Need For Speed Heat

SRINI87

• 2 months later...

Criterion will develop the next Need for Speed game, Ghost Games will refocus as an engineering hub

As EA stated:

“With a strong history and passion for racing games and vision for what we can create, the Criterion team is going to take Need for Speed into the next-generation.”

src:https://www.dsogaming.com/news/criterion-will-develop-the-next-need-for-speed-game-ghost-games-will-refocus-as-an-engineering-hub/

• 3 months later...

Additionally:

"On June 16, NFS Heat drops into the EA Access and Origin Access Basic Vault, giving all subscribers the opportunity to cruise around Palm City."

I just hope the next NFS game is the one we've been waiting years for.

4 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I just hope the next NFS game is the one we've been waiting years for.

Which is what exactly? MW? Those days are long long gone. People need to move on too. 

NFS games are still fun but quality is gone. Now it is meme area where you just play for nostalgia and done with it.

Plus, not all recent NFS games were bad. They are just often overlooked because of the name. The Run, MW 12, Rivals were good. Didn't like 2015. Payback had some fun F&F moments but otherwise meh. Heat was bit disappointing.

Forza Horizon is what you want now. They are very well made and oozes quality. NFS games don't even run well despite looking nowhere near good as Forza. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Which is what exactly? MW?

Forza Horizon is what you want now. They are very well made and oozes quality. NFS games don't even run well despite looking nowhere near good as Forza. 

Hehe guess you answered it for me. Awaiting Forza rip-off in classic 2013 NFS style.

Honestly it wasn't just MW. I had a lot of fun on Hot Pursuit and Shift and Carbon too :) Not just NFS, I remember Burnout Legends and Burnout Dominator being crazy fun too. And Asphalt 8, in more recent times.

I don't know honestly. If other franchises (read: Forza) can do it, I hope NFS can too. Not likely though.

I'm not really pick. Since its a racing game, a bunch of different gorgeous scenic tracks, good library of car choices and mods, fun race modes to play (just copy Asphalt 8 on this one) and solid music.

Its not that much if one really thinks about it.

14 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Hehe guess you answered it for me. Awaiting Forza rip-off in classic 2013 NFS style.

Honestly it wasn't just MW. I had a lot of fun on Hot Pursuit and Shift and Carbon too :) Not just NFS, I remember Burnout Legends and Burnout Dominator being crazy fun too. And Asphalt 8, in more recent times.

Carbon is and always be my favorite NFS game. Underground and MW come after that. I didn't like Shift much. As for Burnout, Paradise was enough for me. I don't think EA will push Burnout while NFS is still around as it is more popular. 

I don't know honestly. If other franchises (read: Forza) can do it, I hope NFS can too. Not likely though.

Horizon is not even a decade old. Just 8 years and 4 games. Next Horizon game should be coming this year if they keep up with 2 year cycle. 

Don't care about Motorsport series. Horizon is so much better and there are better sim racers over Motorsport. 

People expect too much from NFS. Those days are gone and NFS isn't system seller anymore. They aren't going to make massive improvement (over Forza Horizon). It is just riding on nostalgia name factor now. I'll keep playing as they are part of EA access but no way am paying full price for it anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Carbon is and always be my favorite NFS game. Underground and MW come after that. I didn't like Shift much. As for Burnout, Paradise was enough for me. I don't think EA will push Burnout while NFS is still around as it is more popular. 

Horizon is not even a decade old. Just 8 years and 4 games. Next Horizon game should be coming this year if they keep up with 2 year cycle. 

Don't care about Motorsport series. Horizon is so much better and there are better sim racers over Motorsport. 

People expect too much from NFS. Those days are gone and NFS isn't system seller anymore. They aren't going to make massive improvement (over Forza Horizon). It is just riding on nostalgia name factor now. I'll keep playing as they are part of EA access but no way am paying full price for it anymore. 

I didn't play Burnout Paradise. I enjoyed the heck out of other Burnout games though, but NFS will always be up there.

I'm not into sims either, but if you're right then I assume the Series X will have the new Horizon game at launch. Forza Horizon is what makes me wanna get both systems this time around.

It it sad in a way, but I hope NFS finds a way to turn it around. Its just the NFS name that has the series going right now. 

1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

I didn't play Burnout Paradise. I enjoyed the heck out of other Burnout games though, but NFS will always be up there.

I'm not into sims either, but if you're right then I assume the Series X will have the new Horizon game at launch. Forza Horizon is what makes me wanna get both systems this time around.

Paradise was fun. I enjoyed it a lot. Very dated now though but playable - at least the remastered version. 

Am really hoping for Horizon 5 this year but I think Motorsport will come first and next year we will get Horizon. 

It it sad in a way, but I hope NFS finds a way to turn it around. Its just the NFS name that has the series going right now. 

It is. ? 

this will be the final update for Need for Speed Heat.

Not even supported for a year. Just 6 months. Total RIP. 

Carbon was badass, I made my XBL gamertag while playing that game which stuck till today :P The 1v1 boss battles were some of the best in the series.

Been playing Heat for last 3 days and its a big step up from Payback. The only thing I hate is how they changed the way you initiate drift. Other than that its been pretty good.

22 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

About Burnout, it baffles me why EA isn't making remasters of Takedown and Revenge.

Nah, I want Burnout Legends and Dominator. I didnt play Takedown myself, but I like these 2 Burnout games a lot more.

I wish they'd do a proper remake though, update the game in the right areas.

39 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Nah, I want Burnout Legends and Dominator. I didnt play Takedown myself, but I like these 2 Burnout games a lot more.

I wish they'd do a proper remake though, update the game in the right areas.

Revenge and Takedown are far better than Legends and Dominator. 

On 6/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, adity said:

Hot pursuit reboot was so much fun. Most wanted was ok but wasn't badass like hot pursuit. Cars had a lot more weight in hot pursuit and gadgets were very fun. Most wanted reboot and rivals was very floaty and cars didn't feel very good. 

+1 it was so much fun. Had preordered it on the ps3 and the freebie t shirt too was so awesome :bigyellowgrin:

The online mode was so much fun. So many of us on ivg had played it together. Wish they make their next game very similar to NSFHP 2010.

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Revenge and Takedown are far better than Legends and Dominator. 

They should remaster that.....never owned a ps2 , so didnt play it. Did play Dominator on psp and loved every moment