Microsoft FY19Q4 financial results

On 7/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, WhiteWolf said:

Forum activity is worst than Xbox one sales in India. So i decided to create this thread .

Should be renamed to IGC(Indian General Chatter).

On 7/21/2019 at 12:04 PM, WhiteWolf said:

Exclusives drive sales. No console in history achieved success without having true exclusives. Im just stating a fact. People are free to disagree they want but that's my opinion on it.

+1. Only time I came close to buying a MS console was because I really wanted to play Alan Wake. Then thought of waiting for it to come to PC and the moment passed. Even now, PS5 purchase is confirmed as I can't miss next GoW and Horizon...Scarlett depending on how those new acquired studios perform.

Edited by Bauji

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Should be renamed to IGC(Indian General Chatter).

+1. Only time I came close to buying a MS console was because I really wanted to play Alan Wake. Then thought of waiting for it to come to PC and the moment passed. Even now, PS5 purchase is confirmed as I can't miss next GoW and Horizon...Scarlett depending on how those new acquired studios perform.

Well, you can only discuss so much when there is absolutely no new announcements or trailers. Some materials needed to discuss man.

Also same opinion. X360 had some games that I seriously wanted to play, and made me jealous of the console (Had only PS3 and Wii last gen). This gen, I got the One X, and I'm useing it to play the 360 games I missed last gen + RDR2 (since it has stable frame-rate there), DMC 5 (Because why not) and Shenmue HD Collection and Shadow of Tomb Raider (First games I got with console). Absolutely no exclusives and no hype. Meanwhile I would definitely like to buy PS5 blindly without even waiting for new exclusives because I know Sony will deliver.

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Well, you can only discuss so much when there is absolutely no new announcements or trailers. Some materials needed to discuss man.

Was joking :) 

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

This gen, I got the One X, and I'm useing it to play the 360 games I missed last gen

Most probably will do the same next gen. Will buy the least expensive next gen MS console to play SO, Ori and Cuphead.

4 hours ago, Bauji said:

Most probably will do the same next gen. Will buy the least expensive next gen MS console to play SO, Ori and Cuphead.

Why not play all three of them on Steam? They go for very cheap (Rs 1500-1600 for all 3 games combined) and none of them have high system requirements, so any mid-range PC can easily max them out. Heck, I think all 3 of them are in Game Pass (Probably, not sure) so you can finish them off on PC for literally 50 Rs.

Really doubt that PlayStation would dominate the next gen like they did in this generation . 

PS5 would definitely outsell Xbox Scarlett for sure but not by the margin it has done now.  

Also Neither Sony nor Microsoft make any money on hardware . Majority of the times they sell consoles at cost to cost basis and sometimes even at loss.

( Sony sold PS3 at a loss for long periods of time and even PS4 during first year or so .)

Its the software and services which generate profitability for them . And Microsoft with it's game pass , Xbox live or game pass ultimate now ,  project xcloud ( few years down the line ) and hopefully better games with acquisition of new studios is in a decent position for next gen.  

Also they won't make the same blunder which they did at launch of Xbox one - requiring always on Internet to Launch games or put restrictions on playing used discs again .:D

Edited by Krazyniks

14 hours ago, roun90 said:

Why not play all three of them on Steam? They go for very cheap (Rs 1500-1600 for all 3 games combined) and none of them have high system requirements, so any mid-range PC can easily max them out. Heck, I think all 3 of them are in Game Pass (Probably, not sure) so you can finish them off on PC for literally 50 Rs.

Because like Sach4life mentioned not everyone is interested to play on PC. And its not about money, I just dnt feel like playing on it. Not sure what's changed as till about 2009 I was completely involved in PC MR c**tiyapa but now have completely lost interest in it.

PS: Personal preference, don't want to start console vs PC bullshit again.

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Because like Sach4life mentioned not everyone is interested to play on PC. And its not about money, I just dnt feel like playing on it. Not sure what's changed as till about 2009 I was completely involved in PC MR c**tiyapa but now have completely lost interest in it.

PS: Personal preference, don't want to start console vs PC bullshit again.

No PCMR BS and I agree it's up to your preference. Just stating that all 3 will most probably run on any half-decent PC. These are not games that require "PCMR Specs", so no need to spend an extra 40k for a new console, just for these. And believe me, these games are not in the category of "So-good that you can't miss at any cost and need to buy a new machine for" 

31 minutes ago, roun90 said:

And believe me, these games are not in the category of "So-good that you can't miss at any cost and need to buy a new machine for" 

Agree, otherwise would have already bought the machine. However, I can play these as well as whatever good MS exclusives come next gen. Seeing how this gen went, good "console" exclusives should be one of their main focus next gen I suppose. Really interested to see what "The Initiative" does. Quite a few people who had worked earlier on GoW and Uncharted have joined them.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, Krazyniks said:

Really doubt that PlayStation would dominate the next gen like they did in this generation . 

PS5 would definitely outsell Xbox Scarlett for sure but not by the margin it has done now.  

Also Neither Sony nor Microsoft make any money on hardware . Majority of the times they sell consoles at cost to cost basis and sometimes even at loss.

( Sony sold PS3 at a loss for long periods of time and even PS4 during first year or so .)

Its the software and services which generate profitability for them . And Microsoft with it's game pass , Xbox live or game pass ultimate now ,  project xcloud ( few years down the line ) and hopefully better games with acquisition of new studios is in a decent position for next gen.  

Also they won't make the same blunder which they did at launch of Xbox one - requiring always on Internet to Launch games or put restrictions on playing used discs again .:D

PS5 has won the next gen already. MS aint even serious selling their console. Its just there for the sake of it. 

MS Console is Priority no. 2 in the console list. With the exclusives PS5 has, no one will be willing to miss it. 

21 minutes ago, hope said:

PS5 has won the next gen already. MS aint even serious selling their console. Its just there for the sake of it. 

MS Console is Priority no. 2 in the console list. With the exclusives PS5 has, no one will be willing to miss it. 

Yeah PS5 should and most likely will dominate the next gen as well but not by the margin it has done now.  

The money lies in software sales and subscriptions in which Microsoft isn't doing that bad .

Also if their newly acquired studios come up with few great games then it Microsoft would definitely do much better in the next gen .

• 5 weeks later...