Jump to content

PlayStation vs Xbox thread


Recommended Posts

 

"PlayStation Plus members – we have a really big month for the October monthly PS4 games lineup to keep you entertained this fall. As announced on State of Play, we’re including two major blockbuster hits from Worldwide Studios with The Last of Us Remastered and MLB The Show 19."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Mumbai-ites, seeing the Humanity Trailer in State of Play, did it remind anyone of our Local Trains - especially from CST station? Awesome to see a game based on what we face everyday. Right from crowds jumping and flung into the air - everything is 100% accurate (except for the guns part). They must have done a case study of us.

 

Also, not seen much State of Plays, but it seems to be a direct copy of Nintendo Direct, right from the presentation style to box based UI to everything else.

Edited by roun90
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

With Game pass, you will not see any games in NPD list in future. Sales chart irrelevant when you can play everything for a $ through game pass.

 

Halo infinite even if it's good, will not be in any NPD charts.  

Forza Horizon 4 is still in the list even though it was available to play on day 1 through game pass . Also this 1/2 $ promotion won't go on forever.

Another thing after converting to Game pass ultimate you can't go back to only game pass/ Xbox live membership . And  if you didn't stack Xbox live yearly membership before converting to Ultimate then renewing won't be as cheap as the promotional deals .

So Halo infinite might still sell well .

Edited by Krazyniks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Forza Horizon 4 is still in the list even though it was available to play on day 1 through game pass . Also this 1/2 $ promotion won't go on forever.

Another thing after converting to Game pass ultimate you can't go back to only game pass/ Xbox live membership . And  if you didn't stack Xbox live yearly membership before converting to Ultimate then renewing won't be as cheap as the promotional deals .

So Halo infinite might still sell well .

Forza Horizon only . But that time they were not heavily promoting GP like they are now. Forza Horizon 4 was not advertised as GP title and there was no 1$ ultimate Game pass upgrade for 36 months. 

 

Gears 5 is advertised as GP  tittle everywhere. If u see any billboard ads or  YouTube ads, it just says play it on GP,  there is no mention of even Xbox one on ad. They allowed users to upgrade to ultimate Game pass for 1$ upto 2022 and on top of it ultimate game pass users got same content and early access like 100$ Ultimate edition users. This was not the case with Horizon 4. There was no ultimate game pass which gave you extra stuff plus that time game pass had no early access or preload option like it has now.  There were more benefits of buying Forza Horizon 4 for full price compared to Gears 5 ultimate edition as GP was not giving anything special or extra like it's giving now

 

Now tell me Why would anyone will buy Gears 5 if they got ultimate game pass for 1$ till 2021 or 22 with all the content that you get with ultimate edition. Me and Athek are biggest Gears fans on IVG who always bought Gears at launch for full price but now we have ultimate game pass for 1$ and we aren't gonna buy Gears 5 coz we already got 100% completion in campaign plus rank 100 in mp. We played everything in Gears 5 for 1$ and we have 3 or 4 months left in subscription still lol. 

 

 

Here see this 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGfwY0AK4WpHdtr365LPY

 

Xbox game pass.  No Xbox one or anything. 

 

Show me Forza Horizon 4 ads which says Xbox game pass only. 

 

Edited by WhiteWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Forza Horizon 4 is still in the list even though it was available to play on day 1 through game pass . Also this 1/2 $ promotion won't go on forever.

Another thing after converting to Game pass ultimate you can't go back to only game pass/ Xbox live membership . And  if you didn't stack Xbox live yearly membership before converting to Ultimate then renewing won't be as cheap as the promotional deals .

So Halo infinite might still sell well .

You can still upgrade to ultimate for 2$ if u didn't use 1$ deals .

 

1$  deal was there for more than 1 month and heavily advertised.

 

 

Such deals will be back when Halo will launch. MS focus is now completely on GP.

 

Edited by WhiteWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Forza Horizon only . But that time they were not heavily promoting GP like they are now. Forza Horizon 4 was not advertised as GP title and there was no 1$ ultimate Game pass upgrade for 36 months. 

 

Gears 5 is advertised as GP  tittle everywhere. If u see any billboard ads or  YouTube ads, it just says play it on GP,  there is no mention of even Xbox one on ad. They allowed users to upgrade to ultimate Game pass for 1$ upto 2022 and on top of it ultimate game pass users got same content and early access like 100$ Ultimate edition users. This was not the case with Horizon 4. There was no ultimate game pass which gave you extra stuff plus that time game pass had no early access or preload option like it has now.  There were more benefits of buying Forza Horizon 4 for full price compared to Gears 5 ultimate edition as GP was not giving anything special or extra like it's giving now

Yes true Gears of War 5 was advertised as GP title and Forza Horizon 4 wasn't . But Halo Infinite will be a launch title for next gen XBOX ( Holiday 2020 Launch ) .

Pretty sure there will be a Halo Infinite console bundle at launch that itself should boost sales of the game . No disrespect to Gears of War but Halo is a much bigger title and it's success will be vital for the success of their next gen Xbox . 

So pretty sure they will follow a different strategy for it . 

 

Also that so called 1$ deal - Pretty sure very few people actually stacked up yearly memberships.  Infact I think the PC deal - 3 months beta for 4/5 USD was the one which most people bought .

So many will have to renew their memberships and at 15$/month not sure many will do it and might just buy the game itself if physical/digital version gave decent bonuses .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Yes true Gears of War 5 was advertised as GP title and Forza Horizon 4 wasn't . But Halo Infinite will be a launch title for next gen XBOX ( Holiday 2020 Launch ) .

Pretty sure there will be a Halo Infinite console bundle at launch that itself should boost sales of the game . No disrespect to Gears of War but Halo is a much bigger title and it's success will be vital for the success of their next gen Xbox . 

So pretty sure they will follow a different strategy for it . 

 

Also that so called 1$ deal - Pretty sure very few people actually stacked up yearly memberships.  Infact I think the PC deal - 3 months beta for 4/5 USD was the one which most people bought .

So many will have to renew their memberships and at 15$/month not sure many will do it and might just buy the game itself if physical/digital version gave decent bonuses .

 

Many bought cheap Xbox live gold for year then upgraded to 1$ game pass. Gears 5 would have easily beat Gears 4 in sales at launch if it was not in GP from day one or there was no 1$ deal for ultimate edition Game pass.

 

I bought one year live for 38$ and then upgraded to GPU for 1$. Almost every ivg member did it.

 

Special thread were created regarding this on Gaf,Era,Reddit and official Gears forum and on Facebook and Twitter as well.

 

 

And sure Halo is bigger but it will not beat sales of previous Halo games or create any record in charts. 

 

90% audience will play it through GP as MS only wants people to play via GP. On Xbox dashboard you have to search to goto Gears 5 page to buy it. Gears 5 ad on dashboard redirects you to Game pass page lol.

 

 

Scarlett is DoA coz there's no reason to buy it. All exclusives are on PC, Xbox one S and X and soon Xcloud will let you play Halo on your mobile and switch. 

 

MS wants to get out of console business, Scarlett is there to show they care but in reality they don't care about selling hardware 

 

 

Edited by WhiteWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

I bought 2 years xbox live gold and used this 1$ upgrade :D

My friend list full of all hard core Gears fans who I know since 360 days and everyone playing it through GP and these people used to buy Gears Collectors edition at launch but now there's no reason to spend 100$ when 1$ gives you benefit of 100$ edition lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CarbonCore changed the title to PlayStation vs Xbox thread
  • Snake locked this topic
  • Assassins Creed unlocked this topic
  • Snake unlocked and locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked and locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...