PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Supply shortage. Mentioned in article itself. But nobody bothered to read that.

Shortage is for X. S is available everywhere including Japan. It is even available for ready purchase on Amazon JP.

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Shortage is for X. S is available everywhere including Japan. It is even available for ready purchase on Amazon JP.

Xbox tanking in Japan is the least surprising thing, I dunno why people are shocked or trying to defend bad sales. 

19 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Xbox tanking in Japan is the least surprising thing, I dunno why people are shocked or trying to defend bad sales. 

Yeah, Xbox consoles were never in much demand in Japan except for strictly niche category of gamers.

24 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I'd say the surprising part is gamers raging against Square for skipping Xbox for dozens of their games, all the while 82% of crisis core sold on PS against 6% on Xbox :P

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

I'd say the surprising part is gamers raging against Square for skipping Xbox for dozens of their games, all the while 82% of crisis core sold on PS against 6% on Xbox :P

Yeah but that's only physical. If you include digital then the game actually sold 80% on Xbox and 10% on PS.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah but that's only physical. If you include digital then the game actually sold 80% on Xbox and 10% on PS.

Of course, how could I forget digital :D where PS also sells more digital than physical. 

50 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

That's a market segment that offers highest growth potential.

Final Fantasy is only big franchise that sells under 10 million for new entries (FF7 R is like 5-6 million sold).

Japanese Dev's dependency on PlayStation has resulted in limited growth for them.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

That's a market segment that offers highest growth potential.

Final Fantasy is only big franchise that sells under 10 million for new entries (FF7 R is like 5-6 million sold).

Japanese Dev's dependency on PlayStation has resulted in limited growth for them.

Complete BS.

Overwhelming majority gamers in the 'other' platform wouldn't buy FF games as seen with XV and CCR, even the ones interested will wait for subscription release. Square is doing nothing wrong with FF. 

20 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Complete BS.

Overwhelming majority gamers in the 'other' platform wouldn't buy FF games as seen with XV and CCR, even the ones interested will wait for subscription release. Square is doing nothing wrong with FF. 

You don't grow franchises like this.

They need to find a way.

This is how console makers lost Japanese market. Everywhere we have healthy console market except Japan. 

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

You don't grow franchises like this.

They need to find a way.

This is how console makers lost Japanese market. Everywhere we have healthy console market except Japan. 

All that 7% sales contribution isn’t encouraging for devs to put in effort 

• Like 1

Just now, RV1709 said:

All that 7% sales contribution isn’t encouraging for devs to put in effort 

It's a vicious cycle. 

If they can't find a way to reach that audiance, they will never understand how to tap into Western market. 

Japanese developers will keep shrinking till they learn how to do that.

To make it clear, SE needs Western market, not the other way round.