PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Xbox has already announced a Superman game being developed exclusively for the ps5

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Don't forget RE4 is coming out and according to the talented MS lawyers, Resident Evil is a Sony game

image.png?width=807&height=132

Wtf ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Fallout 76 was the last  "big bugthesda rpg'

You have no idea about their fanbase. They have still kept it alive after such bad PR at launch. Also heard it's in pretty good now. Crossed 13.5 million players recently. 

https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-13-5-million-players/

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

You have no idea about their fanbase. They have still kept it alive after such bad PR at launch. Also heard it's in pretty good now. Crossed 13.5 million players recently. 

https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-13-5-million-players/

Fanbase =! a good game.

heck even infinite has a fanbase. a fanbase consisting of bots like you.

I am referring to the quality of the game at launch. not n years down the line

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

A look at this tweeters posting history shows he’s an xbot ? so neutral reporting is not expected. Also paid $8 for that blue tick. Embarrassing 

Doesnt really matter ,he is just updates on the latest from the acquisition.
Not make up things with nonsense like golden dragon ,colt etc.

19 hours ago, RV1709 said:

A look at this tweeters posting history shows he’s an xbot ? so neutral reporting is not expected. Also paid $8 for that blue tick. Embarrassing 

lols... this coming from a guy who posts tweets from red dragon and other bullshit ponies :giggle::roflroll:

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, even with that - I would chalk it up to Insomniac being a far more efficient studio than Bethesda Game Studios (Note: I mean only BGS, not the sister studios like iD Software, Arkane etc.) There was a 5 year gap between ES: Morrowind to Oblivion and again a 5 year gap between ES:Oblivion and Skyrim. 4 year gap between Skyrin amd Fallout 4 - and F4 was nowhere near the quality of Skyrim. Then they rode on the Skyrim train - remastering that same game from 2011 till present. Even with such huge gaps - they always depend on mods to fix their game, and many times even their main quests have game breaking bugs that have to be fixed.

Insomniac meanwhile can give 85+ games or 90+ meta games every 2 years or so. Sony is a very good task-master, while Zenimax/Bethesda is a horrible publisher IMO. They have needed a whip, and this is the first time they will be getting one with MS.

This does not even count the time that development would have completely stalled or stopped while the acquisition talks were going on between MS and Bethesda.

IP-wise though - Spiderman is far bigger than Starfield, and maybe even Elder Scrolls. Between Starfield and Spiderman - Sony/Insomniac have nothing to fear. If anything, MS might have to adjust their release dates to not compete with Spiderman. They need not even do that though, since Starfield will be on GP and most people will have an active sub and will play with that. Sales of Starfield will be minimal, while Spiderman will be huge. Due to GP - both will co-exist.

I was going to reply point by point, but it took too long. 

So i will just say this. 

Pedigree of studio is important. This is not Xbox One era where just making a competent game would be enough. 

First of all, Bethesda is a pioneering studio. I have Skyrim installed right now. Whatever Elden Ring / Breath of the Wild achieved, they did it in 2011. 

That is, landmark based exploration. You see interesting city/settlement/landmass right in front of you, that you wanna explore cause it's interesting. Not just to put a checkmark in the map. 

Outside of that, just the scope of the game is immense. True RPG elements, ship building, ship combat, 100s of solar systems.

I will be highly surprised if Insomniac made any improvements beyond graphics, lip syncing, side quest stories etc. I mean, that stuff is nice to have, but hardly something I pioneering studio would be satisfied with.