PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I agree, but do we have access to their account books ? A lot of creative accounting would go on behind the scenes, which we won't be privy to. 

How many would have gone through every inch and quarter of those statements to form a non biased opinion ?

It was never about accounting creativity 

as I already said it’s standard business practice. 

But chest(breast whatever) thumping on the basis of “supposed” profits when the entire picture of what exactly is happening is clear even by standards of someone like me who has a knowledge of nobody. 

Is what was in the actual centre of it all. 

Edited by AnK

21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I agree, but do we have access to their account books ? A lot of creative accounting would go on behind the scenes, which we won't be privy to. 

How many would have gone through every inch and quarter of those statements to form a non biased opinion ?

It’s really not creative accounting 

it is one of the basic principles taught at CA Intermediate level, not something complex that’s being discussed here

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

We're talking about fundamental undisputed accounting principles here. 

Dr AnK is pretty much accusing MS of accounting fraud here with his half baked knowledge. 

:lol:

52 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

It’s really not creative accounting 

it is one of the basic principles taught at CA Intermediate level, not something complex that’s being discussed here

Nah nah. Not saying it's creative accounting. Just saying it's extremely difficult for a layman (peeps like me) to derive anything substantial out of those public balance sheets. At max, we will have little knowledge. At worse, we will be terribly wrong. 

Hence for most of us (non CA) folks, those public numbers have limited value unless one is going through with a lens and really understanding in a non biased way. 

Heck, i find it tough with the different balance sheets of stocks I hold. It's so confusing and time intensive. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/game-informers-top-10-games-of-2021

”No game is perfect, and Halo Infinite’s launch release has space for improvement. Multiplayer progression, the number of maps, and limited customization all need addressing. And in the campaign, the absence of cooperative play is a gut punch. But a game doesn’t need to be perfect to stand out. Infinite offers immaculate shooting, one of the best original musical scores in years, and a heartfelt storyline rooted in themes of hope and resilience – much-needed topics for many players in 2021. It’s a return to form for a much-beloved franchise and a standout marquee release for Microsoft’s new generation of releases. Halo Infinite is a game we can’t put down and one we’re likely to continue pouring hours into as we head into 2022.”

19 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/game-informers-top-10-games-of-2021

”No game is perfect, and Halo Infinite’s launch release has space for improvement. Multiplayer progression, the number of maps, and limited customization all need addressing. And in the campaign, the absence of cooperative play is a gut punch. But a game doesn’t need to be perfect to stand out. Infinite offers immaculate shooting, one of the best original musical scores in years, and a heartfelt storyline rooted in themes of hope and resilience – much-needed topics for many players in 2021. It’s a return to form for a much-beloved franchise and a standout marquee release for Microsoft’s new generation of releases. Halo Infinite is a game we can’t put down and one we’re likely to continue pouring hours into as we head into 2022.”

6 of them on PS

6 of them on Xbox

Surprising Ratchet/Kena isn't on the list, else it would have tipped on PS's favor.

Anyway, pretty good list. Better than the absolute trash that is IGN. And don't let any cu*t say otherwise :) 

8 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

6 of them on PS

6 of them on Xbox

Surprising Ratchet/Kena isn't on the list, else it would have tipped on PS's favor.

Anyway, pretty good list. Better than the absolute trash that is IGN. And don't let any cu*t say otherwise :) 

LIS made it to the list and Ratchet doesn't ? You have got to be kidding me. Yes LIS was good and I loved it but it was definitely not Top 10 good. Good list otherwise. 

45 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Congrats to playstation studios owned Valkyrie studio for co-developing halo infinite and making it the game what it is today. :thumbsup:

Yes thank you for PS making Halo Great again.

So this was the reason, PS had no exclusive this fall. They were like our studio just made Halo. We don't need to release anything :P

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Congrats to playstation studios owned Valkyrie studio for co-developing halo infinite and making it the game what it is today. :thumbsup:

ridhimapandit.gif

21 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So this was the reason, PS had no exclusive this fall. They were like our studio just made Halo. We don't need to release anything :P

September falls under the fall season :giggle:

Xbox presented PS with an exclusive just in time,I hope their profit books didn’t get hampered much with the missing killerapp like Deathloop :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Fun fact: Xbox makes 70% for every Deathloop copy sold on PS and even more on PC. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

Another fun fact: 100% of players playing deathloop on console are playing it on the PS5.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Fun fact: Xbox makes 70% for every Deathloop copy sold on PS and even more on PC. 

Good coz nothing else is in their house is “selling” :lol: 

Edited by AnK
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

the absolute trash that is IGN

No it isn’t 

you are exaggerating 

if it is so, explain why when you search for review for almost any game under the sun, IGN’s review has the highest number of views. If IGN is trash, why didn’t it get shut down till now?

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

the absolute trash that is IGN

No it isn’t 

you are exaggerating 

if it is so, explain why when you search for review for almost any game under the sun, IGN’s review has the highest number of views. If IGN is trash, why didn’t it get shut down till now?