PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Just sell it on GL for credits and then use those credits to buy used games etc. I don't think you'll get more than 20k cash for it.

im getting 20k voucher from cex too. was hoping to sell it for cash so that i could buy another Ipad air. 

6 hours ago, Vamos said:

After reading some responses here, I don’t understand who’s dumber - 

The vgchartz guy who wrote the clickbait article or the people who just read the headline and blaming MS for console wars in general :rofl::roflroll:

I'd say the latter since the article served it's intended purpose.

• Snake locked this topic
1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

SE Japan is up for sale apparently. I’m sure Lord Phil will jump on it.

SE Japan is pretty much Sony property. That was reason for garage sale apparently. Final Fantasy going exclusive means that.

https://wccftech.com/sony-interest-in-square-enix-might-explain-western-studios-sale-says-eidos-montreal-founder/

31 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Crystal Dynamic don't mess around. Wish MS purchased SE Western studios. I guess they couldn't cause in middle of Acti deal.

Yup, when MS is having such a huge trouble convincing the FTC that they are not trying to monopolize and Acti-Blizz purchase is fine - the last thing they need is to show more Studio Purchases. After all "One Bird in hand is worth more than two in the bushes"

19 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

SE Japan is up for sale apparently. I’m sure Lord Phil will jump on it.

I don't think MS will ever be able to purchase any pure Japanese firms. There is a Japanese law I think that stipulates Japanese Companies can only be purchased by other Japanese Companies. I'm not even sure in Sony can purchase SE Japan tbqh, especially considering that Sony is essentially a completely Western/American Company with Headquarters in California. Are they even considered a Japanese Company anymore?

Edited by roun90

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I’m sure there is some restriction but I doubt it can’t be taken care if a big enough company wants it bad enough.

MS is having a hard time with the FTC trying to prove that they are not circumventing the law. Getting the govt. of a foreign country to change the law altogether - that is going to be far harder.

Also, I doubt MS (or Sony for that matter) even wants SE Japan. What will they get out of it - SE Japan Major IPs are FF Series, DQ Series and Kingdom Hearts Series. These are not even that big in the gaming industry. For these 3 IPs, MS/Sony will also have to manage SE's Pachinko/Gambling business, their Anime/Manga Business, Theme Park Business etc. (Both Ms and Sony don't have any competency in any of those). Do you think they will even bother?

14 minutes ago, roun90 said:

MS is having a hard time with the FTC trying to prove that they are not circumventing the law. Getting the govt. of a foreign country to change the law altogether - that is going to be far harder.

Also, I doubt MS (or Sony for that matter) even wants SE Japan. What will they get out of it - SE Japan Major IPs are FF Series, DQ Series and Kingdom Hearts Series. These are not even that big in the gaming industry. For these 3 IPs, MS/Sony will also have to manage SE's Pachinko/Gambling business, their Anime/Manga Business, Theme Park Business etc. (Both Ms and Sony don't have any competency in any of those). Do you think they will even bother?

SE ips have great potential. All FF games are Sony exclusive. They won't do that for chump change. Will cost them at least $100 million.

Sony is not known to waste cash like that. Something is definitely brewing. 

SE should take inspiration from Monster Hunter World and aim for such break out success instead of putting out weak entries. They can do that under Sony.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

Yup, when MS is having such a huge trouble convincing the FTC that they are not trying to monopolize and Acti-Blizz purchase is fine - the last thing they need is to show more Studio Purchases. After all "One Bird in hand is worth more than two in the bushes"

I don't think MS will ever be able to purchase any pure Japanese firms. There is a Japanese law I think that stipulates Japanese Companies can only be purchased by other Japanese Companies. I'm not even sure in Sony can purchase SE Japan tbqh, especially considering that Sony is essentially a completely Western/American Company with Headquarters in California. Are they even considered a Japanese Company anymore?

What are you talking about? Sony is a Tokyo HQ company. Gaming division is focused more on western markets ,yes, but Sony as a whole is a completely Japanese company and has Tokyo as its corporate HQ

Edited by Sach4life