PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

14 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Quiet a hyperbole.

And they better release them cause of non existent 3rd party support.

What exactly will you play on system if they won't release at least 3-4 games per year?

No games at all.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/11/nintendo-switch-now-has-over-6700-third-party-games

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Its even more hilarious since they repeatedly promised it in blogs and tweets

image0.png

When HFW went back on the promise and charged $10 for upgrade, people came out in full force and made Sony reverse it. Now the same guys be like "bu bu so and so games don't have split screen too haha gotcha." Nothing's going to reverse in Xbox camp when you have fans like these :lol: 

Thats the whole problem with Xbox fanboys. MS keeps getting a free pass every gen, so now they don't even bother creating new exclusive IPs for xbox. Gamepass is the only thing good out of MS in the last 2 gens, but that being favourable for users is only a side effect of their efforts to hurt sales on Playstation, and not their intention.

Personally I find the "your game is on PC, people will stop buying your console" argument dumb, because console gamers will not go out of their way to invest on PC. Having said that , MS really needs to create new IPs for their xbox ecosystem.

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Is there a list?

I am just curious as to why people are bragging about system getting 3-4 first party games per year, when that's all it gets.

Ideally Nintendo should be pumping games on monthly - bi monthly basis to keep audiance playing. 

14 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Is there a list?

I am just curious as to why people are bragging about system getting 3-4 first party games per year, when that's all it gets.

Ideally Nintendo should be pumping games on monthly - bi monthly basis to keep audiance playing. 

Go to eshop/Dekudeals/eshop-prices and see the list. 

And I'm sure Nintendo knows more than me or you about gaming. Let's not pretend to be experts in areas where we have little knowledge except being customers. Their consoles and game sales have been doing well. First party games have far better mechanics than a 1000 Xbox games combined (except Psychonauts 2 - that was a brilliant game), never go on deep discounts, and still top the charts almost everywhere. 

Truly the best thing Xbox did was being gamepass, and I do love it for playing Indies without additional costs. But first party development on xbox is lazy, and there are no two ways around it. Without GP, xbox is a dead console. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

First party games have far better mechanics than a 1000 Xbox games combined 

I know it's a matter of taste but i find this to be opposite of what I feel.

Xbox release few games cause mechanics are deep and you can sink your teeth into. In fact that's the only thing they focus on.

It can take some time to click. I played Forza Horizon series for about 20 hrs and was extremely bored with it.

After finishing Elden Ring I decided to give it a try, then it clicked. It can be zen like experience, game was constantly asking me to up the difficulty cause I was winning by 4-5 seconds.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Xbox release few games cause mechanics are deep and you can sink your teeth into. In fact that's the only thing they focus on.

It can take some time to click. I played Forza Horizon series for about 20 hrs and was extremely bored with it.

After finishing Elden Ring I decided to give it a try, then it clicked. It can be zen like experience, game was constantly asking me to up the difficulty cause I was winning by 4-5 seconds.

I love this guy’s take so much - it’s like some other worldly perspective ?????

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

6 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Slow Motion Smoking GIF

what you gotta do first, to actually enjoy xbox FP games. 

Unfortunately, for @Vaibhavp the effects stay for long and he posts here under the influence of weed. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

It's true. 

Just look at how many people complain about managing Halo Infinite better. (Legitimate complaints)

If it were a normal boring game, it would have died off and nobody would have noticed.

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Do we need to rename the thread to Xbox vs Playstation vs Nintendo?

Sooner it's done the better. Nintendo Bros are feeling left out and attacking xbox on sight. Mostly due to its weak positioning from console wars perspective this year (there is no actual shortage of quality games on it).

Weird considering how under equipped Switch is for console war. From weak hardware to kiddy games to actual game droughts. 

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Thats the whole problem with Xbox fanboys. MS keeps getting a free pass every gen, so now they don't even bother creating new exclusive IPs for xbox. Gamepass is the only thing good out of MS in the last 2 gens, but that being favourable for users is only a side effect of their efforts to hurt sales on Playstation, and not their intention.

Personally I find the "your game is on PC, people will stop buying your console" argument dumb, because console gamers will not go out of their way to invest on PC. Having said that , MS really needs to create new IPs for their xbox ecosystem.

bhai...bhai.. they might block you from their WA echo chamber for saying this. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

No. But it's interesting that you chose to deflect the question. Really hope that you are spending more time playing games than talking about them here lol.

I think you could have just taken a look at the backlog thread where I’d posted and you’d have your answer.  Thanks for the remind though. Now lemme help you 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIPUL5c8AwNnwsZ__Trih

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Sooner it's done the better. Nintendo Bros are feeling left out and attacking xbox on sight. Mostly due to its weak positioning from console wars perspective this year (there is no actual shortage of quality games on it).

Weird considering how under equipped Switch is for console war. From weak hardware to kiddy games to actual game droughts. 

:ko:
Okay, you are an adult uncle gamer huh? 

Splatoon 2, which came out in 2017 still has more active players than Halo Infinite. 
Takes less than 10 seconds to start a battle. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I think you could have just taken a look at the backlog thread where I’d posted and you’d have your answer.  Thanks for the remind though. Now lemme help you 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIPUL5c8AwNnwsZ__Trih

Lol, how would I know if you had made a post there or not?

Also, why don't you use the form yourself considering you spend way more time here than me, that too defending a corporation for free.

Edited by Kumar123

33 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Lol, how would I know if you had made a post there or not?

Also, why don't you use the form yourself considering you spend way more time here than me, that too defending a corporation for free.

interesting observation. However,  
1. I’m on game threads where I have active interest in buying the game unlike you.  
2. I am not looking up completion rates and trophies / achievements of random accounts on the internet 

Sounds to me like you’ve got a bit more free time, no?