Need For Speed Heat

SRINI87

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

This was it...

Get behind the wheel of iconic cars with Need for Speed™ on Steam! Rediscover the best of Need for Speed as the legendary action-racer franchise speeds onto the platform with five titles in June: Need for Speed™ Most Wanted (2012), Need for Speed™ Rivals, Need for Speed™ (2016), Need for Speed™ Payback, and Need for Speed™ Heat.

:rofl: knew it..... these idiots are just trolling big time

On 6/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, SRINI87 said:

But Dat criterion NFS clip :o

not sure its gonna look like that in final game

BFAGbBS.gif

Show this clip to a random person and they will think these cars are in real life. So excited Criterion Games is back! 

24 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Guys, a little help here. Does this game support split screen? In the psn store they do mention offline 2 - 16 players, which generally means couch co op of some sort. 

No split screen. 2-16 is just online racing. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There's a new mod out for this game that makes it look f**king gorgeous!

Tested it out today. The framerate does take a hit during night races (mostly at the beginning when all the racers are on screen) but it's otherwise quite playable. 

Daytime looks much much better now too compared to the washed out look that the vanilla version had. Would definitely recommend checking it out. There's an optional mod to overhaul the driving as well.

Ohh and the game itself is quite a fun arcade racer once you've unlocked better cars and upgrades. It didn't give off a very good impression back when it came out, but it has won me over now. Its sense of speed is quite incredible too and even rivals that of the Burnout games at times.

Uploaded a couple of my own videos and as always, YT compression has done quite a number on them. Well, here they are anyway :|

Edited by STICK3Rboy

• 3 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, SRINI87 said:

Nostalgic

Dude don't get my hopes up, i was already racing in my head with riders of the storm playing in the back of my mind.

It's been 15 years since carbon, scum EA won't give us the NFS we want AKA, NFS U2+NFS MW 2005+NFS Carbon. Fukers even killed burnout, i don't know what half assery EA operate on, but trailers like these make me cry tears of despair, with the pandemic going on and no certainty of existence idk if they ever give us fans the NFS we want and deserve for staying loyal for all these years.

After playing forza horizon 5, i just went back and played heat today, feels so good to be released from the shackle of fakecade elegant driving, fuk driving lines i wanna skid off a wall to turn or better yet smash off an opponent, take the turn and still retail the car perfectly in line to continue driving. If it wasn't for crap NOS system in heat I'd be playing this over any simcade shiz

Forza horizon has completely ruined what is considered arcade racing with it's Simcade sh*t.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

After playing forza horizon 5, i just went back and played heat today, feels so good to be released from the shackle of fakecade elegant driving, fuk driving lines i wanna skid off a wall to turn or better yet smash off an opponent, take the turn and still retail the car perfectly in line to continue driving. If it wasn't for crap NOS system in heat I'd be playing this over any simcade shiz

Forza horizon has completely ruined what is considered arcade racing with it's Simcade sh*t.

Forza is fun, man!!!

Forza is fun, man!!!
I play it as well but don't like the brand of driving they have. Open roads are wasted by driving like a F1 driver. MS calls horizon arcade, ign and other sites call i TV simcade. Grid a fellow simcade never had the influence to ruin an entire by heavily influencing the audience. Casual audiences don't care how they drive.

To them arcade is not having to drive on F1 or heavily conjusted tracks like in Grid or PGR.

But forza influences other racers to have this drive responsibly model. Even in heat if you go off road into grass etc your car drastically loses speed.

That is not what NFS is such useless changes were added to please forza fans playing NFS.

In an arcade racer why do i have to lose speed on grass i can understand if that happened to going full off road but if i am racing on a normal track and i have the option kf going straight over grass instead of taking a awkward turn then I'd do the NFS way and go over grass.

But in heat not only do i lose speed i also lose 2-3 places if opponent were tailing me. And catching up is a chore as you have to drive like forza without doing any arcade handling stuff.

Forza maybe fun man but it ain't a glorious arcade racer like the gems we had till 2010. Once that frwaking horizon game came along in 2012 it was game over for arcade racers.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Ohk, I get it...you are missing the old arcade fun from NFS games.

But with huge success of Forza Horizon 5 i.e. 10 million players in a week, you never know...future NFS might take the same route too.

Enways, let's play what we enjoy the most :)

Edited by Animus

On 11/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, Animus said:

Ohk, I get it...you are missing the old arcade fun from NFS games.

But with huge success of Forza Horizon 5 i.e. 10 million players in a week, you never know...future NFS might take the same route too.

Enways, let's play what we enjoy the most :)

Yeah man i'm enjoying forza, but i'm not blaming it, i blame these other devs for copying it, one forza horizion simcade series was enough.

Do you know how bad they tried to emoulate forza in heat, not only driving over grass but if you hit those rubbery barricade like things on the side of track that get easily knocked out during a turn. Well they drastically reduce your speed, something i don't think forza penalizes you for.

This was a unnecessary add on to NFS, arcade racers are designed to destroy objects and not lose speed. If the next NFS pulls such idiocy then it might even shelve the series completely. NFS is arcade fun, cars don't need to perform like a real car, even real cop chases don't have helis dropping bombs like they do in hot pursuit.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Need for Speed 2022 Won’t be Cross-Gen – Rumour

The next Need for Speed game – currently in development at Criterion Games – was originally due out in 2021, but after its delay so that Criterion could help DICE with Battlefield 2042’s development, EA set a rough launch window for the game, confirming that it would release within the fiscal year ending April 2023.

