PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Time for MS to except defeat and not waste more time ,start looking elsewhere .

may I also request you to start looking elsewhere? 

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-PS5-PlayStation-Console/dp/B0BRCP72X8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3IOYHA8Y6Q0XQ&keywords=playstation+5&qid=1682509453&sprefix=playsta%2Caps%2C255&sr=8-1

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

The benchmark set by lbox is already pretty low. Even then, the revenue generated makes this quarter "second best". 

It's akin to someone coming third in a race with 3 participants. 

the irony ?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

If somehow Jimmy does manage to block the deal his quote at the meeting will go down in history as the most badass line by a gaming exec. 

Why though? Didn't CMA already say that the major concern they had with the deal was Cloud gaming and not Sony's concern? It's also the basis of the denial.

17 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Why though? Didn't CMA already say that the major concern they had with the deal was Cloud gaming and not Sony's concern? It's also the basis of the denial.

Sony has nothing to do with blocking the deal. 

It's Apple/Google who will benefit the most by cloud gaming taking over traditional gaming. 

You just need a screen for that. 

I expect Sony/Nintendo to become irrelevant as well once cloud gaming becomes dominant. 

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

I expect Sony/Nintendo to become irrelevant as well once cloud gaming becomes dominant. 

I don't. They're the dominant players for a reason. They're good at adapting -- plus, they already support Cloud gaming.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I don't. They're the dominant players for a reason. They're good at adapting -- plus, they already support Cloud gaming.

Hopefully not.

But without a console and first party hype, I don't see them having same presence. 

23 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Sony has nothing to do with blocking the deal. 

It's Apple/Google who will benefit the most by cloud gaming taking over traditional gaming. 

You just need a screen for that. 

Nintendo is the only one of the 3 publishers which has implemented proper Cloud Gaming. Not even MS has done that yet - despite crying "Azure" for the past 3-4 years or so.

Anyways, Cloud Gaming, while good - should never remove traditional gaming altogether. If it ever does - for a lot of years we'll again go back to finding out how exactly India is a "low priority market". With major companies not opening dedicated gaming cloud servers here, we'll be stuck in bad input latency and bad performance games till such a time as and when they've finished with the major markets (US, EU, Japan, Central & SE Asia, China - then only we'll come I expect).

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Nintendo is the only one of the 3 publishers which has implemented proper Cloud Gaming. Not even MS has done that yet - despite crying "Azure" for the past 3-4 years or so.

What do you mean by proper exactly? FYI, I'm not familiar with their recent work in cloud.

18 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Hopefully not.

But without a console and first party hype, I don't see them having same presence. 

Why would they suddenly not have first party hype in this hypothetical future of yours?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

What do you mean by proper exactly? FYI, I'm not familiar with their recent work in cloud.

Nintendo has games running via Cloud on the Switch. Games that generally would not run on the Switch at all because the hardware is far too weak and outdated. For example, games like Control Ultimate Edition, Hitman 3, Resident Evil 7 and Village, A Plague Tale: Innocence and Requiem etc. are all on the Switch and running on the Cloud.

Of course, none of this is useful to us here because Nintendo has no dedicated Cloud Servers for us. But if you're in US/EU etc. it's running well enough I guess.

3 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Why would they suddenly not have first party hype in this hypothetical future of yours?

No console, no hype. 

If you are playing on phone/tablet, your experience will be tailored by Google/Apple. 

Has happened with Sega. 

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Anyways, Cloud Gaming, while good - should never remove traditional gaming altogether. If it ever does - for a lot of years we'll again go back to finding out how exactly India is a "low priority market". With major companies not opening dedicated gaming cloud servers here, we'll be stuck in bad input latency and bad performance games till such a time as and when they've finished with the major markets (US, EU, Japan, Central & SE Asia, China - then only we'll come I expect).

If it hasn't replaced traditional gaming, it's obviously not good enough. 

None of console manufacturers have made any serious attempts at cloud gaming. Their best interest is in traditional gaming.

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Nintendo has games running via Cloud on the Switch. Games that generally would not run on the Switch at all because the hardware is far too weak and outdated. For example, games like Control Ultimate Edition, Hitman 3, Resident Evil 7 and Village, A Plague Tale: Innocence and Requiem etc. are all on the Switch and running on the Cloud.

Of course, none of this is useful to us here because Nintendo has no dedicated Cloud Servers for us. But if you're in US/EU etc. it's running well enough I guess.

No, Nintendo cloud versions suck abroad too. But yeah, they are the first to take them mainstream