PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

GamesPass can grow infinitely if they keep giving games like Gears5,Halo Infinite,ForzaH5,Psychonauts 2 day1 & GoG,RDR2,DoomE,Hitman3,Scarlet Nexus,Yakuza,Hades etc 6-12 months post launch. 

At just ₹250 a month. 

The point is not about it’s growth….it’s about sustainability of such offerings in the long run. 

If they don’t freeze the price at $15 a month & don’t lock away regional pricing then obviously it will keep growing. 

But will it grow at same pace if they do,once all studios they have acquired start releasing games instead of just announcements?!? 

That is the big thing to note for future. 

& without that coming to pass expecting Sony & Nintendo who are already running at all cylinders with their content to start doing what M$ is just saying as of now……is a bit naive. 

Edited by AnK

17 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Even Series S has higher no of games that support 120 fps.

https://onsitego.com/blog/ps5-xbox-series-x-series-s-games-120-fps-list/

Those are mostly 900p games or even 720p in some cases. 
Most are 360 games lol 

lol if PS5 can run Next Gen games 120fps at dynamic 4k just imagine what it would do at 720 or 900p. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

It'll take time, for ex, in PS2/ps3 era, most gamers in India still preferred gaming on pc with cracked games and whatnot, but by the ps4 gen, there were far many who were playing paid games.  Of course, market share wise, it's still small as compared to the pubg crowd or the western console gaming market. But i feel, with time and decent local friendly pricing, it might grow steadily to a decent size.

At that time, smartphones were not widely available. 

Now anyone can start playing pubg by investing 10-15k at max. 

Ps with its offerings would continue to dominate india. 

Once a playstation gets hacked, it's sales increase several folds. 

We can just imagine the craze of ps games in india. 

Edited by radicaldude

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

The last time a God of War game released it went up against another game which iirc scored higher (RDR2).

We all know how that went.

But then ER is a different beast altogether.

Also lol at using a multiplat game in a console war Thread

Its between Starfield vs Elden ring. You also know it. So just stop it right there lol

New ip vs New ip, calling it now. Starfield will be next Skyrim in terms of reviews. Sales i don't know since its on game pass and not on PS4 and PS5. I think sales will definitely be less compared to Skyrim. 

And Ragnarok will get good reviews but i don't expect it to get goty

Also this

More of the same will be the reason critics will use against Ragnarok when it will come to giving goty.

Now personally i wont mind if it wins. I loved 2018 Reboot and more of the same is completely fine for me. I have played and enjoyed plenty games which are more of the same, just bigger and better. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

Those are mostly 900p games or even 720p in some cases. 
Most are 360 games lol 

lol if PS5 can run Next Gen games 120fps at dynamic 4k just imagine what it would do at 720 or 900p. 

I suppose you need to use ps5 and play some 120 fps "locked" games to see how demanding that is.

Arrey Bhaiya pehele Starfield hai kya dekh toh lo :rofl: 

Itna zyada hype……putting it up against Elden Ring(from 2019 GOTY team) & GoW(from 2018 GOTY team). 

Last two games from Starfield team didn’t even get nominations & one even bombed critically :lol: 

Bethesda Studio won GOTY in 2011. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AnK said:

GamesPass can grow infinitely if they keep giving games like Gears5,Halo Infinite,ForzaH5,Psychonauts 2 day1 & GoG,RDR2,DoomE,Hitman3,Scarlet Nexus,Yakuza,Hades etc 6-12 months post launch. 

At just ₹250 a month. 

The point is not about it’s growth….it’s about sustainability of such offerings in the long run. 

If they don’t freeze the price at $15 a month & don’t lock away regional pricing then obviously it will keep growing. 

But will it grow at same pace if they do once all studios they have acquired start releasing games instead of just announcements?!? 

That is the big thing to note for future. 

& without that coming to pass expecting Sony & Nintendo who are already running at all cylinders with their content to start doing what M$ is just saying as of now……is a bit naive. 

First, why should we as customers worry about business sustainability ? That's for their investors/share holders/suits to decide.  As long as it's avilable at low price, let's make the most of it and enjoy while it lasts.

Second, just for argument sake, looking at/having worked in this sw dev industry for over 1.5 decades, i can say that it looks mostly to be a cash burn project for some time to come.  But i don't think MS is looking at profitability right now.  Their goal looks to be to create/turn Xbox into a platform, something like their office, which will have it's dedicated customers at internet scale, paying for services and third party Dev's paying MS for hosting their games on it's platform.  Maybe they want to be the fb of gaming in the long run (like marketplace for buying in game assets, a social network of online gamers etc etc), who knows ? If your see gamepass/xcloud is not limited to consoles, it's on Android/iPhone too.  Expensive acquisitions like Activision won't payoff in the short term, but will help them churn/maintain content for this ubiquitous platform that they're planning to build for years to come.  Again, all this is pure speculation, it may work out or not, nobody knows.  But as consumers, we should not be worried so much about their balance sheets or what their long term plans are. I atleast would be happy if a time comes when i can play my AAA games on my mid range laptop/tv directly thru some cloud based gaming subscription, instead of having to buy a plastic box every few years.

