PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Friendly reminder that GOTY awards or any gaming awards really are completely meaningless.

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Just because Spender forces Devs under him to be busy in shitty "passion projects" which win 0 awards (has been the case since a decade or so), the Video Game awards are meaning less. :rofl:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I know exactly y i think sony should stop begging for the deal to fall through and give xbox a chance to fight.

Fight without creating IPs and just taking over popular franchises. How creatively bankrupt is MS?

Edited by RV1709
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Doom Eternal was good, but it felt too stretched out by the end. The last boss fight was boring and a buttom spam fest. Overall I preferred Doom 2016. 

Hot take-: I enjoyed Halo infinite's SP campaign much more than doom eternal. :fear:

2020 had better games, such as FF7 remake and trials of mana remake, even if we don't count Ghost of Tsushima (which in my opinion was much more deserving of Goty than tlou 2)

Again, personal opinion and all.

Doom Eternal it's music still plays in my head, after all this time of playing it. 

Not saying it deserves most awards, that would be TLOU 2 cause its made on a template that wins awards. 

But it and Half Life Alyx deserve some recognition. Cyberpunk winning more awards than these two is kinda wild and make me doubt credibility of GOTY awards.

28 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Suddenly GOTY, Publisher of the Year awards are meaningless for M$?

I see my point went right over your head. :P

Spoiler

My point was: While fanbois are busy taking time off their day jobs to argue over the relevancy of game awards, we have awards which support arguments from both sides. Thus, making the argument itself irrelevant.

Tl;dr

Smoke Smoking GIF by Amazon Prime Video

24 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Again, personal opinion and all.

Doom Eternal it's music still plays in my head, after all this time of playing it. 

Not saying it deserves most awards, that would be TLOU 2 cause its made on a template that wins awards. 

But it and Half Life Alyx deserve some recognition. Cyberpunk winning more awards than these two is kinda wild and make me doubt credibility of GOTY awards.

Spinning a web of lies, just to prove a point. 

Half life alyx did win the VR game of the in 2020. 

Screenshot-20221122-125425.png

You can't expect a vr game, that too a steam exclusive not compatible with a widely sold consumer grade vr headset like ps vr to win the GoTy. 

Also, like i said. Doom eternal was good. But better games released in 2020. 

It did get nominated in the best action games category. And has won awards from other media houses. 

Screenshot-20221122-125436.png

Also, dafaq is the logic behind DE having a good soundtrack (that still plays in your head) so it should be tagged as a GoTy 

36 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Spinning a web of lies, just to prove a point. 

Half life alyx did win the VR game of the in 2020. 

Screenshot-20221122-125425.png

You can't expect a vr game, that too a steam exclusive not compatible with a widely sold consumer grade vr headset like ps vr to win the GoTy. 

Also, like i said. Doom eternal was good. But better games released in 2020. 

It did get nominated in the best action games category. And has won awards from other media houses. 

Screenshot-20221122-125436.png

Also, dafaq is the logic behind DE having a good soundtrack (that still plays in your head) so it should be tagged as a GoTy 

Lord Gaben will never forgive for this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT28Yg1SIbDRbGr3Zkxrit

It's one thing to down play achievements of Lord Phil, but Lord Gaben? Seriously?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJAzByCwqK4VmdyfBnuxt

GLAAD is one of the oldest & a pretty  big LGBTQ org. it routinely helps on media projects (games/films etc) with lgbtq potryal including  games like Street fighter etc. if it disappeared next year it probably means that the award was given to some other forma like movie or comic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

image.png
Yep yep. Prestigious awards like this that disappeared the very next year for some reason.

Homophobia is pretty on brand with you, isn’t it ? GLAAD is a well respected LGBTQ+ fraternity that shines a light on various aspects of entertainment that highlights the community. A look at the wiki link below says they have awarded games every year since 2019 and not just specific to last of us 2 in 2020

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLAAD_Media_Award_for_Outstanding_Video_Game

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Homophobia is pretty on brand with you, isn’t it ? GLAAD is a well respected LGBTQ+ fraternity that shines a light on various aspects of entertainment that highlights the community. A look at the wiki link below says they have awarded games every year since 2019 and not just specific to last of us 2 in 2020

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLAAD_Media_Award_for_Outstanding_Video_Game

Meaningless still, since according to their criteria, they would choose a mediocre game with a gay character over the greatest game of all time if given the choice.

> since 2019

So, popped up 3 years ago. Big deal.

On 11/16/2022 at 6:43 PM, Legacy Gamer said:

I have boycotted Disney and it's subsidiaries for promoting LGBQ+ culture.

We must respect our culture.

Gays and homos is illegal in India and condoned by our culture. It is not human right, but a gross abuse of natural world order. This wicked act is also not norm among animals. Disney and Co. are pathetic perverts.

13 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Meaningless still, since according to their criteria, they would choose a mediocre game with a gay character over the greatest game of all time if given the choice.

> since 2019

So, popped up 3 years ago. Big deal.

Now im having doubts if both profiles belong to the same person. 

Ps- the game with a gay character that came out in 2020 is one of the greatest in the past decade for sure. 

• Like 1