PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Xbox Series X uses the Xbox One’s South Bridge chip

I miss the Overload who thought south bridge is just a bridge in the south part of the city. This one is throwing around tough words :chair:

Spoiler

/s :lol:

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Xbox Series X uses the Xbox One’s South Bridge chip. Look up any XSX teardown video, the 1st MoBo that you see has this chip on it with “Xbox One” written on it. They just reused this from Xbox One in XSX 

Prove it

11 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

@ox- that guy is selling above MRP. DO NOT BUY above MRP and give scalpers a reason to do what they're doing. 

alfred-pennyworth-batman.gif

Thanks for the headsup though :arigato:, I am fine with waiting but would prefer buying from Amazon/Croma/Vijaysales.

6 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Just go with games you absolutely want to play. 

Thanks it's definitely the PS5 for me now. I'm way too excited to play many PS single player games :gunsmilie:

Edited by ox-

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Prove it

Lol man, there are tons of XSX teardown videos on YouTube. But still here are 2-3 videos below. Go to 1st MoBo part in any of the videos and notice “Xbox One” written on this chip. The host talks about the South Bridge chip during this part.

The Xbox One South Bridge chip controls the XSX I/O. This means that I/O controller chip in XSX is reused from ancient under-powered Xbox One of 2013. Meanwhile PS5 has CUSTOM, BUILT FROM GROUND UP FOR 2021 I/O COMPLEX which supercharges PS5. We clearly see now who da boss is.

here are the XSX teardowns

Edited by 0verlord

35 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Lol man, there are tons of XSX teardown videos on YouTube. But still here are 2-3 videos below. Go to 1st MoBo part in any of the videos and notice “Xbox One” written on this chip. The host talks about the South Bridge chip during this part.

The Xbox One South Bridge chip controls the XSX I/O. This means that I/O controller chip in XSX is reused from ancient under-powered Xbox One of 2013. Meanwhile PS5 has CUSTOM, BUILT FROM GROUND UP FOR 2021 I/O COMPLEX which supercharges PS5. We clearly see now who da boss is.

here are the XSX teardowns

Xbox needs its own Cerney to brainwash dudes.

But you thinking it's using xbox one I/o controller while offering such data transfer speeds is kinda funny.

57 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

You are totally wrong, there is not only Xbox one written on watever bridge, there is also Master Chief helmet inside, so Series X is actually built using the OG XBox from 2001, This is real scam man !

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.axios.com/xbox-microsoft-subscription-gaming-d047cf43-e9b4-4a33-bd25-1ab2c0ad9346.html

Subscriber growth for Microsoft’s signature gaming service, Xbox Game Pass, was slower than the company hoped for in the past year, according to a new financial filing.

For those who just want to see actual subscriber counts, that’s the catch. Microsoft hasn’t been sharing them lately. 

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

But Xbox hero Jez Corden said 30 million subs.

There is a difference between subs & Active subs

Apparently no one is willing to clear anything or any number & just project it as “growth”. 

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Xbox needs its own Cerney to brainwash dudes.

But you thinking it's using xbox one I/o controller while offering such data transfer speeds is kinda funny.

Repeating myself but ps5 has more than 2x raw data throughput bandwidth with its ssd as compared to xsx. So xsx can do with that old gen i/o component while ps5 can leap forward with a more than 2x faster ssd and a revolutionary I/O custom unit 

btw I recently bought the legendary  Sennheiser HD650 in a sale. Now rocking Hifiman Sundara and Sennheiser HD650 like a boss in audiophile nirvana ?

Edited by 0verlord

52 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Repeating myself but ps5 has more than 2x raw data throughput bandwidth with its ssd as compared to xsx. So xsx can do with that old gen i/o component while ps5 can leap forward with a more than 2x faster ssd and a revolutionary I/O custom unit 

btw I recently bought the legendary  Sennheiser HD650 in a sale. Now rocking Hifiman Sundara and Sennheiser HD650 like a boss in audiophile nirvana ?

Dude, are you running a data center where data-copy speed is more important when compared to playing games? I just platinumed RnC and that's one of the games that uses the instant loading very effectively. Do you know what I loved about the game? The characters, and the gameplay more than instant transmission across world gimmicks. At the end of the day, none of the sh*t you talk about matters.

Nintendo is still kicking a*s with games like Metroid - Dread that's based out of a cartridge on a system that's even slower than the OG XBone. 

Sony makes great games and that's what matters. MS is getting better and until it proves itself with great games from it's acquired studios, people will continue to doubt it. 

Be a fanboy. But atleast be a fanboy for the right reasons :P

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Dude, are you running a data center where data-copy speed is more important when compared to playing games? I just platinumed RnC and that's one of the games that uses the instant loading very effectively. Do you know what I loved about the game? The characters, and the gameplay more than instant transmission across world gimmicks. At the end of the day, none of the sh*t you talk about matters.

Nintendo is still kicking a*s with games like Metroid - Dread that's based out of a cartridge on a system that's even slower than the OG XBone. 

Sony makes great games and that's what matters. MS is getting better and until it proves itself with great games from it's acquired studios, people will continue to doubt it. 

Be a fanboy. But atleast be a fanboy for the right reasons :P

damn, you wrote this huge waste of an essay

people can be fanboys for many reasons

PS3 Cell CPU was an amazing piece of technology irrespective of the games. People can love the Cell CPU purely for its technology. Similarly for PS5 I/O complex.

as for games, I make many many comments in the games section, sharing many boss battles clips etc and engaging in lots of discussions for only game/gameplay related discussions

I am sad for you for being so narrow minded to not comprehend that people can be fanboy for multiple reasons

48 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

damn, you wrote this huge waste of an essay

people can be fanboys for many reasons

PS3 Cell CPU was an amazing piece of technology irrespective of the games. People can love the Cell CPU purely for its technology. Similarly for PS5 I/O complex.

as for games, I make many many comments in the games section, sharing many boss battles clips etc and engaging in lots of discussions for only game/gameplay related discussions

I am sad for you for being so narrow minded to not comprehend that people can be fanboy for multiple reasons

Bad trolling effort… need to do better.. must do better..:wallbash:

Edited by hsk_colossus

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

data center where data-copy speed is more important

Fyi, it’s not only used for copying data or loading games

It’s also extremely crucial while playing games. These components enable data streaming during playing. 

what data streaming? The data being streamed is the textures data that you see in the world. Whenever you move the camera you look at new textures. PCs have settings- ultra quality textures- that’s all the details on the object etc- which needs to be streamed on the fly while playing 

so if PS5 has massive data streaming bandwidth as compared to xsx and even most PCs, the details that you see on objects can be loaded ie streamed significantly faster than other machines or to flip it, massively more data and details can be streamed in the same time. This can make the worlds incredibly more detailed for example in PS5-only exclusives where devs take full advantage of this hardware 

this data streaming through the ps5 i/o complex and ssd happens on the fly while playing 

I hope this clears the matter that it’s NOT only about copy pasting games. Data copy speed is too primitive a problem and solution that this hardware provides 

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Wait, they stopped sharing even subscriber numbers? :lol:

f**k numbers

no confirmation of the simple word of “active” along with any of the growth projections. 

That’s the first term that is used while discussing users. 

PSplus might have 100m+ subscribers by this logic,counting all the users who might have subscribed at some point or availed some scheme. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Wait, they stopped sharing even subscriber numbers? :lol:

They stopped doing that from last gen. No console or software sales numbers.