PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Nobody denying Playstation's feat in any way. In India PS has 90% of marketshare for console. Where xbox has only 10%.

But that doesn't invalidate what M$ is doing with GamePass. If a person doesn't have PC, and want a VFM machine for gaming, XSX is the better option because of the GamePass. You get gold service, day 1 game release, huge game library, EA play. What more could a normal gamers asks for? 

Just now, SaiKO said:

Nobody denying Playstation's feat in any way. In India PS has 90% of marketshare for console. Where xbox has only 10%.

But that doesn't invalidate what M$ is doing with GamePass. If a person doesn't have PC, and want a VFM machine for gaming, XSX is the better option because of the GamePass. You get gold service, day 1 game release, huge game library, EA play. What more could a normal gamers asks for? 

Btw one more reason pc is popular in india- piracy. 

Heck no one can compete with fitgirl gamepass :bigyellowgrin:

Build a machine worth 1.5 lakhs and play all games for free. 

17 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Was not comparing to pc numbers. Ofcourse pc gamers would be significantly higher in number. However this present generation would change a lot things. Many would go for consoles (4k gaming at 50k) over pc gaming (insane GPU prices). Pc would get reduced to PvP type games going forward, till GPU rates stabilize.

Playstation enjoys something known as first movers advantage in india. And no matter how hard Spencer tries, it can't be taken away from the brand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digit.in/article/amp/gaming/55356/a-look-at-the-ps4-journey-in-india

With increasing disposable incomes, buying a console now is much easier than it was in 2004. That explains why ps5 sells out in seconds. This makes me wonder why even with the gp, series s stays on the shelves, both in online and offline channels. It is way cheaper and has a "greater value" with the gamepass.

Ps- you can go on about the value gamepass gives, which it does. But still majority of indian gamers who can afford consoles go for playstation. Numbers don't lie. Screenshot_20210628-180330281 (1).jpg

Again - everyone here accepts PS5 will outsell Series X/S combined not only in India but globally as well .

So what exactly are you arguing about ?

15 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Btw one more reason pc is popular in india- piracy. 

Heck no one can compete with fitgirl gamepass :bigyellowgrin:

Build a machine worth 1.5 lakhs and play all games for free. 

I envy people who have time. At this point in life, money is more easy to come by?. Time is the bitch.

Can't even begin to imagine life after marriage?

This is where convenience of gamepass comes in for me. Browse-download-play. No frills.

This is another reason why I see demand rising for xbox this gen.

Edited by kmkaks
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Again - everyone here accepts PS5 will outsell Series X/S combined not only in India but globally as well .

So what exactly are you arguing about ?

Was replying to the other person- though the base is not big compared to the PC gaming in india, but still is significant for a company to notice. 

1 minute ago, kmkaks said:

I envy people who have time. At this point in life, money is more easy to come by?. Time is the bitch.

This is where convenience of gamepass comes in for me. Browse-download-play. No frills.

Me too ..just don't have the time . 

Life after Marriage - you may still find sometime .  But when you have a kid that's when you would struggle to find time ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

If you have time but no money, Gamepass is even better.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

If you have time but no money, Gamepass is even better.

Yes indeed but in that case, PC is an alternative but piracy sucks for people with time constrain. 

12 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

100% man. Moved to console gaming exactly because of this and with this gen. performance, etc doesn't feel like a compromise over PC gaming. Gamepass just makes the deal sweeter, raat ko download pe dalo and next day play.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Yes indeed but in that case, PC is an alternative but piracy sucks for people with time constrain. 

PC too expensive man. My relative made a 2060super based system for 1 lac, before GPU prices went crazy.

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

In this case, there are better alternatives :naughty:

Gamepass is liberating. You should try it. 

I am playing Destiny 2 Beyond Light and Monster Hunter World. 

Absolutely fantastic games that I would have never tried cause out of my preferred genere and comfort zone.

Edited by Vaibhavp

18 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Damn, I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm staying with blue. Will probably tie the knot by the end of this year too. 

My PS backlog is huge and growing, so sticking with one console. No idea how the rest of y'all find time with both consoles with PS+ and GP subscription.

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

PC too expensive man. My relative made a 2060super based system for 1 lac, before GPU prices went crazy.

Gamepass is liberating. You should try it. 

I am playing Destiny 2 Beyond Light and Monster Hunter World. 

Absolutely fantastic games that I would have never tried cause out of my preferred genere and comfort zone.

Yup. I just started playing carrion. So far it is my 2020 goty. The blobby feeling you get when you control carrion is ingenious! Terrorising and tearing innocents feels more genuine than any other game iv played except maybe AvP 2.

10/10 stressbuster. 

And.lol. I used to piss on gears of war here in the forum but now chainsawing grubs is cathartic.lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Damn, I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm staying with blue. Will probably tie the knot by the end of this year too. 

My PS backlog is huge and growing, so sticking with one console. No idea how the rest of y'all find time with both consoles with PS+ and GP subscription.

Just Gamepass + SX for me know. Also with the IVG multiplayer party we have going on now it's full on paisa wasool, couple of games which everyone can download in the playlist and we play a couple nights a week. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

PS4 numbers should be somewhere around 6 lakhs over here while xbox one is less than ~75k . :lol:

Yeah people buy whatever they want. I'm pretty sure Switch is close to that PS4 number despite not launching officially and games being 5K from the start. The value proposition only works if people actually want it :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kmkaks said:

Yup. I just started playing carrion. So far it is my 2020 goty. The blobby feeling you get when you control carrion is ingenious! Terrorising and tearing innocents feels more genuine than any other game iv played except maybe AvP 2.

10/10 stressbuster. 

And.lol. I used to piss on gears of war here in the forum but now chainsawing grubs is cathartic.lol

Gears 5 my favourite multiplayer game so far. 

Ebb and flow in matches is so cool. If your strategy works can change match in a minute.

Closest to playing xcom in 3rd person shooter genere.

24 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah people buy whatever they want. I'm pretty sure Switch is close to that PS4 number despite not launching officially and games being 5K from the start. The value proposition only works if people actually want it :lol: 

Switch in India is nowhere near close to PS4 . It definitely sold more than Xbox one in line with the global trend . 

https://themakoreactor.com/news/nintendo-switch-sales-2019-lifetime-to-date-million-sellers-list-india/7184/

8 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Switch in India is nowhere near close to PS4 . It definitely sold more than Xbox one in line with the global trend . 

https://themakoreactor.com/news/nintendo-switch-sales-2019-lifetime-to-date-million-sellers-list-india/7184/

I think now numbers have definitely risen with the entry of switch lite.