PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

A microtransaction masqueraded as a dlc/mod, so that extra $$$ could be justified. 

Most of the airports, planes available on FS Marketplace are not from MS. The ecosystem there is comparable to app stores, MS need to spend effort to ensure quality and content meets the compliances and take a cut from the sales. The marketplace on PC is thriving, and if it slowly gets ported to the consoles, it's a big win for us consumers.

And as far as the editions for FS go - it's so casual players who don't want a whole plethora of planes/airports can still have a decent amount without paying for everything. If I'm not mistaken, X-Plane has a similar tiered system to add planes/airports/mods. Serious simmers are interested in different aircrafts and can get them if they want to, at a premium.

FS world updates are free updates and they keep enhancing the globe small sections at a time.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, psinide said:

Most of the airports, planes available on FS Marketplace are not from MS. The ecosystem there is comparable to app stores, MS need to spend effort to ensure quality and content meets the compliances and take a cut from the sales. The marketplace on PC is thriving, and if it slowly gets ported to the consoles, it's a big win for us consumers.

And as far as the editions for FS go - it's so casual players who don't want a whole plethora of planes/airports can still have a decent amount without paying for everything. If I'm not mistaken, X-Plane has a similar tiered system to add planes/airports/mods. Serious simmers are interested in different aircrafts and can get them if they want to, at a premium.

FS world updates are free updates and they keep enhancing the globe small sections at a time.

8k for the entire experience. Wonder how much they'll actually charge for the entire halo infinite experience.. and how much theyll actually release via gp. 

8k for the entire experience. Wonder how much they'll actually charge for the entire halo infinite experience.. and how much theyll actually release via gp. 

8k is for serious simmers. My wife is a pilot mate, she said having FS would have been a good educational tool during her training as it is a great visual aid. So for people who are aspiring pilots or serious simmers, 8k is worth it. It depends on the demographic and how people perceive the value. You can't generalize it

To draw a parallel - i spend ~6k on Fifa every year for the ultimate edition since it gives benefits for FUT, which is the game mode i exclusively play. Someone who only plays career mode may only spend 4k on the standard edition and still enjoy his 'entire experience'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psinide said:

8k is for serious simmers. My wife is a pilot mate, she said having FS would have been a good educational tool during her training as it is a great visual aid. So for people who are aspiring pilots or serious simmers, 8k is worth it. It depends on the demographic and how people perceive the value. You can't generalize it

To draw a parallel - i spend ~6k on Fifa every year for the ultimate edition since it gives benefits for FUT, which is the game mode i exclusively play. Someone who only plays career mode may only spend 4k on the standard edition and still enjoy his 'entire experience'

So campaign will stay on GP forever and MP is free. 

I guess Shawn Layden is correct in his analysis. 

So campaign will stay on GP forever and MP is free. 

I guess Shawn Layden is correct in his analysis. 

I'm not worried about how sustainable the model is or if MS will make or lose money, for me it's a great value proposition. If I get to play AAA games from MS 1st/2nd party studios for 'free' (I've stacked 3 yrs using the xbl gold method) I win, don't really care if MS or Sony do, cos billion and trillion dollar conglomerates don't need a keyboard warrior like me to validate their business models

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, psinide said:
I'm not worried about how sustainable the model is or if MS will make or lose money, for me it's a great value proposition. If I get to play AAA games from MS 1st/2nd party studios for 'free' (I've stacked 3 yrs using the xbl gold method) I win, don't really care if MS or Sony do, cos billion and trillion dollar conglomerates don't need a keyboard warrior like me to validate their business models

GP subscribers to Spencer in few years:-

images - 2021-08-04T193357.795.jpg

Edited by radicaldude

16 minutes ago, psinide said:

this is what matters... nothing else.

24 minutes ago, psinide said:

Some enjoy actually playing games at a great price, others enjoy debating the macro-economic implications of gamepass on modern society. It has something for everyone.

Truly a revolutionary product.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

GP subscribers to Spencer in few years:-

images - 2021-08-04T193357.795.jpg

Even if GP fails in future or gets scrapped by MS for whatever reason, you have to admit, right now it's excellent value for money and definitely worth the price.

As for few years in future, who knows maybe a rogue asteroid will hit earth and none of this will be relevant :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Even if GP fails in future or gets scrapped by MS for whatever reason, you have to admit, right now it's excellent value for money and definitely worth the price.

As for few years in future, who knows maybe a rogue asteroid will hit earth and none of this will be relevant :P

Agree. Great value once aaa titles launch on it. 

10 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Even without the next gen exclusives it's great value . Something you know but would never admit . 

No,without next gen content which is promised it’s not great value if you are buying hardware along with it,just for it

IMO

It has no other value & the 58k total cost is too much for indies,old AAA & new AA it is offering right now 

So if someone who wants true next gen right now ,buying PS5 makes more sense & instead of investing additional 58k upfront for which he can easily buy same games at dirt cheap on his convenience & wish list 

So things like Halo,ForzaH & specially Starfield is absolutely necessary to make sense out of it for these ppl 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

No,without next gen content which is promised it’s not great value if you are buying hardware along with it,just for it

IMO

It has no other value & the 58k total cost is too much for indies,old AAA & new AA it is offering right now 

So if someone who wants true next gen right now ,buying PS5 makes more sense & instead of investing additional 58k upfront for which he can easily buy same games at dirt cheap on his convenience & wish list 

So things like Halo,ForzaH & specially Starfield is absolutely necessary to make sense out of it for these ppl 

Can we play halo infinites MP without subscribing to GP?

I mean will it appear as a f2p on steam?