Remnant: From the Ashes

puns

6bf7c8b27b4c0840c0bd6da0e7443a1815549220

Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person survival action shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by monstrous creatures. As one of the last remnants of humanity, you'll set out alone or alongside up to two other players to face down hordes of deadly enemies and epic bosses, and try to carve a foothold, rebuild, and then retake what was lost.

Release: August 20 to PC, PS4, and Xbox One

Its like an interesting Division - Dark Souls - Diablo mix. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Heard it is wait for a sale material. Plays mediocre, poor level design, no communication option in co-op/online (not even emote), lacking progression, etc,.

That makes me feel a little better (weirdly enough :P)

I had it in my cart and I was ready to pull the trigger if the first impressions were good enough. But they increased the price overnight and it looks like the game isn't all that great either.

I'll pick up Ion Fury now :bigyellowgrin:

Played for 4 hours from my friends account in offline mode. 

Okay graphics, good controls and so far I am enjoying it. Really liking the combat so far this coming from a guy who doesn't like stamina based combat games.

First main boss beat the sh*t out of me. I found it really challenging and oddly satisfying.  

Give it a try if you like Demon Souls like games. 

The only thing I am not liking so far is level design.

• Like 1

So the procedurally-generated levels are just copies of each other with slight variations which sucks but its becomes easy to navigate since you know where to go. First giant main boss wiped the floor with me, don't even remember how many times I died in that section alone, damn this game is difficult. Even the character in game cheers and hoots after main boss fight like we do after completing it. 

Reviews:

OpenCritic: 79 | 80% recommended

• Brilliantly crafted boss encounters, challenging enemies, immersive environments – Remnant: From the Ashes has everything you could want from a Souls-inspired game and more.
  • Remnant: From the Ashes finds a nice balance of emulating the Soulsborne games while retaining what makes a great third-person shooter, all set in an Action RPG world. Possessing a nice amount of combat, interesting gaming world mechanics, and a healthy amount of replay value. This is a must-play sleeper of 2019.
  • Remnant turned out to be an amazing achievement and a game that can proudly stand as a great Souls-like, despite having its own identity and focus. Everything about it works almost flawlessly, from its combat mechanics to the way that the procedurally generated world offers fresh trials without feeling hastily stitched together. If there is one challenge that you need this year, that challenge is fighting the Root in Remnant: From the Ashes.
  • All in all, Remnant is an excellent game and definitely hits on both of our "MUST BUY" lists. Other than a bit of input lag on commands there really isn't anything we can complain about, which is pretty damned rare for the both of us, since the years have made us both bitter and picky when it comes to games. If you have the money, and you have access to a platform that will support it, you should be playing it. NOW.
  • If you like loot shooters and some of the core systems from the Souls games, Remnant: From the Ashes shouldn't disappoint.
  • Remnant: From the Ashes is a surprisingly good combination of Gears of War-like third-person shooting with Souls-like difficulty.
  • All in all, Remnant: From the Ashes is a solid attempt at changing up the Soulsborne formula. It doesn't quite hit the same marks that make From Software's franchise so delightful, but it has its own strengths. Co-op is a lot of fun, and having a game genuinely built around it is a welcome change from phantoms and the ilk. Remnant is at its strongest when you're playing with other people and working together to take on huge Root monsters or figure out the answer to a riddle. If you're looking for a co-op based Souls game, then Remnant is worth a look.
  • Remnant: From the Ashes is an interesting mashup of genres, ultimately creating an experience that can stand alongside even the best Soulslikes
  • Remnant: From the Ashes is a co-op action-RPG that's punishing and grotesque, but exciting and beautiful all at the same time. Despite the occasional difficulty spikes and slightly disappointing gear system, the thrill of finally beating a boss that's had your number for hours is unmatched.
  • My time with Remnant was a total roller-coaster. There were moments of pure, unfiltered rage, peaks of elation, ah-ha moments, and quiet zen grinds. For the most part though, it’s just a steady climb.
  • Remnant: From the Ashes boasts a beautifully realized world with awesome enemy design and top-notch gunplay. There's plenty of customization and incentive to go back for more. Unfortunately, the experience is ruined a bit by repetitive boss battles and lacking social features.

Only if they had spent few more months on co-op communication, some more polishing, extra assets to levels generated, better progression, and it could have been amazing.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:03 PM, Black_Hawk said:

Anyone else playing this?

I started yesterday. The combat so far feels solid. Haven't progressed too far at all but hoping to get some good time in over the weekend with this.

Been playing this a while now with a friend. We're having a great time.

Was getting extremely frustrated with some of the the boss fights, till we learnt to just ignore the adds and go ham on the f**king bosses. 

• Like 1