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Can't say Starfield will be GOTY contender, but it's definitely not langar food.

Even if it's worst Bethesda game, it will land somewhere in middle of PS games in terms of quality.

I predict Starfield would launch just like infinite did. 

A Half assed trashy launch with updates coming November 2023. 

Someone said i bash xbox. I just bash spender and his policies of fooling gamers. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Arrey Bhaiya pehele Starfield hai kya dekh toh lo :rofl: 

Itna zyada hype……putting it up against Elden Ring(from 2019 GOTY team) & GoW(from 2018 GOTY team). 

Last two games from Starfield team didn’t even get nominations & one even bombed critically :lol: 

Bethesda Studio won GOTY in 2011. 

Last two games from main Bethesda RPG studios aka Todd team are Skyrim and Fallout 4. Both of these games won plenty of goty and nominations in various categories from  different outlets and in different award shows.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4741306/awards/?ref_=tt_awd

76 was not made by main team. It was Bethesda Austin studio. Todd was producer,  he also producer in upcoming Indiana Jones games.

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Someone said i bash xbox. I just bash spender and his policies of fooling gamers. 

The only thing guaranteed about Starfield is it'll launch with lots of bugs (it's a Bethesda staple after all), it'll still probably be a great game considering Bethesda track record. 

However, it coming close to PS quality or beating Elden Ring meta is just capping with extra steps.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Kuch toh sharam kar.  Coz of Microsoft you will have something to play this fall  Starfield will be the only game you will be playing this fall just like infinite was the only game you played last fall thanks to Xbox langar..lol

You playing no Ragnarok or any PS exclusives as always  :rofl:

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

76 was not made by main team. It was Bethesda Austin studio. Todd was producer,  he also producer in upcoming Indiana Jones games.

It says Bethesda Studios as main team & Austin studio as support team in credits.
Austin studio also assisted ID with Doom. 

I really doubt it can make a huge AAA on its own. 

Tod Horward might not be at the helm but main developmental team was Bethesda Studio. 

This is something shills like Ryan Mcafrey toss around to please fanboys since 76 bombed & M$ acquired it. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

You bash everything that is related to M$. Just because M$ bought bethesda now you think Bethesda games gonna bomb. 

if sony would have bought them you would be singing songs about Starfield now. 

but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. It’s Betehsda’s game so everyone who are well versed with their games are pretty excited. 

btw have you played Elden ring? Seems like you are pretty much sure GOW Ragnarok gonna win GOTY.  

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

The only thing guaranteed about Starfield is it'll launch with lots of bugs (it's a Bethesda staple after all), it'll still probably be a great game considering Bethesda track record. 

However, it coming close to PS quality or beating Elden Ring meta is just capping with extra steps.

Elden ring launched multiple bugs and major performance issues especially on PC. But if game is good and gamers/critics are enjoying the game then they can easily overlook the bugs unless  they  game  breaking. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

It says Bethesda Studios as main team & Austin studio as support team in credits.
Austin studio also assisted ID with Doom. 

I really doubt it can make a huge AAA on its own. 

Tod Horward might not be at the helm but main developmental team was Bethesda Studio. 

This is something shills like Ryan Mcafrey toss around to please fanboys since 76 bombed & M$ acquired it. 

No. 76 was their online experiment but main team was finishing Fallout 4 and was working on Starfield. Starfield is im development since 2014 afaik.

76 is not main team. Bethesda main team makes single player RPG. 76 was their experiment into live service based genre but it wasn't successful.

That said game is still active and getting updates regularly and i heard its vastly improved now compared to launch but still it doesn't offer that same quality experience as mainline games. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Elden ring launched multiple bugs and major performance issues especially on PC. But if game is good and gamers/critics are enjoying the game then they can easily overlook the bugs unless  they not game  breaking. 

Games launching with bugs is one thing, Bethesda games launching with bugs is another. There's a reason it's called Bugthesda Studios.

Not saying game will be bad, will probably be good at least. 

• Like 1

Why the f**k would a publisher list Main developmental studio as a “support studio” & credit other studio as the developer?!? 

Specially when Bathesda Austin has a history of supporting main studios. 

Doesn’t make sense to me….maybe to you & Ryan Mcaffrey.