Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Just now, abhinit90 said:
1 minute ago, AtheK said:
emoji14.png

But on a serious note regalia first is offered free to pretty much everyone. What bank do you have salary account with. 

Shitty (Citi) bank

I have the first citizen Citibank card that is also lifetime free, check on that. They do have few lifetime free cards. 

1 minute ago, abhinit90 said:
1 minute ago, AtheK said:
I have the first citizen Citibank card that is also lifetime free, check on that. They do have few lifetime free cards. 

Yeah! I wanted something with lounge access though.

Yes Bank premi card, you might not get the preferred, but premia mil jayega. That has lounge access. 

Yes Bank's lifetime free card has long access... If you are eligible also try hdfc regalia card... Hdfc gives you a complimentary priority pass with it having access to lounges across the world!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 8/21/2019 at 12:08 PM, abhinit90 said:
On 8/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, AtheK said:

My ICICI coral card has lounge access which I somehow got for free due to privillege account or some bs..

Whereas my AMEX rewards card doesn't have lounge access even though annual charges are 2500..

My ICICI coral card has lounge access which I somehow got for free due to privillege account or some bs..
Whereas my AMEX rewards card doesn't have lounge access even though annual charges are 2500..
I have the same card for free, but it's only 1 domestic lounge per quarter.

38 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:
49 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

I have the same card for free, but it's only 1 domestic lounge per quarter.

Even the Platinum Travel card gets only one lounge access per quarter. However, my Regalia gives me 3.

Despite this, I've gotta say that Amex has the best customer service hands down. Very well trained folks and super customer friendly. 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:14 PM, abhinit90 said:

Let us know too, for regalia they're telling me that I need to link some utility bill in order to get it for free.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:09 PM, abhinit90 said:

I might shift soon, that means I'll have to link something else. PITA really.

bankbazaar says lifetime free regalia first if I open a bank account, do they actually have different terms and conditions?

On 8/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, kunjanp said:

This is troubling me too. I already have a bank account and my RM says that I need to attach a bill while the terms and conditions says that transaction should be >=3l/year while the offer page says that I just need to apply for it without any assistance.

So I filled the form for Regalia today, it has 4 options for LTF - linking utility bill, against insurance taken, against an EMI, and against an account you've referred to them (you can open a joint account with a family member). 1 & 4 is the most common offer going around.

The 3L a year for fee waiver term is another option in the form where if you don't have any of the first set then it will use that I guess.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, AtheK said:

Other option is to apply for regalia first which is lifetime free without conditions. I had to get that first as I did not have HDFC account, then after sometime they automatically upgraded me to Regalia.

You can go for regalia first.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep had to do this as I don't have an active account with HDFC. The RM said they'll be able to upgrade it in 2-3 months

7 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

So I filled the form for Regalia today, it has 4 options for LTF - linking utility bill, against insurance taken, against an EMI, and against an account you've referred to them (you can open a joint account with a family member). 1 & 4 is the most common offer going around.

The 3L a year for fee waiver term is another option in the form where if you don't have any of the first set then it will use that I guess.

Yep had to do this as I don't have an active account with HDFC. The RM said they'll be able to upgrade it in 2-3 months

Can you elaborate the 4th point? I didn't quite get it.

Edited by kunjanp

Against a referred account? 

As I understand it - If they can show that you have referred someone (friend/family) to open an account with HDFC then they can give you LTF against that. If you don't have anyone that you can refer then you can open up a joint account with a family member/friend which still counts as a new account.

It's a way to bump up the account opening numbers I guess for them.

20 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Even the Platinum Travel card gets only one lounge access per quarter. However, my Regalia gives me 3.

Despite this, I've gotta say that Amex has the best customer service hands down. Very well trained folks and super customer friendly. 

I work for Amex and this is good to hear :P 

12 minutes ago, adity said:

It's not even a competition. Amex customer service is leaps and bounds ahead of any other provider. 

Absolutely..without a doubt. I felt so bad when I cancelled my gold card. 

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

How is Diners Black credit card?

I assume you are asking about the HDFC diners card..it's a great card with unlimited lounge access and awesome 10x reward points. Only con would be that it many stores do not.acvelt this card in india

On 10/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, Madmage said:

I assume you are asking about the HDFC diners card..it's a great card with unlimited lounge access and awesome 10x reward points. Only con would be that it many stores do not.acvelt this card in india

Cool. Applied for it. Getting it free for lifetime.