PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, AnK said:

At this point I won’t be surprised if more parallel accounts are made or even more ppl are brought to join in just to “block him” :rofl:

I am not sure why you feel that way! I am not even sure where this paranoia is originating from. Now again, don't take this the wrong way, nothing to get angry about. After all discussion is around two console's where the sole intended purpose of them is to have fun!

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The development budget of Destiny is pegged at USD 140 mil on Wikipedia and several other sites. They link to a leaked contract between acti and bungie as a citation. I glanced over it but couldn't find it. 

Regardless, 140 million seems like a much more realistic estimate. 

that 'supposed 500 million' includes royalties, distribution etc. I would wager that most of it is contingent and depends on actual sales. For ex, GTA 5 made $500M worth sales this year. They would be charged roughly ~$150M as platform fees etc. They should not come under development cost. Most shitty sources just pull these numbers out of thin air since their editors don't necessarily have the requisite knowledge. 

(PS - Figures are used as examples, nothing to be derived out of them)

2 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

I am not sure why you feel that way! I am not even sure where this paranoia is originating from. Now again, don't take this the wrong way, nothing to get angry about. After all discussion is around two console's where the sole intended purpose of them is to have fun!

As many parallel/multiple/fake accounts have suddenly emerged in the past month or so. 

Some just use the market section. Others just troll. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The development budget of Destiny is pegged at USD 140 mil on Wikipedia and several other sites. They link to a leaked contract between acti and bungie as a citation. I glanced over it but couldn't find it. 

Regardless, 140 million seems like a much more realistic estimate. 

Yep. Even in the books it states $140m for development. 

unknown.png

The contract reads:

• $7.5m - The total bonus pay Bungie receives if the first Destiny project remains on budget and on target for its 2013 release. Of the Total Bonus Pay, the maximum possible that can be distributed to staff is 20 per cent, or $1,500,000.
  • $2.5m - The total windfall Bungie receives if the first Destiny project receives a Gamerankings.com score above 90.
  • $25m - The extra twenty-five million Bungie is granted if Activision makes $750 million in associated operating income during a twelve-month period.
  • $25m - An extra $25m is added to the previous figure if Activision’s associated operating income hits $1 billion.
  • Bungie takes 35 per cent of said annual operating income if it climbs above $400,000,000. The smallest single royalty at this end of the scale is $140 million.

TOTAL MAXIMUM BUDGET FOR DESTINY 1

Though advances are not discussed in the contract, Activision said it agrees to go up to a maximum budget of $140,000,000 for the first Destiny game on Xbox 360.

However, this includes marketing costs, and because it is the maximum amount before royalty penalties are issued to Bungie, it should not be considered as an accurate guide to production costs.

Bungie is generally banned from developing action shooters other than Destiny until 2018 (after the release of Comet 3), regardless of other stipulations. After then it would have to wait another three years to be able to publish such a game, but in any event must give Activision first rights to negotiate a publishing deal.

The $500m idea wasn't just for D1 either. The partnership is expected to naturally conclude 2020, but only if Bungie develops four Destiny games and four Comet expansions. The studio will need to support the game online for three years after the development deal ends.

It's on page 16 section 11.5

unknown.png

$500m was for whole franchise idea. 4 Destiny games and 4 Comet expansions. This never happened as Activision bailed out. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

What the...? :rofl: 

This is MGS2 on a fking PS2

I guess "attention to details" is not one of the priorities at 343.

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Would love to see crowbcat making a video on it just like he did one for gears 5.  :giggle:

Ps- I hope these issues are fixed in the final build. Maybe they are still ironing stuff out. I don't think they would launch the game with such bland shooting mechanics. 

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ps- I hope these issues are fixed in the final build. Maybe they are still ironing stuff out. I don't think they would launch the game with such bland shooting mechanics. 

Why would it be. It's their design choice because it's a much faster game compared to cod. Doom can be a comparison but that's not as open as halo

14 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Appreciate for the short time you are 'registered' here, helped needy folks like @Pshycho_TXC get his PS5.. #Respect

Ben Affleck Movie GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I cant thank @Bluebolt05 him enough , not only his help and also wise mentality . I didn't expected such success on first go and I am also shocked that guy didn't do it for money although the original WTB thread i opened for small commission for anyone who helps me to get ps5 ; this type of mentality rare now a days <3 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bluebolt05 said:

I didn’t name anybody 

but you turned up to give explanation 

Anyway enjoy the forums & welcome to the best Indian gaming community :thumbsup:

Will surely contact you when it’s time to buy PS5 

maybe you’ll be the one to help me too

Edited by AnK

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

The lack of/or slow upgrades in gameplay mechanics in Halo series specifically has more to do with the stubborn community rather than the developers 

Games like COD,BF,Killzone,Unreal Tournament hardly look anything like their first iterations & all have come a long way 

But Halo didn’t & though upgraded a lot now still has a lot in common with the original than any other game 

Ppl like it this way 

Just now, AnK said:

The lack of/or slow upgrades in gameplay mechanics in Halo series specifically has more to do with the stubborn community rather than the developers 

Games like COD,BF,Killzone,Unreal Tournament hardly look anything like their first iterations & all have come a long way 

But Halo didn’t & though upgraded a lot now still has a lot in common with the original than any other game 

Ppl like it this way 

So why did they delay the game in the first place? 

Also, what all would be there in the GP version of the game. We habe no idea. It's clear that day 1 gp games lock away stuff behind paywalls (like flight sim and now back 4 blood seasons pass). 

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Ppl like it this way 

:rofl:

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Remember when people were rightfully making fun of this tweet? Same people now bashing Halo for not including fruit physics :doh: 

lolz fanboys exposed although there wasn’t any doubt about who they are