PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

12 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

It isn't. 

It's not masterpiece class title like some of their other games. 

Thats about all criticism that can be put on it.

Best part about deathloop is the dualsense optimization which bots cannot anyways experience. On the Xbox controller the game puts mid in mediocrity. 

1 minute ago, Kumar123 said:

Was really disappointed by Dishonored 2's story, world-building, writing etc. Gameplay was arguably better than the first though.

I liked it about as much as part 1.

Part 1 had that shocking twist that part 2 did not had.

I honestly don't care for "twist" based storytelling any more. It's just a lazy way of portraying your story to be something special, no other form of media uses it.

Just give me good characters and environmental storytelling, which was pretty good in Dishonoured 2.

40 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I liked it about as much as part 1.

Part 1 had that shocking twist that part 2 did not had.

I honestly don't care for "twist" based storytelling any more. It's just a lazy way of portraying your story to be something special,

no other form of media uses it.

Huh? It's still common in movies and TV shows.

Just give me good characters and environmental storytelling, which was pretty good in Dishonoured 2.

It has been a while since I've played the game, so don't remember much, but I have screenshots of relevant discussions that I found myself agreeing with at the time.

image.png

image.png

In addition to this, the bad rich guy had dialogues along the lines of "poverty is a state of mind' and the good rich guy wanted to be more 'inclusive' and have more representation for his workers. All this reeked of present day politics and didn't feel like they belonged to the victorian era like in the first game. The characters were too black and white. The main villain was retconned to be Emily's aunt and that whole plot was written like a typical Hollywood story where good triumphs over evil. The Witcher 3 DLC Blood and Wine had a similar plot but it was handled with way more nuance.

Edited by Kumar123

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Huh, don't know man. I never focus on this stuff. Its present day politics/ideology maybe in US/UK. I have no idea what that's about. 

I read absolutely each and every document/ letter / audio log I could find in the game. Found the writing to be very engaging, fleshed out characters and game world really well 

On top, Luca Abele portrayal was very well done. Really enjoyed environmental story telling in his mansion.

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Those who are getting hyped about redfall are the same bunch who were hyped about back 4 blood. And we know how that turned out to be. 

Back 4 Blood is really good now.

Magic of it being GAAS title.

Really enjoyed it. Our group dreaded when it ended.

58 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Huh, don't know man. I never focus on this stuff. Its present day politics/ideology maybe in US/UK. I have no idea what that's about. 

I read absolutely each and every document/ letter / audio log I could find in the game. Found the writing to be very engaging, fleshed out characters and game world really well 

On top, Luca Abele portrayal was very well done. Really enjoyed environmental story telling in his mansion.

An interesting critique of the game. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this by the way. My problem was mainly with the story and writing alone and this video deals with aspects like level design and gameplay. 

Edited by Kumar123

8 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

An interesting critique of the game. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this by the way. My problem was mainly with the story and writing alone and this video deals with aspects like level design and gameplay. 

Can't agree or disagree with it cause I didn't do combat playthrough.

I must say though clockwork soldiers gave me best emergent gameplay I had in recent times. 

You can break their camera sensors so they follow only sound. Or hack them. You can use it in so many ways to finish off your enemies.

8 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

ESO - too big to start now (for me)

FM8 - super impressive and likely racing fans will enjoy hell out of it.

HiFi Rush - i suck at rhythm games. Still will give it a shot.

You are pretending  as if you have a host of games to choose from. This is literally the only new title that you can play on that series s

• Haha 1