Past leaks have indicated that the game could launch in September or October this year, but freshly emerging details suggest that the game could launch slightly later than that. During a recent episode of his Giant Bomb show GrubbSnax, journalist Jeff Grubb said that the next Need for Speed title is still targeting a 2022 launch and should be out in November. Interestingly, Grubb also added that the game has dropped PS4 and Xbox One versions, and will now only be launching for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.

https://gamingbolt.com/need-for-speed-2022-wont-be-cross-gen-rumour

33 minutes ago, SRINI87 said:

Need for Speed 2022 Won’t be Cross-Gen – Rumour

The next Need for Speed game – currently in development at Criterion Games – was originally due out in 2021, but after its delay so that Criterion could help DICE with Battlefield 2042’s development, EA set a rough launch window for the game, confirming that it would release within the fiscal year ending April 2023.

Past leaks have indicated that the game could launch in September or October this year, but freshly emerging details suggest that the game could launch slightly later than that. During a recent episode of his Giant Bomb show GrubbSnax, journalist Jeff Grubb said that the next Need for Speed title is still targeting a 2022 launch and should be out in November. Interestingly, Grubb also added that the game has dropped PS4 and Xbox One versions, and will now only be launching for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.

https://gamingbolt.com/need-for-speed-2022-wont-be-cross-gen-rumour

PS5/XSX have sold enough to justify this move. The NFS quality is another story though.

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

PS5/XSX have sold enough to justify this move. The NFS quality is another story though.

Worth it! Last gen versions are holding proper next-gen games :fear:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Couldn't find the NFS: Payback thread, so posting this here.

This mod is another addition to the UNITE family of mods for Need for Speed games. Coming up as the third in the collection, Need for Speed Payback, gets the UNITE treatment at last. Below is the list of things changed.

//CUSTOMIZATION

- As a standard of all UNITE mods, you now have the ability to remove parts on cars such as, hoods, front and taillights, spoilers, wing mirrors and bumpers. This comes with unrestricted customization, where you can apply mismatching parts together.

- Set of hidden or unused items such as additional calipers and tirebombs are now available.

- More license plates along with license plate frames are now available to pick and choose.

- (Add-on) Extended Stance Tuning allows you to customize the way your car looks by adjusting height, camber and track widths to new levels.

- Some of the cars have been equipped with improved custom taillights: RX7, NSX, R32, R34. as well as some other cars have received clear taillight options. 

- The hidden KM4SH kit has been added to the BRZ, as well as other hidden parts for other cars.

//UPGRADE SYSTEM

- The upgrade system is no longer randomized, you have all the parts available to you adjusted to your car's current level. With this improvement come enhanced catch-up packs as well as conversion kits, which convert your car to any class you wish, race, drag, drift, off-road or speedx. 

//VISUALS

- Improved overall lighting, distant fog and draw distance. 

- Higher quality textures, particularly garage and road textures.

- Dynamic shadows casted by street lights at night.

- More true-to-life nighttime. 

- Better car reflections.

- (Add-on) 4K liveries for cars, improving the over quality of wraps.

- Payback Beta inspired speedometer.

- New garage wall art.

- New, more immersive city and billboard adverts.

- Replaced some of the stickers withing the game to manufacturer brands and other related textures.

//SOUND

- New sounds for the following cars: 
- Aston Martin DB11 (MW12 Sound)
- BMW M3 E46 (MW12 Sound)
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (MW12 Sound)
- Dodge Charger (MW12 Sound)
- Lamborghini Aventador (MW12 Sound)
- Lamborghini Huracan (Heat Sound)
- Nissan 180SX (ProStreet Sound)
- Nissan 350Z ( Prostreet Sound)
- Nissan GTR (MW12 Sound)
- Nissian Silvia (GRID 2 Sound)
- Nissan Skyline R34 (GRID 2 Sound)

- Enhanced immersive wind sounds.

- Enhanced braking sounds.

- Improved and louder turbo sounds.

//HANDLING (ADD-ON)

The Handling Overhaul has come to deliver a brand new experience to Payback, revamping aspects of the game that aren't just the handling.When starting a new game please chose either normal or easy difficulty.

Car Classes:

Car classes are now a lot more unique compared to how they were in vanilla Payback.

Race: Tuned to perfection for racing tarmac, huge grip and improved braking so you don't have to put all your perks into brakes.

Offroad: Changes to offroad physics such as the removed speed limiter and the engaging driving style gives this class a much needed overhaul.

Drift: Removed the scripted drifting physics in favor of a semi-realistic drifting style, scoring huge scores is very much possible but only if you have the skills for it.

Drag: They now feature nearly double the power of any other car class, they got neck breaking acceleration and incredible top speed, at the cost of handling.

Runner: Simillar to the race class but heavier in order to combat the thugs and police you'll encounter on your way.

SpeedX: Hybrid of the drift and offroad class, capable of withstanding big jumps and getting huge drift angle.

Camera Changes:

Tweaks to the camera were done to improve the dull sense of speed that vanilla Payback has.

AI Tweaks:

The AI has been tweaked in order to work with the new physics, they get progressively more diffcult as the game progresses making your playthrough much more engaging the further you go.

Changes to the shop:

We completely overhauled the shop, added a lot more parts to the shop, stock parts were removed so only branded parts apear and parts with 3 perks are now avaible to buy.
Since you'll be purchasing more speedcards than before, we've also reduced their cost.

//POLICE

- Enhanced police AI.

- Improved roadblock positions.

//MISC

- Enabled teleporting to any event on the map.

- New loading screens.

- New intro and splash screen.

Guess it's time to fire up Payback.

Edited by STICK3Rboy