Jump to content

PlayStation vs Xbox thread


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

 

Dude,can you please throw this "obsessed" word out of the window.What's your point in saying that?

 

We are in a XBox vs Playstation thread ffs,you and everyone else here is obsessed with console wars.I don't own an RTX 3080 but i can say that RX 6900XT performs better in rasterization perfomance and RT Cores help on the nvidia side but still amd is a better choice in the long run with more future proofing blah blah..i can basically go on writing paragraphs cause i'm interested in this stuff and just type in what i have in my mind.You act like i'm sitting down preparing hundreds of papers to rant about a white box that plays videogames to nobodies on the internet.

 

You don't have to own something to say how weak it is,we all know that switch is pathetic with it's tegra processor.Are you gonna say to me that i'm obsessed with switch if i rant about how weak the hardware is?

 

You aren't adding anything to the discussion and calling me obsessed just because i wrote what i know is just stupid,i'm sorry.


obsessed 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

October is stacked this year 

 

Forspoken - looks crap

MW2 - wait for GP

Gotham Knights - looks crap

Plague Tale - GP day 1 :wOOtjumpy:

Re8 DLC - meh

Marvel Midnight Suns - strategy card game lol

Stacked

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BK__317 said:

 

Dude,can you please throw this "obsessed" word out of the window.What's your point in saying that?

 

We are in a XBox vs Playstation thread ffs,you and everyone else here is obsessed with console wars.I don't own an RTX 3080 but i can say that RX 6900XT performs better in rasterization perfomance and RT Cores help on the nvidia side but still amd is a better choice in the long run with more future proofing blah blah..i can basically go on writing paragraphs cause i'm interested in this stuff and just type in what i have in my mind.You act like i'm sitting down preparing hundreds of papers to rant about a white box that plays videogames to nobodies on the internet.

 

You don't have to own something to say how weak it is,we all know that switch is pathetic with it's tegra processor.Are you gonna say to me that i'm obsessed with switch if i rant about how weak the hardware is?

 

You aren't adding anything to the discussion and calling me obsessed just because i wrote what i know is just stupid,i'm sorry.

Why are you obsessed with Series S? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

not available on series l

 

You could have posted it there itself. 

 

I know it's not available on xbox. 

 

Doesn't mean I won't play it. 

 

Only issue is roguelike which might get mitigated by coop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Saw this article again today . 

https://www.thegamer.com/starfield-delay-modern-game-development-unsustainable/

 

We should discuss more about this then stupid console wars .

I for one would definitely prefer games coming out faster with more focus towards making game more fun/innovative rather than details on Horse balls shrinking in cold(RDR2) like mentioned in the article . No doubt these details are amazing and dev's worked very hard on it . But did it really make that much of a difference in overall experience of the game for us compared to the work and cost it required . 

Also Keep console war stuff out of it. The writer is just using Starfield as an example ..

I mean, this is probably something gamers have been saying for a while now. "Less focus on graphics, more on gameplay". If I recall correctly, the problem is that most people care about graphics more than anything else, probably because it's the easiest aspect to judge. To see if the gameplay is fun or if the story is good, you need to spend a lot of time watching gameplay videos or whatever, but you can tell if the graphics is good with just one glance.

There's also the fact that people expect graphics to get better and better with each generation. In fact, it is the main thing that people look for justify their console purchases. The question is almost always "Do the games on the newer system look good enough for me to upgrade?". No matter how good the gameplay or story might be, a low budget game won't sell as much as a AAA game with amazing graphics but average gameplay. There are exceptions of course, but talking about the norm here. We've all heard "this game looks like a PS2/PS3 game lmao" criticisms countless times. So, games with top tier graphics are necessary because they're console sellers.

So yeah, game development cost and time will keep on increasing as a result. As Shawn Layden said, first party PS5 games will cost 200 million dollars to make, which is almost twice the average budget of the first party games on the PS4. If I had my way. I would probably lock the dev time to 2-3 years. They can make the graphics as good as the dev time allows them to.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:


There's also the fact that people expect graphics to get better and better with each generation. In fact, it is the main thing that people look for justify their console purchases. The question is almost always "Do the games on the newer system look good enough for me to upgrade?". No matter how good the gameplay or story might be, a low budget game won't sell as much as a AAA game with amazing graphics but average gameplay. There are exceptions of course, but talking about the norm here. We've all heard "this game looks like a PS2/PS3 game lmao" criticisms countless times. So, games with top tier graphics are necessary because they're console sellers.

So yeah, game development cost and time will keep on increasing as a result. As Shawn Layden said, first party PS5 games will cost 200 million dollars to make, which is almost twice the average budget of the first party games on the PS4. If I had my way. I would probably lock the dev time to 2-3 years. They can make the graphics as good as the dev time allows them to.

 

 

Definitely true . But the problem is we have definitely entered into

"diminishing returns with subsequent higher upgrades in graphics" . The excess time and money spent doesn't improve the overall experience that much at all . 

 

True i would prefer the same as well with a fixed budget . With little leeway in both time and budget for stuff which Dev's would say is absolutely vital for the game. 

As Cory Balrog himself said they are limiting new GOW series to 2 games because they didn't want to tell a story in 15 years. 

I personally don't want to wait more for the games i want to play . 

Edited by Krazyniks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Saw this article again today . 

https://www.thegamer.com/starfield-delay-modern-game-development-unsustainable/

 

We should discuss more about this then stupid console wars .

I for one would definitely prefer games coming out faster with more focus towards making game more fun/innovative rather than details on Horse balls shrinking in cold(RDR2) like mentioned in the article . No doubt these details are amazing and dev's worked very hard on it . But did it really make that much of a difference in overall experience of the game for us compared to the work and cost it required . 

Also Keep console war stuff out of it. The writer is just using Starfield as an example ..

 

 

 

Nice way of justifying 540p in 2022 :rofl:

 

 

 

Sony and Nintendo are the companies that innovate. 

 

 

Vr, dualsense, handheld gaming etc. 

 

 

Xbox sticks to old formulas. The they haven't experimented with vr or haptics. They even discontinued kinect :roflroll:

 

 

Stale old formula of halo/forza/gears

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

 

Nice way of justifying 540p in 2022 :rofl:

 

 

 

Sony and Nintendo are the companies that innovate. 

 

 

Vr, dualsense, handheld gaming etc. 

 

 

Xbox sticks to old formulas. The they haven't experimented with vr or haptics. They even discontinued kinect :roflroll:

 

 

Stale old formula of halo/forza/gears

 

 

 

my original post where i share this link said pretty clearly - Want to discuss genuine stuff affecting the industry and not console wars . Read the article ..if you don't have anything genuine to contribute don't quote me . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

my original post where i share this link said pretty clearly - Want to discuss genuine stuff affecting the industry and not console wars . Read the article ..if you don't have anything genuine to contribute don't quote me . 

Hey don’t slander rdr2. It’s a classic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

So yeah, game development cost and time will keep on increasing as a result. As Shawn Layden said, first party PS5 games will cost 200 million dollars to make, which is almost twice the average budget of the first party games on the PS4. If I had my way. I would probably lock the dev time to 2-3 years. They can make the graphics as good as the dev time allows them to.

 

 

new ideas takes time to implement... but if you want cod type games to come out every year then yeah this is fine... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...