PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

On 9/1/2019 at 12:46 PM, Playstationdude said:

Preordered FF8 remastered on psn. :bigyellowgrin:

Theme is kinda meh though.

From what I read, it is terrible as expected. 

A lot of characters in this game are just part of the pre-rendered 2D backgrounds and don't actually have a real 3D model. Instead of updating or using a 3d model for them SE decided this looks acceptable: 

8b55dcbd19a49cfec60bfe0ed6edb222.png

hu3CHvc.png

6ShieTy.gif 6ShieTy.gif

Everyone going cloud

EA’s cloud gaming service is launching a surprise closed beta tonight

• The initial test will start tonight and run for two weeks.
  • The company is looking to see how games perform in real-world scenarios, particularly in regard to things like latency and jitter.
  • Per Moss, “EA is working on leveraging AWS and the public cloud” to make sure servers are as close to players as possible, which should help with those issues. The mix of games is also intentional, letting EA test different genres, graphical demands, and multiplayer lag across a variety of different titles.
  • EA is planning to test cross-platform play

A vision for a cloud-native gaming future

Would be very nice if we get cross-platform play from everyone between next gen consoles and PC. 

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The 'X' on the PS Controller is officially called 'Cross.' I refuse to agree that I've been calling it wrong my whole life. It just can't be...

???

No its not, don't listen to that PS UK tweet. The Brits have lost their mind due to heat wave.

41 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

People call X button button on Xbox controller X too.

That makes sense because it's A, B, X, Y. All letters from the English alphabet. So, calling it the letter X makes sense.

But, on PlayStation, it's shapes. Hence, Triangle, Circle, 'Cross', Square. Logically, if it's the letter 'X', then it should be the letter 'O' and not Circle.

So, they're right in their justification.

I'm just frustrated that I never thought about it so deep until now. And I hate it that they're right. ?