PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, Vip3r said:

So, one company is making pure games and is respecting the legacy it represents, bringing value to end user with awesome sub services and another is driving its most well known franchises to the ground with needless agenda and pandering to certain groups. 

This gen currently belongs to the green bois. 

What are you talking about?

12 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Obviously TLOU2 ?

People are still upset with that game and think it drove the franchise to the ground. 

Pfff..... They need to go out and touch some grass... Real grass not that binary grass.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Holy crap at that foliage. :rofl::rofl:. How did this even make it to the final game.

It was pretty obvious from the very first glance a year ago that this game wasn’t being developed for SX. 

Anyone expecting graphical candies out of this game beyond that point was just fooling themselves. 
It Atleast added good amount of lighting & textures in one year to make it presentable,which is good. 

& to be honest something that is practically being given for free can’t be expected to go through two completely different development cycles on different SDK’s like Horizon FW & GT7 are going. 

It’s a good offering though & the value it brings to backdoor subscription is immense,so there is nothing really to complain as a gamer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Why do you think it’s pandering?

Because it essentially created a Mary Sue and asked us to connect with the person. The person in question being generally unlikable. 

Had an incredible coincidence to drive the story forward. Joel acting out of character and blurting out his name.

Additionally, the overall demeanor of the studio head during the release. I can't recall a conversation that was around the actual game during the release. All of the focus was on the golf club and studio head acting like an a*s. Including not allowing reviewers to talk about the games story.

The signs were there when in uc 4 a relatively thin black lady was manhanding drake and his bro.

There are a 1000 things but the game simply is not fun.

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Ank right now

newman evil smirk GIF by HULU

Haha if you are referencing the TLOU2 discussion then yes,it was the exact reaction :P

I think I should take a break from the forums until I’m gaming a bit more again. 

5 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

Because it essentially created a Mary Sue and asked us to connect with the person. The person in question being generally unlikable. 

Had an incredible coincidence to drive the story forward. Joel acting out of character and blurting out his name.

Additionally, the overall demeanor of the studio head during the release. I can't recall a conversation that was around the actual game during the release. All of the focus was on the golf club and studio head acting like an a*s. Including not allowing reviewers to talk about the games story.

The signs were there when in uc 4 a relatively thin black lady was manhanding drake and his bro.

Most of the pre release discussion were filled with at right and incel nitwits who just jumped on the game after the leak.

Why would the studio head want to talk about the story when it was something that was hidden on purpose 

As for Nadine besting nate and his bro, she was simply better trained and has nothing to do with ‘ OMG ze ladi beat menz

Dunno what her being black has to do with anything 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

Haven't played LoU2 so can't say much about that story.

But regarding the UC4 'black lady' . . . a mercenary in peak form vs 2 guys who're getting back into the game after a long time, not that hard to believe imo.

frank-tzeng-u4-nadine-ingame-3-arm-close

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

They never did. 

A playable character shouldn’t have to be “liked” or be “relatable”. 

We are just being asked by the writers/devs to get in their shoes. 
As many reviewers mentioned, the lack of having any sort of choice in this game reaffirms what kind of a game ND wanted to make. 

And I don’t think any characters were out of their place or were acting out of character. 
The final flashback between Ellie and Joel was enough to say how much the writers respected the core relationship between them. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AnK said:

& to be honest something that is practically being given for free can’t be expected to go through two completely different development cycles on different SDK’s like Horizon FW & GT7 are going. 

What do you mean by Different SDK ? 

Bots really have really low standards. They just cant hear an ycriticism of their beloved game even when it is genuine. Halo was my first game when I built my first shitty PC all those years back. I love it to the core and waiting eagerly to play it but even I'm not blinded like these bots that I can't notice these obvious compromises they have done to optimize it for zillion different Xbox consoles. I really hope on PC this foliagegate is not there cuz it will take me out of the game. 

• Haha 1

TLOU2. Ah! A game I love graphically. But hated the story and the characters. 

Its a good game, but made a horrible impression for me personally due to that story arc. Some characters were being plain dumb and acting weird. Not something that’s been established in first game.