PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Sony this year so far

Forspoken trash.

TLOU Remaster pc port trash.

ABK Deal approved for MS.

Sony under scrutiny for "high end console gaming" monopoly. A term coined by them to stop ABK deal being used against them now.

Sony having a stellar year. Looks like it's back to spidey to save their arse :fear1:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Sony this year so far

Forspoken trash.

TLOU Remaster pc port trash.

ABK Deal approved for MS.

Sony under scrutiny for "high end console gaming" monopoly. A term coined by them to stop ABK deal being used against them now.

Sony having a stellar year. Looks like it's back to spidey to save their arse :fear1:

I don't think we can blame Sony for Forspokem failure. Its SE game.

TLOU PC version is done by Iron Galaxy not internal Sony studios.

ABK deal situation is bit more complicated. I don't think Sony will get in trouble for signing 3rd party exclusives in Japan, coz Japanese Publishers like SE don't want to release certain games on Xbox as install base is poor in Japan and those games don't sell on Xbox. We all know how poorly FF games sell on Xbox in general. So i don't think its Sony doing anything to hurt Xbox there, its xbox which is not pro active in Japan. Xbox needs to make Japan centric 1st party games to gain popularity there. 

Thats all i will say on this. 

23 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

It’s bethesda next big RPG..

People are still playing Skyrim and fallout! 
Ofcourse people are going to be hyped!

Yup. There's no reason not be hyped for Starfield. 

Todd and his team yet to make a bad Single player RPG.

50 minutes ago, Kazarka said:

I don't think we can blame Sony for Forspokem failure. Its SE game.

TLOU PC version is done by Iron Galaxy not internal Sony studios.

ABK deal situation is bit more complicated. I don't think Sony will get in trouble for signing 3rd party exclusives in Japan, coz Japanese Publishers like SE don't want to release certain games on Xbox as install base is poor in Japan and those games don't sell on Xbox. We all know how poorly FF games sell on Xbox in general. So i don't think its Sony doing anything to hurt Xbox there, its xbox which is not pro active in Japan. Xbox needs to make Japan centric 1st party games to gain popularity there. 

Thats all i will say on this. 

Yeah, none of this is Sony's fault. 

It's just their bad luck.

Though, FF 15 did sold over a million on xbox one. That's good enough sales for a port. It will basically fund the game development. Sony is just blocking the release by marketing contracts. Which is kinda useless and a waste of money for both companies. 

9 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Let MS compete by buying everything!! They clearly can’t do it on their own 

This is because Sony has everything exclusive to their system. 

After buying a couple of Japanese publishers like Capcom and Sega, am sure MS would be able to increase market share by a few points.

21 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

No they don't, they're not as rich as you're making them out to be, Sony cannot pay off so many devs to make their games exclusives to PS console platform,

Japanese devs choose to ignore xbox platform, simply because they don't have enough sales to warrant an xbox release. Market share is abysmal after 20+ years and on top of that most xbox gamers don't buy games, especially now when they expect GP release. To make matters worse, xbox has a higher minimum physical release print count than PS.

Even Capcom ignored last gen xbox consoles for RE4R.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

actual power of the cloud unlike the gibberish Phil spencer has been spewing since Xbox one days 

Huh?? What?

They did this 3 yrs ago with flight simulator.

And it makes sense to do it with that game.

6 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

After buying a couple of Japanese publishers like Capcom and Sega, am sure MS would be able to increase market share by a few points.

Frankly, it will not work.

MS tried everything on their very best generation - The XBox 360 gen. They had tons and tons of Japanese Games as exclusives and timed exclusives (Or the best performing versions) - including big name devs like Hironobu Sakaguchi and Mistwalker (OG dev of Final Fantasy), Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Platinum, Team Ninja etc.

MS invested so heavily in Japanese Games that almost every new Japanese game announced was by default almost assumed to be an X360 exclusive or timed exclusive.

And yet, sale of X360 in Japan remained absolutely miserable. Seems Japanese people mainly prefer Japanese Consoles and Smartphones (Mainly Nintendo and Mobiles then Sony) 

Also, good luck buying Sega and Capcom. MS will have to manage Gambling Parlors and Amusement Parks if they buy those devs. That's their main business :lol:

Edited by roun90