PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I hope they improve gameplay & animations & bring it closer to modern games 

otherwise pointless. 

I never finished GTA3 coz it was old by the time I got it & GTA SA coz it was humongous 

If its as good as Mafia Definitive Edition, worth playing...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Even these should be remakes.. Not expecting such old games to be remastered.. they are built using Unreal Engine..

8 hours ago, AnK said:

Yep anything with an engine & design change would defacto be labelled as a remake. 

I think an engine change by itself won't necessarily mean it's a remake. Look at the recent Quake Remastered or the Return to Arkham games.

28 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I think an engine change by itself won't necessarily mean it's a remake. Look at the recent Quake Remastered or the Return to Arkham games.

There was no animations or design change in those examples. 

Historically you need to look at games like MGS Twin Snakes,Demon Souls etc to judge games where the game is same but engine,animation,models & designs have been changed. 

They have been built from ground up but game is same. 

41 minutes ago, AnK said:

There was no animations or design change in those examples. 

Historically you need to look at games like MGS Twin Snakes,Demon Souls etc to judge games where the game is same but engine,animation,models & designs have been changed. 

They have been built from ground up but game is same. 

Yeah, my point was that just because this is on a new engine, it doesn't mean that it's going to be a remake.

34 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, my point was that just because this is on a new engine, it doesn't mean that it's going to be a remake.

It’s not just about the engine 

If the whole game is rebuilt from scratch with all new animations,models & assets with coding of the previous game unused then obviously its a remake. 

Demon’s souls for instance is a remake but Shadow of the Colossus by same developer wasn’t really a proper remake coz it was running on top of the old coding & animations. 

So yeah all depends on what sort of route the refurbishing developer chooses. 

Edited by AnK

Digital Foundry have made it a habit of portraying numbers that signifies a higher than usual Delta 

NXG has recorded average resolution as 1782p for SX & 1728p for PS5 

The Spanish channel coincides while also highlighting how reflections are much better on PS5 

Something Digital Foundry spoke nothing of. 

Edited by AnK