PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

Did I hear something wrong or did he just say that Xbox 360 will be remembered as the “Greatest console of all times” & it had “Something going for it with games” 

I love the X360 because honestly I have used it more than the PS3 in the initial years. There were a lot of games which simply ran better on it. Even with all that, calling it the greatest console of all time is a stretch :lol:

Edited by b!T

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

PS3 60 gigs version probably offers one of the best backwards compatibility experiences out there (maybe at par with xsx when it comes to bc). It literally has a ps2 built in. 

Ps- my 60 gigs version conked few years back. Im still looking for one. It's so damn rare now. You could play ps2 games from all regions on that. 

Yeah, I am on the same boat. My launch PS3 conked in 2013 or 14 and yet to see one on sale anywhere. Even if you could find one, it's a collectors item now so expect to pay a premium for it. Ironically, my PS2 lasted more than that :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, b!T said:

It's not that they were trashing it without reason but PS3 was a difficult console to make games for.

PS3 had a momentum with Exclusive games on it & a large part of those was only possible coz of the cell 

so it was give & take end of the day 

12 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

this doesn’t matter at all. X360 had much better performance than PS3 for many 3rd party games, for example RDR ran much much better on X360. 

Any X360 owner should be very happy because any game, exclusive or otherwise, came on X360 and ran better majority of times

Utter trash info again 

only a handful games like Orange Box,Bayonetta & Skyrim ran bad & most of it was because of uninterested developer to tap into the architecture 

Most games had no more than a 5-10% resolution or Framerate

drop 

But I’ve already had this discussion with you far too many times 

So please carry on…….Zodka 

Edited by AnK

I think we can safely call ps2 to be the Goat (maybe switch will dethrone it) due to:

Sheer number of sales

Variety of games in its library (1800+ games). Sony behemoths like God of war debuted on the system. It's hard to believe! 

The longevity of the console (1999-2006)

It was so damn popular in the South East Asian region, people are still buying the console (2nd hand). 

3 minutes ago, b!T said:

I love the X360 because honestly I have used it more than the PS3 in the initial years. There were a lot of games which simply ran better on it. Even with all that, calling it the greatest console of all time is a stretch :lol:

well, India wasn't even a drop in the global gaming market at that time. You should have the global perspective and knowledge of global momentum to say whether greatest console or not. PS2 probably was the greatest console afaik

Edited by Panopticon

6 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

check articles again, you are wrong. I played RDR on PS3 and had read comparisons online at that time 

& this was one of the major ones apart from the three I mentioned (them being totally incomparable)

Every other game had even more minor to none differences specially post Modern Warfare when devs realised it had to be made the lead platform 

Edited by AnK

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

PS3 had a momentum with Exclusive games on it & a large part of those was only possible coz of the cell 

so it was give & take end of the day 

Exclusives came later which is why PS3 could catch up to 360. In the initial years, 360 was clearly ahead. But yeah, it's give and take because cell made it complicated but that very cell gave us games like UC2.

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think we can safely call ps2 to be the Goat (maybe switch will dethrone it) due to:

1 minute ago, Panopticon said:

well, India wasn't even a drop in the global gaming market at that time. You should have the global perspective and knowledge of global momentum to say whether greatest console or not. PS2 probably was the greatest console afaik

It's subjective but most people might say PS2 given it has sold more than 150M. It sure had a very diverse catalog. I have multiple consoles that I love. PS2 for it's sheer number of games, 3DS for it's unique perspective on 3D, Vita for its screen(OMG , that OLED screen), Switch for it's convenience, X1X for gamepass etc. I honestly can't name my favorite console.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Sheer number of sales

Variety of games in its library (1800+ games). Sony behemoths like God of war debuted on the system. It's hard to believe! 

The longevity of the console (1999-2006)

It was so damn popular in the South East Asian region, people are still buying the console (2nd hand). 

Agreed PS2 was definitely the greatest console of all time imo as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

It did well for the first three years because 

1) it launched earlier

2) it was cheaper

3) game devs trashing the architecture of the PS3. 

Eventually, PS3 caught up and won the generation later. 

Agreed . The launch delay and launch price of 600$ was a huge disaster  .

PS3 did catch up but it did not win the generation . Lifetime Sales of both consoles PS3 and Xbox360 were neck and neck at the end .

PS3 definitely had a complicated cell architecture . So many devs complained about it . But then again it was much more powerful than Xbox360 as well .

The technical and graphical marvel "The last of Us" was on PS3 .

TLOU and UC2 are still amongst my top 10 games ever. 

7 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

PS3 definitely had a complicated cell architecture . So many devs complained about it . But then again it was much more powerful than Xbox360 as well .

The technical and graphical marvel "The last of Us" was on PS3 .

TLOU and UC2 are still amongst my top 10 games ever. 

What was achieved on PS3 was just not possible without the cell at that time 

Even PC games were compared to the likes of:- 

Motostorm

Heavenly Sword

Uncharted (all 3)

Ratchet & Clank (all 3)

MGS4

GT(both) 

Killzone 

TLOU 

It was worse for multiplatform gaming for sure but it was exaggerated a bit 

Majority of the games were on par Infact after devs realised it needs to be a lead platform & not a port development 

Edited by AnK

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

Motostorm

Heavenly Sword

Uncharted (all 3)

Ratchet & Clank (all 3)

MGS4

GT(both) 

Killzone 

TLOU 

Majority of the games were on par Infact after devs realised it needs to be a lead platform & not a port development 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

Motostorm

Heavenly Sword

Uncharted (all 3)

Ratchet & Clank (all 3)

MGS4

GT(both) 

Killzone 

TLOU 

Yeah after falling behind at the start of generation - PS3 fought back very well and these exclusives were a big reason for.it .

Heavenly Sword yeah it was a technical marvel as well . The amount of enemies you had on screen in the climax was mind boggling . Loved the game a lot and sad it didn't get a sequel. Dev's launched a new up Enslaved Odyssey to the west which was decent but nowhere near as good as Heavenly Sword