PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

6 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Dude do you even understand English . Read it again .

Will simplify it for you since you didn't understand in the PS plus thread as well .

If you purchased PS plus earlier (say ) at a discount say for 2200 instead of 3000 .

So now you have to pay 5000-3000 as well as the discount you got for buying PS plus earlier - 800 . So you have to pay 2800 .

For those who purchased PS plus for multiple years have to pay back the discounts for all the years and pay it once now to convert. :thumbdown:

This can't be true.

Do they even know you got it for discount? 

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

This can't be true.

Check out the reddit thread posted in PS plus thread . People in HK for whom service is live now did calculations to check the upgrade cost they were being shown and found this to be true - Sony taking back earlier discounts on PS plus at the time of conversion. 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Lol so not even offering discount on launch of a service is a “dick move” . :lol: 

Don’t want to pay ₹400 a month for that catalogue….simply don’t subscribe. 

Why call them dicks for not offering something they didn’t commit to?!?

Or it’s just that some ppl have been trained “generously” not to pay :lol: 

Here we have an example of people failing on basic reading skills but still finding the words in themselves to write several ignorant sentences

If you ever get basic reading skills, you will see thay Sony wants people to pay back the discounts rhey received earlier on ps plus, if they want to convert now to other tiers

11 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Dude do you even understand English . Read it again .

Will simplify it for you since you didn't understand in the PS plus thread as well .

If you purchased PS plus earlier (say ) at a discount say for 2200 instead of 3000 .

So now you have to pay 5000-3000 as well as the discount you got for buying PS plus earlier - 800 . So you have to pay 2800 .

For those who purchased PS plus for multiple years have to pay back the discounts for all the years and pay it once now to convert. :thumbdown:

9 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Bro first check the Reddit thread and then reply. I replied to you there as well to go through the Reddit post, I even took the pain to quote a part of the thread for you. It is not always about Xbox vs Sony. 

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I see reading and comprehension aren't your best skills. :console:

So?!? 
The discount that they offered for PSplus was obviously for PSplus & not for any future tier they offer.

They are honoring that discounted into PS+Essential.

How can one call them dicks for not applying that discount when moving into PS+Extra from base PS+ which they purchased at sub par discounted rates.

Is this it or am I missing something more ?!?

Will read full break up once free. 

6 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

This can't be true.

Discounts was mainly offered for Direct buy from PS Store so they obviously know..

If you bought a PSN card for discount and then loaded the wallet.. they won't know this..

1 minute ago, AnK said:

So?!? 
The discount that they offered for PSplus was obviously for PSplus & not for any future tier they offer.

How can one call them dicks for not applying that discount when moving into PS+Extra from base PS+ which they purchased at sub par discounted rates.

Easy to say when your wallet isn't on the line Bruh...

PS Plus is now PS Plus Essential, correct.

So they should collect the difference between the two which is 2,000. But now they are collecting 2,800. You call that not scummy ? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

So?!? 

They're not just asking for upgrade difference(totally fine) but if you had bought PS+ on sale, you'll have to pay that what was discounted on your PS+ sub as well. 

Put simply, they're asking for that PS+ discount back!! This is not OK. 

13 minutes ago, AnK said:

So?!? 

So what is happening is suppose you bought ps plus 12 months from some sale for like 2200 when the normal price is 3k, you have a discount of 800.

Now you want to upgrade to extra for 12 months, so extra costs 5k, so 5k-3k should be 2k right?

but they ask for the ~800 or so also you got your discounted ps plus @ 2200 for, so you have to pay 2k for extra and the 800 back what you got discounted

Now there are players who have stacked for like 4-5 months of PS plus discounted

So imagine they have to pay back the discounted amount over and above whatever the amount for extra.

asking back for discounts is absolutely haram.

I have built my PS games digital collection based on discounts only :fear:

except bloodborne.

Edited by PhantomShade

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Cause they are asking discounts back even from people who purchased PS plus year/years back . And have to payback all discounts at once now if they want to convert.  

Yeah great way to reward your loyalist's.

57 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Read my statement again. 

Indies like kena and Sifu make sense. 

Hades is not for casuals with a time crunch

Hades is not for casuals but Sifu is? 

where do these people even come from :rofl:

do you even know anything about these games other than their names? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Forget that . In few minutes he will explain why Sony is justified in asking for PS plus discounts back .:P

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

No. 

Sifu is an indie which has aa/aaa aesthetics. 

Also once you get into the groove, it becomes easier. 

2 things about Hades. First being it launched in 2020. So those who really wanted to, must have played it already. 

Ask members of legion, how many have actually finished Hades? 

7 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Forget that . In few minutes he will explain why Sony is justified in asking for PS plus discounts back .:P

One pony is already doing that :rofl: 

there should be limits to blind worshipping :giggle:

13 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Cause they are asking discounts back even from people who purchased PS plus year/years back . And have to payback all discounts at once now if they want to convert.  

Yeah great way to reward your loyalist's.

Also, I think, not so sure, but you have to upgrade for the no. of years you have PS plus so essentially if someone has 4-5 years of PS Plus then you need to upgrade for the entire duration paying the upgrade amt. + discount which you got. That is just crazy if true. 

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Also, I think, not so sure, but you have to upgrade for the no. of years you have PS plus so essentially if someone has 4-5 years of PS Plus then you need to upgrade for the entire duration paying the upgrade amt. + discount which you got. That is just crazy if true. 

@rushab oswal Get that 10k+ out for ps+ extra upgrade :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I have less than a year left, so don't think it'll affect me much, maybe few hundred rupees more. That reddit thread had one guy with 20years stacked :P

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

I have less than a year left, so don't think it'll affect me much, maybe few hundred rupees more. That reddit thread had one guy with 20years stacked :P

20 years! Damn! 

Just checked my profile, luckily I did not stack my subscription in the last sale and only have about 10 months left.

7 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yeah as of now you have to upgrade for entirety of your duration left. 

Actually when I was discussing this with @Overlord few days earlier i was sure about these things - Sony will charge for upgrade based on yearly difference only (not monthly) and that you will only be upgrade for entire remaining duration and not for a selected time .

Knowing Sony i was sure that they wouldn't put that kind of effort in managing Subs - like you have PS plus extra till 2023 and PS plus essential from 2023 to 2024 .

I can understand it for those who have years left on PS plus it's a huge bummer but i wouldn't call it Scummy .

But asking back discounts is a dick move. 

Just now, Krazyniks said:

Yeah as of now you have to upgrade for entirety of your duration left. 

Actually when I was discussing this with @Overlord few days earlier i was sure about these things - Sony will charge for upgrade based on yearly difference only (not monthly) and that you will only be upgrade for entire remaining duration and not for a selected time .

Knowing Sony i was sure that they wouldn't put that kind of effort in managing Subs - like you have PS plus extra till 2023 and PS plus essential from 2023 to 2024 .

I can understand it for those who have years left on PS plus it's a huge bummer but i wouldn't call it Scummy .

But asking back discounts is a dick move. 

Is the loophole - PS Plus cards at a discount ? Basically they wont know right if you got a PS Plus card at discount. Unfortunately, most of us have purchased it directly from the store so they know.