PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Just now, dylanjosh said:

Sony charges extra for crossplay. 

So it could also be 2K not wanting to pay extra.

Though you could say its a dick move by Sony too to ask for extra money. 

Is that the case here?....If yes, then randy could have said that and not just blame the publisher. No proof here, simple assumptions.

They charge extra for cross-progression and games with MTX, which in itself is shitty. But BL3 neither has cross-buy/progression nor MTX, this looks like straight up certification issue with 2K. Randy being intentionally vague doesn't help either.

This Xbox DRM that MVG spoke about is a real issue. My area had an Internet outage a day back and thought it would be a perfect time to boot up Outlast II to test this sh*t out. Lo and behold, it asked me to sign into my account and be online to be able to launch the game. BTW my Xbox is set as the primary console. 

I had tried this out earlier too and it's a hit or miss at times. So rare games would work, other would boot and get stuck on the profile loading screen while other games would flat out refuse to even launch. Never had this issue with Playstation. 

8 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

This Xbox DRM that MVG spoke about is a real issue. My area had an Internet outage a day back and thought it would be a perfect time to boot up Outlast II to test this sh*t out. Lo and behold, it asked me to sign into my account and be online to be able to launch the game. BTW my Xbox is set as the primary console. 

I had tried this out earlier too and it's a hit or miss at times. So rare games would work, other would boot and get stuck on the profile loading screen while other games would flat out refuse to even launch. Never had this issue with Playstation. 

It really is amazing that this issue doesn't blow up like it should. Even PC launchers don't require you to be online all the time, and people on PC pretty much accepted the fact that you need online for authentication etc.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

At some point I remember Zodak’s post that he bought AC Valhalla but refunded it due to performance issues on XBoneX 

but he went totally offline for week so the licence  DRM doesn’t take place & he could keep playing the game 

But I vaguely remember about him cribbing about Achievements not unlocking while in offline mode & not even reflecting once you take it online 

Basically what I could get is any achievements that you earn while on offline mode are lost & would never reflect on your gamer card 

Is this true?!?

I am pretty sure sony is following the same thing for its online bought games as well. For me it just show a lock icon on the game until and unless I log in.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

At some point I remember Zodak’s post that he bought AC Valhalla but refunded it due to performance issues on XBoneX 

but he went totally offline for week so the licence  DRM doesn’t take place & he could keep playing the game 

But I vaguely remember about him cribbing about Achievements not unlocking while in offline mode & not even reflecting once you take it online 

Basically what I could get is any achievements that you earn while on offline mode are lost & would never reflect on your gamer card 

Is this true?!?

Yes, i played entire game offline but achievements and screenshots got wiped as they tied to server. Achievements progress is tracked offline and they unlock most of the time once you go online but sometimes they get bugged out.Its a bummer but unfortunately will not change.

As far as base Xbox one and 360 bc games requiring one time activation is coz of smart delivery system. Smart delivery is cloud based feature. It checks game installed on your console then sends info back to servers informing which game version is needed to be installed. It will automatically update and install correct version on system. 

Xbox one X enhanced and seriesX enhanced games need smart delivery system, so that versions correctly installed otherwise, you will have same problem as PS5 BC version as you have to install 2 versions nd all.

Also, if you can buy nextgen consoles then you can afford internet for one time activation. . Today every game needs patches as most got problems at launch. You need some kind of internet to fully enjoy games now.

One time activation also needed on Steam after installing game from disc. 

There is NO always online DRM. Just one time activation for 10secs. You can do it via hotspot from mobile then go offline.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Just now, AnK said:

On PS4 or PS5?!? 
can’t say about PS5 

but on 4 if the console is selected as primary on the account then this doesn’t happen 

If secondary then it will 

Though there are rare instances where something goes bad & you have to restore licenses 

But what I was talking about was trophy earning 

I never face problem in that when completely offline 

Yes i faced this on ps4 but i just tried on ps5... removed the lan cable and i can still play the downloaded games and yes this is my primary account. So sony did something right :P

8 minutes ago, KrIzAliD said:

I am pretty sure sony is following the same thing for its online bought games as well. For me it just show a lock icon on the game until and unless I log in.

Either your PS5 is not set as primary or someone else is playing on your account. Seeing as how many stolen PS accounts are on sale on telegram, its totally possible.

How come people don't bitch about Steam needing one time activation for every game and if you dont login to Steam for 30 days, it forces online check and PC considered as best platform for game  preservation lol

How people in Submarine will play Steam games now? Lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Either your PS5 is not set as primary or someone else is playing on your account. Seeing as how many stolen PS accounts are on sale on telegram, its totally possible.

Yeah it could have been that as well. Thank god Sony implemented 2factor authentication.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

How come people don't bitch about Steam needing one time activation for every game and if you dont login to Steam for 30 days, it forces online check and PC considered as best platform for game  preservation lol

How people in Submarine will play Steam games now? Lol

We are not talking about one time activation. You can also go offline longer than a month with Steam. I used to work on cargo ships and we rarely get internet for months (besides emails).  Steam on laptop worked perfectly, Xbox would've been a brick in the dustbin corner.

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

There is NO always online DRM. Just one time activation for 10secs. You can do it via hotspot from mobile then go offline.

Here's the deal with Xbox to switch the Internet connection. I'm using a wired line and it doesn't allow an on-the-fly switch to Wi-Fi unless I remove the wired connection completely and then do the Wi-Fi mapping. Then again, this shouldn't even be a thing. Your content should be accessible directly. PC clients do this with ease for digital purchase validations, they actively have an offline mode too. If there is a prolonged gap in your digital content validation, then I'd probably understand offline refusing to boot or requiring a periodic validation check. But this is a game I literally played a day ago and refused to boot the next day and being on the very same console. 

41 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Some game needs online check in more often. I will try my games in offline now and see how many give me error 

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

We are not talking about one time activation. You can also go offline longer than a month with Steam. I used to work on cargo ships and we rarely get internet for months (besides emails).  Steam on laptop worked perfectly, Xbox would've been a brick in the dustbin corner.

I kept my Xbox offline for a month to complete Valhalla offline after getting refund. So that MS cant remove license from my system. 

So games do work in complete offline mode but looks like some games don't and forces online check more. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

Some game needs online check in more often. I will try my games in offline now and see how many give me error 

Yeah that's a bit odd. What surprised me from that MVG video as that he faced this issue with disc based games too, which is absolutely unacceptable. I can (to some extent) understand this situation for digital library, but this shouldn't be a thing for physical games. 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

One time Activision is not really a problem in today’s age 

at worst you can connect with phone’s hotspot & get authentication 

But if you need constant connection even for achievements to unlock then it is a problem 

Achievements unlock once u go online. My Valhalla achievements popped back in after goint online but 2 got bugged lol.

I tested few games offline right now. No online at all and so far all were able to work. 

I booted following games in offline just now -  

Gears 5, 

Odyssey,

Watch dogs legion,

Witcher 3

Fallout 4

RE 2 remake 

Valhalla 

Mass effect legendary edition. 

I have 100 more but wont check all now lol.

18 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

People dont bitch about steam drm because PC is open platform that has more options than steam. GOG is drm free. Worst comes to worst you can go jack sparrrow route.