Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered

Heaven Angel

• 2 years later...

I'm actually planning to try this out after I'm done with Iki expansion of Ghost of Tsushima. It's either this or Immortals Feynx Rising. Need a light and fund game to play after the doom and gloom setting of Tsushima. 

I had started this back on PS3, but never got to deep into it as I didn't take the time to understand the combat mechanics. Now that I've played Like a Dragon, I think I somewhat understand how the turn-based system functions. Hope this isn't too complex later on. 

5 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Excellent characters and story. Also exploration is pretty good.

But held back by ok combat and enemy level jumps. If you decide to play it, make sure to level up at every opportunity.

There's literally a 'pokemon' who gives you insane experience points if you beat them lol. You can farm them as long as you want after the world really opens up.

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I'm actually planning to try this out after I'm done with Iki expansion of Ghost of Tsushima. It's either this or Immortals Feynx Rising. Need a light and fund game to play after the doom and gloom setting of Tsushima. 

I had started this back on PS3, but never got to deep into it as I didn't take the time to understand the combat mechanics. Now that I've played Like a Dragon, I think I somewhat understand how the turn-based system functions. Hope this isn't too complex later on. 

Literally a kids game bruh.

14 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Go ahead!! This is one of the most emotional stories in gaming. If you like Studio Ghibli Anime movies - you will love this. It's a game full of heart, about a small boy whose trying to get over the death of his mother. It was one of my most favorite games on the PS3 period. It's also really beautiful because of the art style.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Go ahead!! This is one of the most emotional stories in gaming. If you like Studio Ghibli Anime movies - you will love this. It's a game full of heart, about a small boy whose trying to get over the death of his mother. It was one of my most favorite games on the PS3 period. It's also really beautiful because of the art style.

Thanks! I got it installed last night and runs perfectly on the Series X. I'm not an anime fan, but will definitely try it out for the story. The English VA is really good on this one. 

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Spoilers smh

14 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Spoilers smh

Not really. It's right at the beginning of the game. What would be a spoiler is -

Spoiler

The entire journey is literally only a metaphor for Oliver overcoming his mother's death. There is a very definite possibility that there was no magical journey or "Other World" at all and everything was sim going on in Oliver's head as various stages of grief.

5 hours ago, roun90 said:

Not really. It's right at the beginning of the game. What would be a spoiler is -

Reveal hidden contents

The entire journey is literally only a metaphor for Oliver overcoming his mother's death. There is a very definite possibility that there was no magical journey or "Other World" at all and everything was sim going on in Oliver's head as various stages of grief.

What bullshit. According to your logic, (TLOU SPOILERS!!!)

Spoiler

Joel dying in TLOU2 wouldn't be a spoiler either since it happens in the beginning of the game.

Also, that's just a stupid fan theory with no basis. Not a spoiler lmfao.

Edited by Kumar123

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

What bullshit. According to your logic, (TLOU SPOILERS!!!)

Reveal hidden contents

Joel dying in TLOU2 wouldn't be a spoiler either since it happens in the beginning of the game.

Also, that's just a stupid fan theory with no basis. Not a spoiler lmfao.

Wrong. Regarding TLOU

Spoiler

Joel dying would have been a spoiler because it would automatically say he survived TLOU1

As far as Ni No Kuni is concerned -

Forget the beginning, even the game trailers revealed that Oliver's mother dies in the beginning. Now do you want to tell me even pre-launch promotional materials are spoilers?

And before you say TLOU 2

Spoiler

Devs would assume those who are playing TLOU 2 are familiar with TLOU 1 since it's a direct continuation. So they didn't mind that bit getting spoiled. It's not a spoiler for TLOU2 at all. It's a spoiler for TLOU 1.

Regarding the theory -

Spoiler

It was very plausible, probable in fact. But we now know it's not true simply because Ni No Kuni 2 exists. It was a very fine question in fact. Heck, if you paid attention and heard the song that plays at the very end of the game - it in fact very heavily implies that the theory is correct and shows the various stages Oliver has gone through. It's what makes the game a master-piece in fact, because taken alone - the game could have gone any-which-ways.

59 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Wrong. Regarding TLOU

Hide contents

Joel dying would have been a spoiler because it would automatically say he survived TLOU1

Bruhhhh

As far as Ni No Kuni is concerned -

Forget the beginning, even the game trailers revealed that Oliver's mother dies in the beginning. Now do you want to tell me even pre-launch promotional materials are spoilers?

Ah yes, because the marketing guys can do no wrong and are always famously in sync with the creatives. Not to mention that these days, trailer analysts on youtube can probably figure out the whole plot of a movie or a game just from a 2 minute trailer.

And before you say TLOU 2

Hide contents

Devs would assume those who are playing TLOU 2 are familiar with TLOU 1 since it's a direct continuation. So they didn't mind that bit getting spoiled. It's not a spoiler for TLOU2 at all. It's a spoiler for TLOU 1.

