PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

7 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Grounded 1.0 just released. 

Has been excellent so far.

Pentiment is also coming, Xbox is doing great.

Far more interesting to play fresh and creative experience like these.

Oh wow, haven't heard of these. Any chance for them to take GoTY from Ragnarok? :giggle:

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Do you ever wonder if they feed us this sh*t on purpose? Pump out articles to start discussions and make us think that streaming is definitely going to be the future, so that we would resist it less and be ready for it? I would say we should collectively reject this, but gamers are hopeless.

Yes, most likely, thing is if streaming takes off it's very profitable for any console corps since there's no loss making hardware, R&D for making the hardware, disc distribution etc.

The business model is already in place with GP and other subscription services, like how Spotify killed the whole "buying" MP3s from iTunes model earlier, netflix etc got rid of DVD/BluRay movie sales/rent( exists but not as huge as before )

And corporates love selling you services, not feel and touch products, services are much more profitable unless you're like say Apple.

Just now, PhantomShade said:

Yes, most likely, thing is if streaming takes off it's very profitable for any console corps since there's no loss making hardware, R&D for making the hardware, disc distribution etc.

The business model is already in place with GP and other subscription services, like how Spotify killed the whole "buying" MP3s from iTunes model earlier, netflix etc got rid of DVD/BluRay movie sales/rent( exists but not as huge as before )

And corporates love selling you services, not feel and touch products, services are much more profitable unless you're like say Apple.

Don't know about consoles disappearing but I've been seeing more and more people online who are surprised by the fact that physical game discs are still a thing. :wacko:

16 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Grounded 1.0 just released. 

Has been excellent so far.

Pentiment is also coming, Xbox is doing great.

Far more interesting to play fresh and creative experience like these.

Suure.

A 2 year old early access game that's finally reached 1.0 and... Pentiment, I've seen gameplay, a 2D adventure game, excellent Gamepass fodder.

Also, forgot to include 3rd party exclusives Sifu, Stray etc on PS. 

8 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Oh wow, haven't heard of these. Any chance for them to take GoTY from Ragnarok? :giggle:

Add to that PSVR2 is up too soon, with Half Life Alyx publishing deal between PS Studios and Steam.

21 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Meh. GOTY awards have nothing to do with creativity and new experience. Most games that win are big budget blockbuster type of games.

8 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Suure.

A 2 year old early access game that's finally reached 1.0 and... Pentiment, I've seen gameplay, a 2D adventure game, excellent Gamepass fodder.

Also, forgot to include 3rd party exclusives Sifu, Stray etc on PS. 

Add to that PSVR2 is up too soon, with Half Life Alyx publishing deal between PS Studios and Steam.

Bragging about Alyx LMAO.

As for Pentiment, something tells me it's gonna be good. But will wait for release.

15 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Meh. GOTY awards have nothing to do with creativity and new experience. Most games that win are big budget blockbuster type of games.

Bragging about Alyx LMAO.

As for Pentiment, something tells me it's gonna be good. But will wait for release.

Not saying it will be bad, just its incomparable to what big ones PS has been dropping this year and will continue to drop til th years end along with indie titles. 

And what's wrong with bragging about Alyx? It's arguably the best VR game made, critical and commercial success. Any collab between steam and PS Studios shows there can be co-dependency, we're already getting PS console exclusives on PC. 

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Halo Infinite is the most expensive game ever made btw. 

5 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Radical can alone pull this thread to huge distances. 

But he has gone into hiding cause xbox is having such a great year. He doesn't want to make a fool of himself.

andaz-apna-apna-robert.gif

Quality bait to drag back @radicaldude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

That handle is just another Fanboi account like colt. 

Revenue is not profit, can't really say it's sustainable without profit numbers. 

GP had 25Mil subs on Jan21 and MS hasn't given an update on the count, but if that is somehow true it just shows there's been zero growth and is stagnant.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic

The snake oil salesman Phil and the evil multi-trillionaire megacorporation MS are gonna come after this dev for coming clean on the issue. They're gonna shut him up like they did other devs who called out the weak potato that is the XSS. Second gen in a row MS is f*cking up games for everyone.

If multiplat devs had to gimp their vision because of XSS, I wish they just ignore it and launch for the XSX and the PS5.

Edited by gecko89

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

The snake oil salesman Phil and the evil multi-trillionaire megacorporation MS are gonna come after this dev for coming clean on the issue. They're gonna shut him up like they did other devs who called out the weak potato that is the XSS. Second gen in a row MS is f*cking up games for everyone.

If multiplat devs had to gimp their vision because of XSS, I wish they just ignore it and launch for the XSX and the PS5.

Series S gonna generate a ton of salt this generation. :roflroll:

I hope Sony launches a mini PS5 as well. I will buy it immediately to show support.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Series S gonna generate a ton of salt this generation. :roflroll:

I hope Sony launches a mini PS5 as well. I will buy it immediately to show support.

Naa, that's the sort of sh*t MS would pull.

Hope devs ditch XSS and develop for only XSX and PS5 if XSS holds their vision back. Now that would not only generate tons of salt but also megatons of trash since overwhelming majority of xbox consoles sold are XSS :rofl:

Edited by gecko89