PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

23 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

This is more about how studios are managed. 

They keep main team working on dlc while a small team work on pre development for next title.

Other option is to fire main team so there will be no dlc. Some companies do this.

So you mean halo "infinite"  will have no further dlcs? 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-18/microsoft-layoffs-include-gaming-units-behind-halo-starfield

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

So you mean halo "infinite"  will have no further dlcs? 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-18/microsoft-layoffs-include-gaming-units-behind-halo-starfield

343 has too many employees. 

They are being reshuffled. 

Infinite is gonna be in a great shape soon. I will re download it then.

• Haha 2

This just showcases how Xbox team is unable to manage their studios.  Cutting 10k jobs which could have been saved if they back off of the Activision takeover. It’s not about human capital for them, it’s just the IPs

terrible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

This just showcases how Xbox team is unable to manage their studios.  Cutting 10k jobs which could have been saved if they back off of the Activision takeover. It’s not about human capital for them, it’s just the IPs

terrible

Lol, nice theory. Company doing a layoff just like every other tech company in a looming recession amid sales degrowth and you think it would have been avoided if the company didn't do an acquisition?

I mean, put some effort in to spread false information. Understand how tech cycles work.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am surprised that Google couldn't save 6% of its workforce even after hacking off Stadia. I guess it's not about human capital for them, it's just about killing products.

At least Amazon is doing better...oh wait.

Everything aside, kudos to Sony for staying strong in the face of a recession!

8 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Layoffs have Sony as well. Their data science and hardware acceleration division laid off approx 500 people (out of approx 2k), haven't hit the news though.

8 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Dude, I am in the IT industry. Every single company is trying to cut costs  and workforce reduction is the easiest way to do it esp when demand is weak. My team mate just got laid off and our enterprise product just had one of the best quarters ever. So there is no point trying to correlate performance with layoffs. It may not always be true.

These layoffs are just preparations for the looming recession. Trying to paint Sony as a messiah in these times is just plain ignorance. The axe will fall - it is just a matter of when.

5 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Dude, I am in the IT industry. Every single company is trying to cut costs  and workforce reduction is the easiest way to do it esp when demand is weak. My team mate just got laid off and our enterprise product just had one of the best quarters ever. So there is no point trying to correlate performance with layoffs. It may not always be true.

These layoffs are just preparations for the looming recession. Trying to paint Sony as a messiah in these times is just plain ignorance. The axe will fall - it is just a matter of when.

I think you are forgetting that the purpose of this thread is to just bash either Sony or Xbox by holding onto any straw one can get.

It's actually sick that people here are using this as an agenda. If unfortunately, the axe ends up falling on one's own head, it won't be so funny anymore.

My senior was working at Sony as Principal Data Scientist and his code is actually running in Ps4/5 systems and he was laid off 2 days ago. But obviously who cares about this until Game studios are intact, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I'm in IT as well and my post was sarcastic. :P

• Haha 3