, the higher you go on the settings the lesser the visual difference  from the previous setting, then again if you go from potato to ultra your mind will be blown.

Again in RDR2 textures, models etc are not what makes it look good, the lighting and terrain are the bits that do.

also if RDR2 does appear on PS5 it will be 4K 60, even fancy high end PCs can't give consistent 4K60 fps on RDR2.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:31 PM, PhantomShade said:

Guys anyone know what is Sony's policy towards OOW PS4, my 2015 fat model's power and eject buttons are dead, before they died they used to malfunction, like discs used to eject randomly with the beep, and i used to get reboot loops again with the beep, like the power button is being touched, these are touch sensor buttons btw, not push buttons.

The normal policy was you pay 50% of the MRP and your get a refurbed PS4 from Sony, but mine is from 2015 so does this still apply?

I can turn on console and play games using DS4's ps button, so that is no issue, for now, but if my DS4 conks it will be :fear:

I thought they give you a new console not refurbished ?

Even I have never used this policy so I don’t know. 

RDR2 was severly nerfed on consoles. So a next gen release makes sense. Digital Foundary did a PC v consoles test and found OneX version to be at graphic settings of medium, low and lower-than-low. :roflroll:

They couldn't achieve matching graphics to OneX because the settings were so low they werent even there :P

26 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

RDR2 was severly nerfed on consoles. So a next gen release makes sense. Digital Foundary did a PC v consoles test and found OneX version to be at graphic settings of medium, low and lower-than-low. :roflroll:

They couldn't achieve matching graphics to OneX because the settings were so low they werent even there :P

Imagine my shock ew

good i played on PC

Edited by PhantomShade

8 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I thought they give you a new console not refurbished ?

Even I have never used this policy so I don’t know. 

In PS3/PSP era it used to be refurbished, but it is very good if they are giving new ones now.

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

ZrwEdoL_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Here is the comparison. Can anyone guess what is the cost of pc hardware needed to run the game at 4k30fps on above settings?

12 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Beauty.

But PC has much much higher running cost to help you maintain the MAX, while Consoles keep giving you higher graphical fidelity over the years and if you are late adopter then at a lower price.

So while it’s a pointless debate, but one shouldn’t buy mid-range 50-60k PCs for gaming. They will hit obsoletion much faster and keep throwing you cycle of updates. Worse thing, fidelity and fluidity will be worse than any console out there.

Edited by Right

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

PC is usually 1.5 generation ahead of consoles at launch and over consoles’ lifetime gets ahead by 2.5-3.

Ask Digital Foundry to do this test with PC hardware available at a year before PS4 launch, then we will see.

Just now, Right said:

So while it’s a pointless debate, but one shouldn’t buy mid-range 50-60k PCs for gaming. They will hit obsoletion much faster and keep throwing you cycle of updates.

Absolutely, I gave up PC gaming ages back because cost vs performance didn't make sense to me and one needs to keep updating.. Happy with all the consoles I buy.. what I am saying is RDR2 is so rich that it will take generation of consoles to run it at All Ultra settings so we can expect RDR2 to easily appear on a PS6 or PS7 as well :D 

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

also if RDR2 does appear on PS5 it will be 4K 60, even fancy high end PCs can't give consistent 4K60 fps on RDR2.

Sorry, how do you know this again?

27 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

RDR2 will not release on ps6 because of increased potential, it will release because people keep rebuying the same game every gen and  R* will keep milking it. 

Gta 5 started with ps3, released on ps4 again, then now on ps5 again and people are still excited. I mean wtf :rofl:

I'm in that boat myself, and can you blame me? :bigyellowgrin:
Its not just love or nostalgia for the game, it is really good. Instead of buying a bunch of meh games, one can buy GTA 5 for cheaper and sink hours into it no problem. 

Sony legit started a PS5 conference with a PS3 title. Their marketing people probably figured people would jump out of their seats if people make a mistake and think they're debuting GTA6 right now, instead of their actual exclusives which came later. 

Epic got so many people to sign up and download the EGS launcher by giving away GTA 5 for free this year, and most people already own the game on one platform. 

Edited by Chirag2001