PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

in any case, I hope you get to play them someday. The overall experience from both is superior to many supposed “blockbuster AAA” games

I have played the first one. Liked it. How good or bad it is, isn't the point. No one here is saying that "AAA blockbuster" games are the best. You brought them up

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

Ok, I will absolutely refrain from doing that in the future.My bad. 

Why do I always spread so much false analysis i just don’t understand,it’s just so clumsy of me 

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong. MS has sh*t it's pants in the last generation and we're all expecting them to try and do better this time around. Regardless, everybody has their own reasons for buying the consoles. Some bought it for GP, some bought it for it's IPs etc but nobody needs to justify it on a daily basis.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I have played the first one. Liked it. How good or bad it is, isn't the point. No one here is saying that "AAA blockbuster" games are the best. You brought them up

True. The number of As don't determine anything and it's quite baseless to bring it up every now and then. Thanks to GP, I've ended up playing some amazing indie/AA titles that, honestly speaking, I would've never spent money on (unless they were discounted to death). I guess that is the true potential of a subscription service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

True. The number of As don't determine anything and it's quite baseless to bring it up every now and then. Thanks to GP, I've ended up playing some amazing indie/AA titles that, honestly speaking, I would've never spent money on (unless they were discounted to death). I guess that is the true potential of a subscription service.

True true. Smaller titles (AA and indies) are the ones which you can really play for a service like this. There will be AAA titles in between, but those would be limited. Moreover, AAA titles (especially western ones) are often restrictive and safe in terms what they aim to do. Smaller titled provide real creativity

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong. MS has sh*t it's pants in the last generation and we're all expecting them to try and do better this time around. Regardless, everybody has their own reasons for buying the consoles. Some bought it for GP, some bought it for it's IPs etc but nobody needs to justify it on a daily basis.

Why would someone feel the need to come up here & justify in the first place.

It’s not like I’m ringing someone’s doorbell & asking them why they do what they do :rofl: 

Also talking about “People” doing something in itself means it’s not about individual’s own reasoning. 

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

True true. Smaller titles (AA and indies) are the ones which you can really play for a service like this. There will be AAA titles in between, but those would be limited. Moreover, AAA titles (especially western ones) are often restrictive and safe in terms what they aim to do. Smaller titled provide real creativity

Pretty much this. MS needs to prove that GP works for AAA. Right now, it works great for indie/AA and some big 3rd party games. Halo and Forza will be a good start but it'll be interesting to see what they can churn out subsequently (and how frequently). Profitability will always be a concern but the success/failure of GP will, IMO, determine the future (good or bad) of the gaming industry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Why would someone feel the need to come up here & justify in the first place.

It’s not like I’m ringing someone’s doorbell & asking them why they do what they do :rofl: 

Also talking about “People” doing something in itself means it’s not about individual’s own reasoning. 

By nobody, I'm referring to people who are concerned about other people's purchases on a daily basis. :doh:

Edited by TRMNTR
Grammar. Also, auto-correct can eat sh*t.
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Tell Me Why is one of my favorites games of 2020. Don't give two shits how many As that is.

Bro, I literally fell asleep watching that game right in that boat journey at the beginning.. Are you telling me it gets better later 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Bro, I literally fell asleep watching that game right in that boat journey at the beginning.. Are you telling me it gets better later 

Of course. That's just the start of the game. It is a story-driven adventure (minimal gameplay) so if you don't enjoy that sort of thing, you probably won't like it.

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I may have also listened to @Assassins Creed sh*t on it during one of our sessions. :mellow:

Check out a review or two to get a feel for what it entails. I really enjoyed the story-telling.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Of course. That's just the start of the game. It is a story-driven adventure (minimal gameplay) so if you don't enjoy that sort of thing, you probably won't like it.

Check out a review or two to get a feel for what it entails. I really enjoyed the story-telling.

I love such games made by Quantic dream but this game had very slow narrative.. Have you played Heavy Rain, Detroit Human ?? Those are the benchmarks.. 

7 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Will try the game out.

My backlog of games I've started and yet to complete is just getting thicker by the day.

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I love such games made by Quantic dream but this game had very slow narrative.. Have you played Heavy Rain, Detroit Human ?? Those are the benchmarks.. 

In that case, give it a bit more time. You might enjoy it. The rest of the game plays differently from the starting sequence.

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Will try the game out.

My backlog of games I've started and yet to complete is just getting thicker by the day.

I have given up on concept of backlog. It just doesn't let me enjoy games I am playing currently cause I have to finish it ASAP, to move onto next one.

Currently am playing Prey, it will easily last 40 hrs, double of normal playthrough without achievement hunting. Cause I am enjoying it.

44 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I have given up on concept of backlog. It just doesn't let me enjoy games I am playing currently cause I have to finish it ASAP, to move onto next one.

Currently am playing Prey, it will easily last 40 hrs, double of normal playthrough without achievement hunting. Cause I am enjoying it.

Same. I usually know the next game I'll play but that's it. I don't give much thought to the pending ones. 

• Like 1

Ank and Radical created this website? 

https://pegasusnation.net/the-nation/

Lol

From website 

[quote] Anyone calling themselves a REAL gamer without experiencing what PlayStation has to offer is a bonafide fraud.

These are not opinions. These are not our individual preferences that we push on others; far from it. It is objectively proven that PlayStation has the single best collection of gaming content available anywhere in the known universe.

So while you can take a REAL gamer away from her PlayStation, you can’t take her PlayStation away from a REAL gamer. FACTS![/quote]

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ank and Radical created this website? 

https://pegasusnation.net/the-nation/

Lol

From website 

[quote] Anyone calling themselves a REAL gamer without experiencing what PlayStation has to offer is a bonafide fraud.

These are not opinions. These are not our individual preferences that we push on others; far from it. It is objectively proven that PlayStation has the single best collection of gaming content available anywhere in the known universe.

So while you can take a REAL gamer away from her PlayStation, you can’t take her PlayStation away from a REAL gamer. FACTS![/quote]

That reads like satire.