PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

43 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Thats true xbox games arent for everyone. PS games are for everyone. the reason they sell in millions and win GOTYS regularly.

PS games are not for you if you have seen a ton of Hollywood blockbusters and are done with them.

Though there are probably lot of people who still enjoy them.

Xbox has a collection of studios they recently purchased. So they all have their own identity. You cannot look at a game and say "it looks like an xbox game" if they make a new IP.

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's 5 mins I'm never getting back :mellow:

Regardless, I played the game recently; it's good but it's a niche title. I was really enjoying it at the start and then the loops got boring. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday.

It's weakest Arkane game. They ruined the need to explore and make use of mechanics they created. 

Instead you keep chasing markers. Too much hand holding in the game.

With that said, i finished it in a single stretch, really enjoyed art, music and vibe of the game.

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

That happens quite a lot. Also as long as customers are willing to pay these prices Nintendo will keep prices high . And Honestly that's just smart business .

Yeah, maybe it's smart business.

I will skip the gen though. Next gen they will fumble most likely, then I will pick up stuff that looks appealing.

20 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

With that said, i finished it in a single stretch, really enjoyed art, music and vibe of the game.

That's impressive. Honestly, the game held my interest pretty well for a while with it's mechanics, art and music but the loop thing got monotonous after a while. That's not to say that it was the game's fault, I generally tend to lose interest. Same thing happened to me with Hades (probably one of my favorite games).

3 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

That's impressive. Honestly, the game held my interest pretty well for a while with it's mechanics, art and music but the loop thing got monotonous after a while. That's not to say that it was the game's fault, I generally tend to lose interest. Same thing happened to me with Hades (probably one of my favorite games).

Single stretch means played it non stop for 2 weeks. Not a single sitting. :bigyellowgrin:

16 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Isn’t it a roguelike? Can you beat it in a single and your first sitting?

Nope.

Unless you are Einstein.

It's not a roguelite. Just has a mechanic in which you start at same position if you die.

Its map is divided in 4 sections and 4 times of a day. Visionaries keep changing their positions, you have to figure out how to get them in right place at right time.

Your skill as player doesn't matter that much. More of a puzzle game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

PS games are not for you if you have seen a ton of Hollywood blockbusters and are done with them.

Though there are probably lot of people who still enjoy them.

Xbox has a collection of studios they recently purchased. So they all have their own identity. You cannot look at a game and say "it looks like an xbox game" if they make a new IP.

It's weakest Arkane game. They ruined the need to explore and make use of mechanics they created. 

Instead you keep chasing markers. Too much hand holding in the game.

I guess that’s true since the most used app on the Xbox is Netflix 

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, Sach4life said:

It would be discounted to 30-35 USD in 2 years time. I have seen multiple Nintendo games around that price couple years after their release. This Black Friday itself it was discounted 33%

Every Nintendo 1st party IP gets discounted by 33% like clockwork during BF sales (unless it is a limited or a new launch). Been happening for years now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

I mean, Netflix should already be an example. The period before they peaked was called the Golden age of Television because of the sheer quality of the shows that were coming out then. It's still the golden age now, kind of, but only because of the sheer number of TV shows these streaming platforms put out regardless of quality. I think indie games could be compared to good shows with a decent following that Netflix cancels after a season or two just because the numbers aren't big enough. So yeah, f**k subscription services.