PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Competition is good, healthy, and what drives the industry (any industry) forward. 

Exactly but ponies don't understand that and can't digest competition doing something good after almost a decade of failure. 

If it wasn't for Gamepass we wouldn't have PlayStation Plus extra/Premium which is also a very good deal especially for those who were away from PS ecosystem for a while/ or are new. Or those who are okay about not playing/buying games day1 . 

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

You'd think a veteran forum member like you would think twice before believing what fanboys post in this thread. :P

Sad Cry GIF

3 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Not sure where it's from. Couldn't find the original interview. Could be fake. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

my S is up for sale on olx since the last 2 weeks. no takers yet. 

The giveaway thread is always open for you :D

Just in case you do, I call dibs so I'm first in line :P

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If you really believe that after how MS handled RROD (even in a small market like India), you are clearly delusional. 

Competition is good, healthy, and what drives the industry (any industry) forward. 

Competition is always good. Not denying that. 

But companies should compete in the domain(s) of  hardware they manufacture, the games they launch etc. 

They don't have to stoke console wars to be competitive. 

For instance, PS was launched in 1994 when Nintendo was the de facto behemoth. But they never stoked console wars to "compete" with Nintendo. They had better and innovative hardware (cd based system), better games (final fantasy broke away from Nintendo cart based systems to cd based ps) etc. 

Also, what has rrod to do with console wars? It was a hardware failure, and they had to address it anyways. It's a totally independent and different issue. 

Moore is a hardcore businessman and he has a background in club football, where people can kill even kill each other over inter club rivalry. 

So i know exactly where his statement is coming from. 

Edited by radicaldude

23 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I think he forgot to read the article before posting  ?

Unlike the shitposters here , I read every article I post

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And ?

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

This is just corpo speak. 

They wanted to create an army of hardcore ?s to sell their products to, even if they are inferior. 

Sony still doesn't have much competition from xbox hardware/software (games) as such. 

It's just that the langar is forcing sony to look at things a bit differently. Sony completely dominated the PS4/xbone era anyways. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If you really believe that after how MS handled RROD (even in a small market like India), you are clearly delusional. 

So instead of creating a console which actually didnt face RRoD most of the time and making games that people want to buy and play or compete with what Sony was putting out, they instead had their own employees astroturf websites or use their evangelist program to start sh*t.

And no, console wars doesn’t encourage competition…. All it does it create bitterness amongst everyone and this thread is evidence of it.

They created competition this gen by making a great console, starting up gamepass with a super low entry cost and buyi Acti/Bethesda.

Thats how you compete and not by having stupid console wars

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

So instead of creating a console which actually didnt face RRoD most of the time and making games that people want to buy and play or compete with what Sony was putting out, they instead had their own employees astroturf websites or use their evangelist program to start sh*t.

And no, console wars doesn’t encourage competition…. All it does it create bitterness amongst everyone and this thread is evidence of it.

They created competition this gen by making a great console, starting up gamepass with a super low entry cost and buyi Acti/Bethesda.

I still can’t make out how those things are related but hey..  you did read the article as you said ??

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

sh*t happens in HW development.  I’m sure MS did not want RROD to happen in the first place, but they found out it’s common after that gens HW was out. And they did the next best thing they could - changed as many consoles as needed, even without warranty (many examples on IVG or GI at that point of time, in a niche market like India) if anyone experienced RROD. 

I’m not a HW expert, but I really doubt getting new HW in a short span of time (development, QC, regulatory approvals etc) was possible. The suits decided to not save money but keep on changing consoles if consumers had an issue. 
Thats really owning up to the mistake and taking responsibility. 
Tangentially compare it to Apple. Their previous gen MacBooks, worth thousands of dollars, had the most sh*t butterfly keyboard ever produced, literally dying with specks of dust. They did jackshit unless there was a class action lawsuit filed against them. They did the same with slowing iPhones with battery degradation, without letting consumers know. Again, a class action lawsuit was needed. 
It’s in times of adversity that you really test leadership. Apple lacks competition, and is able to get away with much sh*t. At least with console wars (to a certain extent), you’ve ample mudslinging to compete and keep the other companies in check. 
Unless you’re Nintendo. Then you’re automatically awesome and better than console wars and MS and Sony. 

BTW, pray tell me would Sony have launched any sub service had it not been for Gamepass ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

BTW, pray tell me would Sony have launched any sub service had it not been for Gamepass ?

That’s why competition is good, MS understood that their ways of operating is not getting them anywhere. Gamepass is great, no one is taking away from that.

But do you need to flame console wars to compete?

Let your product, services and games do the talking instead of hiring drones to talk sh*t