PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

For real, I have not seen one single pro-consumer move by Sony ever since that used-game and anti DRM announcements during PS4 launch :rofl:

Paid upgrades, locking cloud saves behind paywall, locking USB saves for PS5... .. the list goes on. 

3 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

No point arguing. Once he has made up his mind to defend a corporate for some ridiculous sh*t he ain't changing. 

It's sad that ppl will feel bad including you.

& practically speaking me talking sense as per me or nonsense as per you doesn't make a difference as no one is listening/reading this apart from a few ppl.

But anyone who understands even slightest of business values would understand that offer made for Service B can't be applicable to Service A.

It's like saying that if you bought Destiny 1 on discounted MRP in a sale you should be offered the same discount amount on moving over to Destiny 2 at launch MRP which has completely different content.

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

It's sad that ppl will feel bad including you.

& practically speaking me talking sense as per me or nonsense as per you doesn't make a difference as no one is listening/reading this apart from a few ppl.

But anyone who understands even slightest of business values would understand that offer made for Service B can't be applicable to Service A.

It's like saying that if you bought Destiny 1 on discounted MRP in a sale you should be offered the same discount amount on moving over to Destiny 2 at launch MRP which has completely different content.

Not the same thing my dude

This is like when you buy some destiny 1 DLC, if you got the base game at a discount they ask you to pay back the discount money too in addition to whatever the DLC costs.

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Not the same thing my dude

This is like when you buy some destiny 1 DLC, if you got the base game at a discount they ask you to pay back the discount money too in addition to whatever the DLC costs.

This analogy I already gave myself & explained why it's not applicable here.

Destiny 1 & all it's dlc are part of the same Service.

But Destiny 1 & 2 are completely different services.

Similarly PSplus & PSnow were two different services but after merging them & creating a unique price point they need not be obligated to honor discounts they offered just for PSplus.

It's sad & bad I know.....but not unethical.

I have an analogy too. 

All assumed numbers, but say you bought an iPhone 12 in 2020 on discount for say INR. 50,000 instead of mrp of 75,000

In 2021 you want to upgrade to iPhone 13 in exchange of the iPhone 12, what would the difference to be paid be?

Scenario 1 :

Cost of iPhone 13 (75k) - exchange value of iPhone 12 (40k) + Discount availed originally (25k) = 60,000

Or

Scenario 2 :

Cost of iPhone 13 (75k) - exchange value of iPhone 12 (40k) = 35,000

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Similarly PSplus & PSnow were two different services but after merging them & creating a unique price point they need not be obligated to honor discounts they offered just for PSplus.

It's sad & bad I know.....but not unethical.

What? 

Once you bought PS Plus, you've bought it, discounted or not

Sony explicitly mentioned that PS Plus users can upgrade by paying the difference amount. 

Keeping a record of if you've bought it discounted or full price, is unethical af. 

There is no possible explanation that can convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Sony explicitly mentioned that PS Plus users can upgrade by paying the difference amount. 

Yep they should have mentioned this forfeit on reveal itself.

Instead of just announcing a blanket upgrade.

That is definitely a dick move to create excitement & further purchase of discounted subs.

As I said piss poor planning.

16 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I have an analogy too. 

All assumed numbers, but say you bought an iPhone 12 in 2020 on discount for say INR. 50,000 instead of mrp of 75,000

In 2021 you want to upgrade to iPhone 13 in exchange of the iPhone 12, what would the difference to be paid be?

Scenario 1 :

Cost of iPhone 13 (75k) - exchange value of iPhone 12 (40k) + Discount availed originally (25k) = 60,000

Or

Scenario 2 :

It's sad & bad I know.....but not unethical. :rofl:

17 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I have an analogy too. 

Scenario 1 :

Or

Scenario 2 :

Probably the most sensible analogy till now.

10 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

It's sad & bad I know.....but not unethical. :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Aah yes the last bastion of business values @AnK

Ppl say that I say things for Xbox coz it doesn’t affect me directly.

But here it does as I have a stacked up PSplus. 
So without any bias this proves that whatever I say is fair & square. 

It is bad even for me…..but I can’t just say it’s unethical (the forfeit part) just coz I’ll have to shell out more money. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You do not have bias does not automatically mean you are also correct. That's the baseline. 

Obviously I ain’t gona sound correct to anyone who’s having to give away his discount.

& I fully expect that. 

If it was just the discount forfeit this thing wouldn’t have been overturned but now since they have locked all the PSplus stacked up subscribers who are like 90% of the entire user base,this thing is most certainly getting overturned. 

52 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I have an analogy too. 

Scenario 1 :

Sony executives after reading Scenario 1:

season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 2