These damn rains, Vol 4

Big Boss

33 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Don't blame mother nature blame those corrupt BMC and ppl who run BMC.

This probably more than anything else. The rampant half assed "development".

On a different note it's rained continuously for the last 24 hrs here in Goa and it's freaking beautiful :wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walker said:

This probably more than anything else. The rampant half assed "development".

On a different note it's rained continuously for the last 24 hrs here in Goa and it's freaking beautiful :wub:

Dude I might visit Goa on independence day weekend. Is it a good idea to visit then?

22 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Dude I might visit Goa on independence day weekend. Is it a good idea to visit then?

It is always safe to not travel in this weather?. We can be sure at least one or two roads will collapse. There is also the risk of disease.

On a serious note, If you witnessed the stuff that happened in Kerala last year you will never travel in this weather. The speed at which water fills up in our unplanned roads is astonishing. My dad just got out when the rains started and in 10 mins he was almost stranded in hip deep water. Thank god the rains receded for a few hours in our area  and he was able to return safely.

Edited by kmkaks

10 hours ago, Big Boss said:

For the beauty? yes.

I anticipate crowds that weekend, because I found it hard to find a stay for myself and the rest of the family. If you find a place in South Goa along the Colva-Benaulim-Betalbatim stretch it will be relatively quieter since most of the noisier crowd ends up in North Goa.

Either way wherever you end up it should be fun. If you have a car when you're here, your life will be sorted. Avoid the cities of Panjim and Margao, the traffic situation because of the poor road condition is horrible. I'd say don't even think about drinking and driving but then you don't drink so there's no problem there :D

• Like 1

Thanks for information. I have booked a hotel in Calangute already. I won't have a car, planning to use the bike rentals. Also planning for Dudhsagar waterfall. Hopefully will get cabs etc to go there.

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Thanks for information. I have booked a hotel in Calangute already. I won't have a car, planning to use the bike rentals. Also planning for Dudhsagar waterfall. Hopefully will get cabs etc to go there.

Cabs might be expensive, but ask your hotel for the rates (they normally have cabbies who they have on standby) and check with some cabbies away from the hotel area. Rates are a free for all so bargain as much as possible. Check the self drive options if you're comfortable driving. The drive towards Dudhsagar is beautiful.

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Calangute is one of the dirtiest and most crowded beach in Goa. Head to South Goa. Live peacefully. 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

This. I recommend palolim. Really clean peaceful beach.

Turtle Beach. And a hut at Cassoi by Ciarans. They have a great romantic setup, quite lights, no loud music policy. Not to mention heavenly food. Most blissful holiday ever. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

• 11 months later...

Couple of days back was supposed to head to Panaji but decided to turn back as the road under contruction ahead would be hell to navigate. Also good to drive after quite some time. Enjoy :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Loving the rains this time. Rains experienced while sitting at home is lovely. :D 

Better than sitting in the fking office looking at 2 people fighting in an email chain

155.jpg

Indeed i also used to be all /comfy/ n sheeit in the rains, now from last year my terrace balcony fills up and the water comes in my room when it rains heavily for an hour or so, so i have to go out and throw buckets of rain water out.

Now i have PTSD from the sound of rains, and possibly toe infection