PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

28 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

bring on the excuses ?

What are Naughty Dogs excuses for not giving a 1000 planets to explore, a quest system in which you can kill main quest giver, open ended organic character progression based on what you choose to do ...

Etc etc. 

9 hours ago, RV1709 said:

bring on the excuses ?

15 hr game VS 150 Hr game 
scope is not comparable therefore the graphics shouldn’t be too.

compare gears and lou if you want to compare 1st party of the same scope

Edited by triggr happy ss

21 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Waits for *this is how exactly BGS games are supposed to be* post. 

oh man!! :rofl:

thats why i said cant wait to see classical Bethesda level bugs on this game... imagine going to a planet to see all heads like that and thinking are they some kind of a alien or is that a bug :rofl:

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

why are we saying that open world rpg games shouldn’t have good character models, enemy reaction to being shot and characters with their heads not backwards? ?

Let me tell you both Skyrim and Fallout 4 had lots bugs and none of them games were graphical power house yet both games were 90 plus on Metacritic and GOTY nominees.

As long as game is good and fun to play and not completely busted at launch. It will get good reviews.

17 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

why are we saying that open world rpg games shouldn’t have good character models, enemy reaction to being shot and characters with their heads not backwards? ?

Dude, bro, it's got 1000+ planets and it's a Bethesda game, the gameplay and quest design are off the charts in scope, this means everything else can be excused.

58 minutes ago, Vamos said:

:rofl:

Bloodborne runs at janky 1080p30fps with massive frame pacing issues which can cause headaches while tlou ps4 remastered runs at 4k60fps

clearly BB needs some kind of upgrade - a real need

meanwhile Sony making ? of people charging ₹5000 for a tlou 1 which is already playable on both ps4/pro and ps5 at 4k60fps :rofl:

please have mercy on innocents :D

• Haha 1

Bethesda won't switch their engine unless their game fails massively.

Starfield is their next main game after Fallout 4 and if it bombs massively and gets same reception like Cyberpunk only then they might switch Engine. 

Cybperpunk disaster resulted in CD Red ditching their own engine and using UE5 now for Witcher 4.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

This has been posted so many times already. It was Dealers (xbox fanatic) chamchas who created the original petition and shared with his fellow chamchas to sign up and share, whilst pretending to be PS fans.

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Bethesda won't switch their engine unless their game fails massively.

Starfield is their next main game after Fallout 4 and if it bombs massively and gets same reception like Cyberpunk only then they might switch Engine. 

Cybperpunk disaster resulted in CD Red ditching their own engine and using UE5 now for Witcher 4.

Starfield will do extremely well I'm sure, it's got the hype and Bethesda is one of the best in that genre. But how do you get to a point where one's expecting a lot of bugs in a new game just because it's a Bethesda game. Why is it ok to not improve on something they're not so good at.

Guerilla got so much sh*t for facial animations and they not only fixed it, they did so well its the benchmark now. ND already had an excellent story centric GOTY game, and yet they exceeded expectations in environmental fidelity with the sequel. 

It's a shame that fans settle with tardiness for decades, and be content with devs that don't improve on their own work or at least fix what was bad.

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Starfield will do extremely well I'm sure, it's got the hype and Bethesda is one of the best in that genre. But how do you get to a point where one's expecting a lot of bugs in a new game just because it's a Bethesda game. Why is it ok to not improve on something they're not so good at.

Guerilla got so much sh*t for facial animations and they not only fixed it, they did so well its the benchmark now. ND already had an excellent story centric GOTY game, and yet they exceeded expectations in environmental fidelity with the sequel. 

It's a shame that fans settle with tardiness for decades, and be content with devs that don't improve on their own work or at least fix what was bad.

Again a game of this scope will always have bugs . We can just hope that its less than the earlier games ,but it cant be 100% bug free. No open world game is ever whether its cyberpunk ,gta or rdr etc.

Also the comparison to sony games is just laughable when they doesn’t have anything   of this scale. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Every subsequent Bethesda game is better than previous in the technical department (barring fo76). It's not like they're sitting on their a*s. It's a new IP and they've apparently been working hard on improving the engine so maybe wait for the release. Halo Infinite looked like crap and then turned out to be pretty awesome after the 1 year delay and this looks nowhere near as bad so I'm assuming the delay will yeild results. 

Funny you bring up Horizon repeatedly as the messiah of gaming when HFW was pretty buggy at launch. There were a lot of pop in issues and the performance mode was fixed only recently. 

They did fix the animations but forgot to upgrade the story from bargain bin Sci fi. 

You'd think one would expect more from a next gen only game. The criticism was for what we've already seen. I agree at the part that on release most of these repetitive shortcomings might not be seen at all, but do defend with 'it can be excused because scope is big' is just lazy and pathetic. 

Now, coming to HFW, you've made it clear everywhere you didn't like it, that's ok, your personal problem. HFW had bugs but nowhere near the level Bethesda usually has on launch, the only issues I faced was items behind rocks and pop ins once in a while. I wouldn't call that 'pretty buggy'. Story is subjective, loved the first one, liked the sequel too.

Lastly, not sure you were referring to HFW or me as the Messiah of Gaming, but it's a nice tag, I'll take it ?

Edited by gecko89