PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

57 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Fair enough. There's still no way to know whether digital sales for Hifi Rush are included since it's not on the list to begin with. Plus, the game is on GamePass and as pointed out earlier, it's probably the main way people are playing it on Xbox. So, these metrics are pointless, especially for a game that's on GP.

120Milllion active users and GamePass sub count is 25-30Million. There's still an overwhelming majority who do not have gamepass, 90+Milllion. So, had it sold well it should have been in top 20 easy.

39 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

120Milllion active users and GamePass sub count is 25-30Million. There's still an overwhelming majority who do not have gamepass, 90+Milllion. So, had it sold well it should have been in top 20 easy.

Again, that is if the digital sales are included. You're assuming they're included like the other guy, I'm not assuming anything.

I personally don't know even one guy in India that bought the game instead of playing it directly on GP and the ones I know subscribed to 1 month of GP to play the game.

Anyhoo, if you think the game didn't sell well, fine, have it your way. Not even sure what the fuss is about, those who wanted to play it, have played it on GP. Those who didn't, are crying about sales as usual.

9 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Again, that is if the digital sales are included. You're assuming they're included like the other guy, I'm not assuming anything.

I personally don't know even one guy in India that bought the game instead of playing it directly on GP and the ones I know subscribed to 1 month of GP to play the game.

Anyhoo, if you think the game didn't sell well, fine, have it your way. Not even sure what the fuss is about, those who wanted to play it, have played it on GP. Those who didn't, are crying about sales as usual.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Yes HFR includes all sales including digital

As Mat clarifies above, it is included, there's no assumptions here. No one is crying here, nor is this about having it my way, just pointing out the fact that it didn't sell well, despite being critically acclaimed. That's all. 

No one's calling the game you liked bad or gamepass bad, you need not worry.

20 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

As Mat clarifies above, it is included, there's no assumptions here. No one is crying here, nor is this about having it my way, just pointing out the fact that it didn't sell well, despite being critically acclaimed. That's all. 

No one's calling the game you liked bad or gamepass bad, you need not worry.

Ah! My bad then.

In this Tweet that you quoted, Bethesda doesn't seem to be listed as a participating publisher. Does that mean the digital sales are tracked under Microsoft or not tracked at all? I'll assume the former for now as it makes sense. 

Edited by TRMNTR

17 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Ah! My bad then.

In this Tweet that you quoted, Bethesda doesn't seem to be listed as a participating publisher. Does that mean the digital sales are tracked under Microsoft or not tracked at all? I'll assume the former for now as it makes sense. 

Yuss, both Xbox studios and Bethesda do. 

54 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Forspoken selling well means people are starved and will buy anything. 

I was told this phenomenon was a real thing and happens with other platforms regularly. :P

Meanwhile xbots are starved yet won’t buy multiplat games as evidenced by the constant 80:20 splits you see. And don’t tell me digital isn’t included. Why are we assuming people on PS don’t buy digital ? 

6 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Meanwhile xbots are starved yet won’t buy multiplat games as evidenced by the constant 80:20 splits you see. And don’t tell me digital isn’t included. Why are we assuming people on PS don’t buy digital ? 

People are sticking to sales cause 2023 is gonna be a dry year in terms of games apparently? :giggle:

Anything meaningful that has been shown to release this year from PS studios?

Sony did purchased a bunch of no name studios recently, so there is still hope there could be a shadow drop or two.

3 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

HI Fi Rush is amazing and a GOTY contender!  

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Its amazing but definitely not goty material

It is GOTY material. Just explore the writing in different ways and check. The sheer amount of scenarios they have encountered for, mind boggling. 

CMA should go through this thread to understand the beggar status of Xbox :rofl: and grant the acquisition 

but still, if Xbox dies nothing stops Sony from charging $80, $90, $100…for games which customers can’t cough up consistently. Xbox is a necessary evil it seems

12 hours ago, Snake said:

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available on Tuesday, February 21.

Horizon Forbidden West | PS4, PS5

The Quarry | PS4, PS5

Resident Evil 7 biohazard | PS4

Outriders | PS4, PS5

Scarlet Nexus | PS4, PS5

Borderlands 3 | PS4, PS5

Tekken 7 | PS4

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown | PS4

Earth Defense Force 5 | PS4

Oninaki | PS4

Lost Sphear | PS4

I am Setsuna | PS4