Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Is there any HDFC credit card that I can get without opening a bank account and more importantly without annual fee?

I actually already have two cards from ICICI and Axis (ICICI is amazing as it's the Amazon card, Axis is Meh) looking for HDFC because of the really good cashback offers that they have regularly especially on online and offline stores.

Hence any recommendation?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Is there any HDFC credit card that I can get without opening a bank account and more importantly without annual fee?

I actually already have two cards from ICICI and Axis (ICICI is amazing as it's the Amazon card, Axis is Meh) looking for HDFC because of the really good cashback offers that they have regularly especially on online and offline stores.

Hence any recommendation?

I got regalia first without opening an account, no annual fees. It was later upgraded to regalia. 

I got regalia first without opening an account, no annual fees. It was later upgraded to regalia. 
How did you apply for the same?

Also how are the additional benefits? Anything worthwhile?

2 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

How did you apply for the same?

Also how are the additional benefits? Anything worthwhile?

They had a stall in front of my office, just gave copy of ID card and pay slip with adhaar card. 

It has international and domestic lounge access. 

They had a stall in front of my office, just gave copy of ID card and pay slip with adhaar card. 

It has international and domestic lounge access. 
Ah, I am not a traveler at all so the lounge access is absolutely useless for me but I think that's alright since I am planning to get it for shopping only.

I applied online. Got a call in 2 days. Got regalia first lifetime free. 
Ah perfect, will apply for the same through the website and insist on it being lifetime free.

On what basis do they decide if the card they give is lifetime free or not?

Ah perfect, will apply for the same through the website and insist on it being lifetime free.

On what basis do they decide if the card they give is lifetime free or not?

It's a lifetime free card automatically AFAIK, you just need to be eligible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Level of incompetence by SBI-: They have attached the wrong email ID to my CC. Got the CC last Oct, havent used it for transactions so never came to my attention. Recently made a few purchases, decided to install the SBI App for tracking dues. To my shock, some Mr. Oversmart record creator has modified my email address.

My email id- firstnamelastname@xyz.com

Added email-

firstname.lastname@xyz.com

Whats the point of making us fill the forms, if you're gonna take liberties with people's info? So basically the CC know my info more accurately than me?

So pissed right now. Major breach of security for my card. Lodged a complaint on the app, lets see if they respond. Else will block the card and get the same dropped. 

This is the second instance of incompetence i've come across with SBI. Recently a friend transferred his home loan from Axis to SBi, amd these guys actually lost some of his Home registration docs he had submitted with them. Assholes werent even searching for them, and after much pleading one of the clerks searched for them and found them in some Almirah.

Level of incompetence by SBI-: They have attached the wrong email ID to my CC. Got the CC last Oct, havent used it for transactions so never came to my attention. Recently made a few purchases, decided to install the SBI App for tracking dues. To my shock, some Mr. Oversmart record creator has modified my email address.

My email id- firstnamelastname@xyz.com

Added email-

firstname.lastname@xyz.com

Whats the point of making us fill the forms, if you're gonna take liberties with people's info? So basically the CC know my info more accurately than me?

So pissed right now. Major breach of security for my card. Lodged a complaint on the app, lets see if they respond. Else will block the card and get the same dropped. 

This is the second instance of incompetence i've come across with SBI. Recently a friend transferred his home loan from Axis to SBi, amd these guys actually lost some of his Home registration docs he had submitted with them. Assholes werent even searching for them, and after much pleading one of the clerks searched for them and found them in some Almirah.
SBI has the absolute most pathetic service you can imagine, I am surprised you actually managed to recover your docs. In all my experience they have been extremely rude and not helpful at all.

3 hours ago, adity said:

At least on Gmail, the dot doesn't make any difference. Your account should be safe if it was on Gmail. Dunno about other email providers. May be a different story. 

Not gmail. Its hotmail and I checked someone is using that email address.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

SBI has the absolute most pathetic service you can imagine, I am surprised you actually managed to recover your docs. In all my experience they have been extremely rude and not helpful at all.

Yeah true. They were not even willing to look for docs. Simply told my friend Sorry, we lost them. I think it was the transfer deed of the house that was misplaced. You can imagine the mental trauma a middle class salaried individual goes through when he is informed that his life savings are going down the drain (it was not possible for some reason to get a duplicate issued).

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

If anybody has an HDFC card, have you enabled autopay on any bills? Like the electricity bill?

Is GST applied to that bill amount additionally?

i pay electricity and broadband bill using HDFC card auto pay, no GST, as a matter of fact i get 100 rupees cashback.

Edited by AtheK
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

i pay electricity and broadband bill using HDFC card auto pay, no GST, as a matter of fact i get 100 rupees cashback.

Yes. Thats why I was thinking of enabling it. 

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Afaik they actually wave off the yearly charge( 500 or so) if you have auto pay enabled. 

3 hours ago, adity said:

Don't have it on hdfc but its no different than paying by any other means. The bill amount gets paid from your credit card. No additional charges or fees that I know of. 

Thanks for the input, appreciate it :):) 

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you to[mention=3542]Walker[/mention] and @El Tigre Chino for all the guidance on HDFC without derailing that thread.

The reason I had applied for the card in August itself was to get it in time before the diwali time. Looks like that's not gonna happen. The credit card customer service has mailed me again today to wait. Thinking of waiting this week and next week before I escalate to nodal officer like you recommended. I have the entire trail mail of followup with the first level for two months.

• Like 2

@i_rock098 If you are looking for an alternative do check out ICICI's Amazon card. I applied on Saturday and my virtual card was activated and linked to my account by Tuesday with the physical card dispatched for delivery. Just had one call to confirm details.

Amazon has a festive deal going on right now so you get a 1,000 rupee cash reward + 5% unlimited cash back on all amazon purchases. Seems like a decent deal if you shop on Amazon a lot. I believe Flipkart has a similar tie-up & deal with Axis.

I have an ICICI account already though so that would have helped with fast-tracking the process. Will let post here if I run into any service issues once I start using the card.

For peeps just wanting to get a quick card, try Onecard. 

Free, metal, the points aren't great, but they seem to fast track your card if you have good CIBIL and Experian. 

I got it some days back. Sexy looker !

g4uX58z.jpg

gmy4fFr.jpg

• Like 1

[mention=2437]i_rock098[/mention] If you are looking for an alternative do check out ICICI's Amazon card. I applied on Saturday and my virtual card was activated and linked to my account by Tuesday with the physical card dispatched for delivery. Just had one call to confirm details.

Amazon has a festive deal going on right now so you get a 1,000 rupee cash reward + 5% unlimited cash back on all amazon purchases. Seems like a decent deal if you shop on Amazon a lot. I believe Flipkart has a similar tie-up & deal with Axis.

I have an ICICI account already though so that would have helped with fast-tracking the process. Will let post here if I run into any service issues once I start using the card.
I actually have the icici card since a long time. Even my experience of applying for the card was butter smooth. Infact they sent the card to my old office address which got corrected in 3 days flat. Was genuinely impressed by their service.

Unfortunately almost all apple related discounts are tagged with hdfc only usually. I was looking to buy an ipad for dad is why I thought of getting the hdfc card.
For peeps just wanting to get a quick card, try Onecard. 

Free, metal, the points aren't great, but they seem to fast track your card if you have good CIBIL and Experian. 

I got it some days back. Sexy looker !

g4uX58z.jpg

gmy4fFr.jpg
That card does indeed look good. Which is the issuing bank?