PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Just now, roun90 said:

It's just my opinion, but I would also add allowing devs to actually do what inspires them, without adding unnecessary control. The worst example I can think of is EA - where they looked at all their games, including RPGs and asked them "What can be done to implement FIFA FUT model, which will generate billions without effort" and forcing devs to add MTX. Gamers, rightfully hated EA at the time if I remember right - just because of this. Even Activision tried following this model I think.

Well all big publishers are guilty of it otherwise there would be no shut down studios .

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Yo, don't put random links.. If there is anything worth from that article put it in quotes... I know this thread is dumping ground but share if something is worth from there than posting links directly.

The link is about Phil Spencer's interview on halo infinte and it's release date/window which is not yet decided. Surprising as earlier they were pushing for a holiday 2021 release. If it is indeed a holiday release title, then it's high time they show something about the single player component. 

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

How much do you think they invested in R&D & manufacturing of Kinnect 

Much more than they have spent on studios this time 

so please……

Dude they launched Kinect in 2010 Do you have the financial reports of MS from 2006-2009. to show their R&D spend on it . 

You are claiming MS spent over 10$ Bil on R&D on Kinect back in 06 to 09 - what on earth are you even smoking .. ( they spent 7.5 bil on Bethesda so much more should mean 10 bil easily ) 

You use numbers like they mean nothing .. with no accountability or facts given . 

You couldn't talk about games or studios so you brought kinect In conversation .

And now you are questioning decisions made by businessman who have taken MS close to 2 Trillion dollar market cap . 

Yeah right . 

On what basis are you calling them.risky ? Have you done the financial analysis - like how much MS paid per share or price to earnings ratio . 

If you have the numbers please share and prove how risky they are and I will.agree . 

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

He probably wants to make up for posts he missed last week due to ban ?

That is literally what it seems like. Every thread is littered with clickbait links to random websites.

34 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They're not slaves. They would've had massive talent drain anyway just like Rare. Bungie bought their freedom just like they did with Acti, except they agreed to make more Halo games in return and then let go of that IP altogether. 

Bungie is no longer brand it used to be with Halo.

Massive mistakes by management.

Just now, Sach4life said:

I don't think we have any information about xbox division making profits/losses. MS doesn't reveal that

They don't reveal console numbers . But they reveal financials regarding to gaming division .

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

I don't think we have any information about xbox division making profits/losses. MS doesn't reveal that

MS operates on a different level. 

They have just purchased Bethesda for 7.5 Billion under a different head than xbox. Which means xbox is under no pressure to bring back the investment.

Would you call division in loss if it did not recoup investment made in studios? 

Even if they made all figures public, most people would be scratching their heads if its profitable or not.

4 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

MS operates on a different level. 

They have just purchased Bethesda for 7.5 Billion under a different head than xbox. Which means xbox is under no pressure to bring back the investment.

Would you call division in loss if it did not recoup investment made in studios? 

Even if they made all figures public, most people would be scratching their heads if its profitable or not.

Lol that's true . 

They only reveal revenues and not profit from gaming division 

2 minutes ago, Root said:

I know Sony released 20 games as part of PS+ Collection or something like this. How can I check whether I have claimed all those games or not?

Open the PS collection page, if you've claimed them, you should see a download symbol at the top right of the tile, else it just shows a big yellow plus. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Open the PS collection page, if you've claimed them, you should see a download symbol at the top right of the tile, else it just shows a big yellow plus. 

Where exactly is the PS collection page? I went to Library on website would see only Days Gone.

Initially I did not plan to buy PS5 so could have not redeem but I know myself very well that I would not leave anything that is free. I would be so disappointed if I did not claim this.

Edit : Looks like Collections can be accessed only from PS5 UI, I guess I will wiat till I get hands on it first.

Edited by Root
edit
  • Like 1