PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

homophobes to be out in full force tomorrow. ;)

PlayStation TV focus is concerning.

If you bought system for single player games, it is one of the biggest bait and switch.

They shifted focus to live service games, then VR, now TV shows. 

Reminding me of TV..TV..TV during Xbone reveal.

2023 is already looking dire while competition is set to surpass them convincingly.

11 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

If you bought system for single player games, it is one of the biggest bait and switch.

2023 is already looking dire while competition is set to surpass them convincingly.

trap-spring-trap.gif

By that logic, Xbox is now into lipstick, controller hoodies, mini fridge and boots. Bland 2022, and 2023 starts with mass layoffs, Halo still dying, Staten to leave 343 again, AR dept closed, no release dates for any first party game. Dire indeed. 

9 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

trap-spring-trap.gif

By that logic, Xbox is now into lipstick, controller hoodies, mini fridge and boots. Bland 2022, and 2023 starts with mass layoffs, Halo still dying, Staten to leave 343 again, AR dept closed, no release dates for any first party game. Dire indeed. 

Druckmann is directing tv shows now. 

Their games will definitely be delayed.

Also if show is so successful, that will dictate what games they work on. Prepare for TLOU3 and TLOU2 remake when people are clamouring for new IP.

46 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Druckmann is directing tv shows now. 

Their games will definitely be delayed.

Also if show is so successful, that will dictate what games they work on. Prepare for TLOU3 and TLOU2 remake when people are clamouring for new IP.

And? Had they not kept someone who worked closely on the game's narrative like Neil, it would have ended up like Witcher and Halo TV shows, trash. Neil directs one episode and you're losing your marbles already?! ?

The games will be fine, at the worst there'll be xdev and third party exclusives in place.

You should be concerned about Xbox being busy with lipsticks, nail polishes and controller hoodies while Mastercheeks gets humiliated in a TV show and the 10year life cycle GaaS flagship IP eating dirt for the umpteenth time a a row ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Why? They are not abandoning games for TV, are they? From what I can see, they are expanding with their tv shows. Nothing wrong in that.

3 hours ago, b!T said:

Why? They are not abandoning games for TV, are they? From what I can see, they are expanding with their tv shows. Nothing wrong in that.

Are they not??

Seems to me they are mostly depending on 3rd party paid deals for 2023 which are bad for everyone in industry. 

They don't have any shows like E3 where they can show their games cause they are mostly working on GAAS titles. 

Ubisoft cancelled like, 10 GAAS games in last few years so there is no guarantee they will get released or will get any traction.

On top of that, success of tv show will definitely not go unnoticed. I expect a lot more TV shows and a lot less games.

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Are they not??

Seems to me they are mostly depending on 3rd party paid deals for 2023 which are bad for everyone in industry. 

They don't have any shows like E3 where they can show their games cause they are mostly working on GAAS titles. 

Ubisoft cancelled like, 10 GAAS games in last few years so there is no guarantee they will get released or will get any traction.

On top of that, success of tv show will definitely not go unnoticed. I expect a lot more TV shows and a lot less games.

A lot less games. who are we really talking about here? 

Edited by RV1709