Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Just now, Playstationdude said:

I don't think you are issued a CC without income proof anyway. You could try for an add on card on your dad's though.

Yeah so thats the same bank so no advantages wrt to online deals.

Ive never had the need for one, so should I still get an add-on card?

2 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah so thats the same bank so no advantages wrt to online deals.

Ive never had the need for one, so should I still get an add-on card?

Not really necessary to be honest. You can always use your dad's card for online deals.

HDFC debit cards can anyway be used for international payments, so CC is not really necesaary.

Edited by Playstationdude

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Mine is 100% free, probably becaue of me being employee of Capgemini. Alternatively, if they put a membership charge call and tell them to cancel the card. If you are using it regularly and never defaulted, they will waive off the yearly charge anyway. 

Spoke to them, Zero fees on Regalia but they said something about needing to open a reference account. Will speak to the RM again tomorrow to understand what it entails. Thanks

18 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Spoke to them, Zero fees on Regalia but they said something about needing to open a reference account. Will speak to the RM again tomorrow to understand what it entails. Thanks

Let us know too, for regalia they're telling me that I need to link some utility bill in order to get it for free.

17 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

Let us know too, for regalia they're telling me that I need to link some utility bill in order to get it for free.

Link the broadband. 

36 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Link the broadband. 

I might shift soon, that means I'll have to link something else. PITA really.

bankbazaar says lifetime free regalia first if I open a bank account, do they actually have different terms and conditions?

16 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

I might shift soon, that means I'll have to link something else. PITA really.

bankbazaar says lifetime free regalia first if I open a bank account, do they actually have different terms and conditions?

This is troubling me too. I already have a bank account and my RM says that I need to attach a bill while the terms and conditions says that transaction should be >=3l/year while the offer page says that I just need to apply for it without any assistance.

Other option is to apply for regalia first which is lifetime free without conditions. I had to get that first as I did not have HDFC account, then after sometime they automatically upgraded me to Regalia.

You can go for regalia first.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Other option is to apply for regalia first which is lifetime free without conditions. I had to get that first as I did not have HDFC account, then after sometime they automatically upgraded me to Regalia.

You can go for regalia first.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

even regalis first isn't free

22 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I sure needed this thread. I just got my first bank account done- HDFC. 

Im a kid, and my dad has SBI/Axis/HDFC/Central Bank credit cards.

I dont have use for a credit card myself, just for online shopping deals. So I shouldnt bother right?

Also I see that most people here use GPay and I wanted to have the whole UPI thing setup. Can someone explain what I should be doing? 

UPI - Just download GPay . And tap on add bank account.  You will have to provide your mobile number with which your bank account is linked. 

Gpay will automatically search bank accounts linked with that mobile number and verify it with bank.  Then you can create your.own upi id . Set PIN to access app and authorize payments . You can then use gpay to send / receive money in your accounts just by sharing upi id . 

UPI - Just download GPay . And tap on add bank account.  You will have to provide your mobile number with which your bank account is linked. 
Gpay will automatically search bank accounts linked with that mobile number and verify it with bank.  Then you can create your.own upi id . Set PIN to access app and authorize payments . You can then use gpay to send / receive money in your accounts just by sharing upi id . 
All monetary transactions are to and from my bank acc balance right?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, abhinit90 said:
16 hours ago, AtheK said:
Salary badhao, free ho jayega

:roflroll:

:rolleyes:

Refer kardo.

:p

But on a serious note regalia first is offered free to pretty much everyone. What bank do you have salary account with.