Spoiler

Kek. I have nothing to say to this lol. You think Joel dying isn't a spoiler for TLOU2 even though the devs went through a lot of effort to make a fake trailer featuring him and Ellie. :blink:

Regarding the theory -

Hide contents

It was very plausible, probable in fact. But we now know it's not true simply because Ni No Kuni 2 exists. It was a very fine question in fact. Heck, if you paid attention and heard the song that plays at the very end of the game - it in fact very heavily implies that the theory is correct and shows the various stages Oliver has gone through. It's what makes the game a master-piece in fact, because taken alone - the game could have gone any-which-ways.

No it isn't. I guess it was a mistake to start this conversation with you since you seem to have wildly different definitions for what spoilers actually are compared to most people.

Edited by Kumar123

@Kumar123

As for your point #2 -

Spoiler

I will grant that you're right. I had forgotten the fake trailer. So it was a spoiler for both games. Devs themselves did not want it spoiled. Yup, you're 100% right here. My bad!!

But regarding these -

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Ah yes, because the marketing guys can do no wrong and are always famously in sync with the creatives. Not to mention that these days, trailer analysts on youtube can probably figure out the whole plot of a movie or a game just from a 2 minute trailer.

No it isn't. I guess it was a mistake to start this conversation with you since you seem to have wildly different definitions for what spoilers actually are compared to most people.

Absolutely cannot agree

It's not like companies have strict NDAs in place right? Marketing will get it always get it wrong right from Trailer #1. The very first reveal that's done on major shows like E3/Gamescom/TGS generally by company higher ups are wrong. It's a conflict between Creatives and Marketing - Got it :roflroll:

Spoilers are always determined by what devs officially reveal. There are 100s of Creatives and Marketing. It's not up to us to know "What creatives want" or "What disputes are there". What's officially released as promotional material - is not spoilers at all. Anything beyond that - it's your personal spoilers. You might avoid all media - to "Avoid Spoilers", but in the wider community these will not be considered spoilers at all.

Anyway can we agree end this discussion here? I think we are veering way off topic.

Edited by roun90

13 hours ago, roun90 said:

It's not like companies have strict NDAs in place right? Marketing will get it always get it wrong right from Trailer #1. The very first reveal that's done on major shows like E3/Gamescom/TGS generally by company higher ups are wrong. It's a conflict between Creatives and Marketing - Got it :roflroll:

NDAs are for employees. Marketing guys will usually have to go through everything to choose what is shown in the ads. NDAs cannot stop them from showing what they think would be apt for the promotional material lol. Also, while I agree that some companies are careful about what they show in their first trailers, that's only true in the case of the biggest AAA games or the most hyped sequel games like GOW:R or TLOU2. When handling a new IP from a Japanese studio, who are notorious for giving away spoilers, the marketing dept. has no reason to be so careful with what they show in the trailers. Their primary goal would just be to show the best parts of the game so that people would be interested in buying it.

Spoilers are always determined by what devs officially reveal. There are 100s of Creatives and Marketing. It's not up to us to know "What creatives want" or "What disputes are there". What's officially released as promotional material - is not spoilers at all. Anything beyond that - it's your personal spoilers. You might avoid all media - to "Avoid Spoilers", but in the wider community these will not be considered spoilers at all.

So, you agree that there can be disputes between them which can result in spoilery advertising. Also, as a general rule of thumb, I think it's better to consider deaths of characters as spoilers regardless of whether they're revealed in the promos or not.

Anyway can we agree end this discussion here? I think we are veering way off topic.

I don't think so.

Edited by Kumar123

I don't think so.

Ok then. After this, I thought you would agree -

NDAs are for employees. Marketing guys will usually have to go through everything to choose what is shown in the ads. NDAs cannot stop them from showing what they think would be apt for the promotional material lol. Also, while I agree that some companies are careful about what they show in their first trailers, that's only true in the case of the biggest AAA games or the most hyped sequel games like GOW:R or TLOU2. When handling a new IP from a Japanese studio, who are notorious for giving away spoilers, the marketing dept. has no reason to be so careful with what they show in the trailers. Their primary goal would just be to show the best parts of the game so that people would be interested in buying it.

Now you're doing blatant mis-information -

1) Marketing Are Employees. They answer to the same boss as the Creatives do and get their salary from the same source. NDAs applies to them the same. Heck, most of the time, they themselves decide the NDAs, along with help from Creatives and maybe even the top (With Legal to enforce it)

2) NDAs are applicable to non-employees as well. Why do you think we have a flood of reviews after a certain cut-off date? You think Reviewers are also Employees? Some companies can even enforce NDAs beyond release. For example, in Persona 5 - they literally stopped all streamers from displaying beyond a certain chapter for some months post release. They simply got all videos and streams taken down from YT/Twitch. This NDA was stated in the T&C before playing the game - and streaming platforms endorsed it completely.

So, you agree that there can be disputes between them which can result in spoilery advertising.

There was no dispute period (TLOU2 Case). The company as a whole decided it was spoiler and decided to hide it. Marketing were the ones who released the fake trailer in case you forgot.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I think it's better to consider deaths of characters as spoilers regardless of whether they're revealed in the promos or not.

That is your problem. Don't try to enforce your opinion on others. It's "Your Rule of Thumb". In general, it's not. What's displayed officially is fair game always.

Edited by roun90