PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-outsells-ps5-japan-hell-freezes-over-unlocked-550?amp=1

Yes, you're reading that right: Xbox Series X and S outsold the PS5 in Japan, of all places, both individually and combined

:o

Same for the USA

whats funny is that ps5 is facing shortages and xbox is not :ko:.

In before xbox paid more to secure chips :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Lol, he's bullshitting. Game directors are like filmmakers. They don't play games from start to finish because they don't have the time. What they'll probably do is play bits and parts to assess the technical side. 

are you serious? So game developers never play games from end to finish?

How are you even coming up with these theories man ?

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

are you serious? So game developers never play games from end to finish?

How are you even coming up with these theories man ?

Interviews with people like Bruce Straley, David Jaffe and even Cory, if I'm not wrong. Also, I said directors, not regular devs. 

Edited by Kumar123

HZD & HFW follows the typical ubilol open world formula. The game was enjoyable because of its combat and the enemy types in the beginning. But I lost interest at around the 60-70% mark and stopped playing. Tried to pick it up when HFW was close, but just couldn't get through with it and was waayy more hyped for ER. 

Both Horizon games are absolutely beautiful, but then again, the TLOU Remaster also plays and looks amazing on the PS5, and we are still getting a full price remake. It would have made sense if the remaster was not a part of the Playstation Collection. A lot of new gamers to the PS platform would have experienced the best version of the game, but even then, a 70USD tag still seems like Sony mikling that cow for some more bucks. If it sells well, it will set a precedent for HZD Remake.

32 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Interviews with people like Bruce Straley, David Jaffe and even Cory, if I'm not wrong. Also, I said directors, not regular devs. 

I think it might be the other way around. A game director will need to look at it as a wholistic product, where as regular devs who are working on it on a peice-meal basis would maybe focus only on thier parts and do some playtesting.

Edited by psinide

1 minute ago, psinide said:

I think it might be the other way around. A game director will need to look at it as a wholistic product, where as regular devs who are working on it on a peice-meal basis would maybe focus only on thier parts and do some playtesting.

I was talking about them playing games from other studios. Not the games they are working on. 

8 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

All that I am saying is - they are also people. They may not be able to play all the latest games, but they have preferences too. They will play games that they are excited for and for thosr that they wish to make time for.

This is like saying the CEO of a company cannot take vacations since he/she will be extremely busy. 

Just now, Kumar123 said:

I was talking about them playing games from other studios. Not the games they are working on. 

Ah. Even then, I think someone like a game director would have a vested interest in experiencing the competition from start to finish. 

14 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

All that I am saying is - they are also people. They may not be able to play all the latest games, but they have preferences too. They will play games that they are excited for and for thosr that they wish to make time for.

This is like saying the CEO of a company cannot take vacations since he/she will be extremely busy. 

Terrible analogy. 

Firstly, they don't see games the same way as us dumb consumers do. While we experience the game like it's designed to be experienced, they'll be thinking about all the processes happening in the background, just like how filmmakers do when they watch movies. So, once they figure out the interesting parts, they probably won't sit through all the bloat and tricks that artificially elongate most games. 

Secondly, I doubt game directors who probably don't see their families for months would spend their vacation or free time playing more games, that too from start to finish. 

This is such a weird conversation to have by the way. Of course, they can play games from start to finish if they want to for whatever reason but generally they don't from what I've heard from interviews. 

Edited by Kumar123

35 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Lol, he's bullshitting. Game directors are like filmmakers. They don't play games from start to finish because they don't have the time. What they'll probably do is play bits and parts to assess the technical side. 

You say as if you know its true. You are just speculating.

25 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Yes, as we all know, these are the only game directors in the business. So if I bring the names of three directors who has actually finished games then that means all directors play all games from start to finish?

20 minutes ago, psinide said:

HZD & HFW follows the typical ubilol open world formula. The game was enjoyable because of its combat and the enemy types in the beginning. But I lost interest at around the 60-70% mark and stopped playing. Tried to pick it up when HFW was close, but just couldn't get through with it and was waayy more hyped for ER. 

Both Horizon games are absolutely beautiful, but then again, the TLOU Remaster also plays and looks amazing on the PS5, and we are still getting a full price remake. It would have made sense if the remaster was not a part of the Playstation Collection. A lot of new gamers to the PS platform would have experienced the best version of the game, but even then, a 70USD tag still seems like Sony mikling that cow for some more bucks. If it sells well, it will set a precedent for HFW Remake.

They won't remake HFW lol. TLOU is one of the greatest games of all time man. And it has so many hardcore fans. HFW wouldn't even be GOTY this year.