PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

28 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Buy new expensive tv for Elden ring. Good advise. How about they fix their sh*t and improve their engine

If you play on PC, maybe your monitor has freesync? 

Those are common and not expensive.

Edited by Vaibhavp

6 hours ago, Vamos said:

When the games are so good, no one cares about dropped frames.

I find this 10x true for Elden Ring right now

it can be a crap looking game but I am so swept up in the game that I could play it at 720p 20fps. I have to consciously keep track of stopping because I keep playing too much 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Elden Ring's performance on ps5 is not superior by any measure.

WTF are you talking about. 

Every tech reviewer has laid out results that clearly tell PS5 version holds up a higher average Framerate. 

Resolution too but only marginally so that doesn’t matter. 

DF as usual said to go with SX only if one has a VRR display or else stick with PS5. 
Only if PS5 implemented VRR in time for this game it would have given much better results in comparison to SX running on a VRR display. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AnK said:

WTF are you talking about. 

Every tech reviewer has laid out results that clearly tell PS5 version holds up a higher average Framerate. 

Resolution too but only marginally so that doesn’t matter. 

DF as usual said to go with SX only if one has a VRR display or else stick with PS5. 
Only if PS5 implemented VRR in time for this game it would have given much better results in comparison to SX running on a VRR display. 

Unstable framerate is unstable. That's what he means. 50 fps vs 55 fps will not feel very different.

Sony should implement VRR ASAP for Elden Ring.

Lmao 

PS5 without VRR > SX without VRR 

PS5 without VRR < SX with VRR 

Hypothetical PS5 with VRR > SX with VRR 

Only if Sony could make it happen in time. 

A higher inconsistent Framerate is not equals with a lower inconsistent Framerate. 
& It’s not really as hard to fathom as you are making it to be. 

1 hour ago, Nikushimi said:

I love how the people bashing Elden Ring are the ones who haven't played the game. Elden Ring sits at the top of steam charts with 823,527 concurrent players today. I wonder how that is possible if the game's performance is so bad that its unplayable. :lol:

Yes, you might notice a few frame drops if you run a frame counter and run around with your eyes glued to the counter. But the game runs well enough to not deter from the gameplay experience at all.  

i didn’t realise people cannot complain about performance issues even if they are playing the game… we bought the game, it doesn’t mean we can’t complain about the performance 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

i didn’t realise people cannot complain about performance issues even if they are playing the game… we bought the game, it doesn’t mean we can’t complain about the performance 

If the performance issues are as bad as you make it out to be, how come close to a million players are playing it? Surely not all of them are masochists to put themselves through the torture of playing such a badly optimised game.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think you're being daft by not understand this. I'm currently playing on ps5 FYI. 

It doesn't matter if the framerate is constantly jumping between 52,53,55,57 or 50,51,53,55. Both of them look and feel bad. Mathematically one may be better than other but none of them look or feel better than the other for practical purposes. 

It's like a musician playing on an inconsistent tempo. 

According to VGTech stats 

PS5 stays at 16ms 92% 

SX stays at 16ms 86% 

That’s a much bigger delta than you are making out to be. 

Even in the comparison videos(& all of them)it’s clear cut advantage to PS5. 

it’s like saying that both are equally bad coz the highest & lowest touching points are the same. 

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

If the performance issues are as bad as you make it out to be, how come close to a million players are playing it? Surely not all of them are masochists to put themselves through the torture of playing such a badly optimised game.

13 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Speaking out about the issues (no matter how small) is very important. 

It makes companies feel responsible and roll out patches on time. 

9 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Speaking out about the issues (no matter how small) is very important. 

It makes companies feel responsible and roll out patches on time. 

True. There’s enough noise about this already and hopefully it gets fixed soon. My point is that some people are going overboard with the scale of these performance issues. It’s not perfect but it’s also not bad enough to detract from the game, at least on the PS5 from my personal experience. The large player base on steam also supports this argument. That being said, things can always get better and I hope it does.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Lmao 

PS5 without VRR > SX without VRR 

PS5 without VRR < SX with VRR 

Hypothetical PS5 with VRR > SX with VRR 

Only if Sony could make it happen in time. 

A higher inconsistent Framerate is not equals with a lower inconsistent Framerate. 
& It’s not really as hard to fathom as you are making it to be. 

Ps5>xbox series x

buy a ps5 before your next analysis.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

More xbots are buying as a %. So it turns out xbots come out to buy more copies than ponies. They just have good taste and don't rush out to get any piece of goo sitting on the shelves. 

Bruh they'll play any brown tatti as long as its available on gamepass :lol: 

Of course when you actually spend money to buy games, maybe once or twice a year, the game has to be absolute gangbusters masterpiece 10/10 GOTG. Otherwise wait for GP :rofl: 

• Haha 3