Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

33 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I actually have the icici card since a long time. Even my experience of applying for the card was butter smooth. Infact they sent the card to my old office address which got corrected in 3 days flat. Was genuinely impressed by their service.

Unfortunately almost all apple related discounts are tagged with hdfc only usually. I was looking to buy an ipad for dad is why I thought of getting the hdfc card. That card does indeed look good. Which is the issuing bank?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

IDFC First Bank.

On 9/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, El Tigre Chino said:

Didn't have to do this, just applied and got a call the next day to confirm my employment status. Have an account with ICICI too, possibly that helped.

On 9/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, b!T said:

My wife has one. Will ask her to apply :P

Colour me surprised. I was not able to schedule a KYC and no one called so asked wifey to apply as well. And today, an ICICI agent showed up to do KYC for both of us :lol: guess we are getting two cards!

• Haha 1

Dafuq. I resched the appointment the day before and the guy showed up a few minutes back for KYC. Color me surprised. 

Question do we have balance transfer options here? Meaning can I transfer my balance from from existing ICICI card to this one and close the old one down?

Edited by Walker

Hey guys, please recommend a good credit card with good limit. I have an ICICI Amazon pay CC and it only has 77k limit and it doesn't allow me to buy anything higher than that. Talked to customer care and they said you have to use your card gradually for some time to increase the limit.

Any other way? I usually want to use the card for big emi purchases. I almost always prefer debit (I like to avoid credit as much as I can) but there are some situations where I need this. So please suggest a card which can give high limit, showing income is not a problem for me.

The thing is, yesterday I couldn't order a TV worth 85k neither emi nor full payment, and all customer care numbers are paid now, so was very furious lol

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Hey guys, please recommend a good credit card with good limit. I have an ICICI Amazon pay CC and it only has 77k limit and it doesn't allow me to buy anything higher than that. Talked to customer care and they said you have to use your card gradually for some time to increase the limit.

Any other way? I usually want to use the card for big emi purchases. I almost always prefer debit (I like to avoid credit as much as I can) but there are some situations where I need this. So please suggest a card which can give high limit, showing income is not a problem for me.

The thing is, yesterday I couldn't order a TV worth 85k neither emi nor full payment, and all customer care numbers are paid now, so was very furious lol

Have you tried these: https://www.icicibank.com/card/credit-cards/credit-limit-increase.page ?

Credit enhancement depends on a number of factors - your current income (send the CC company proof of income if it has increased considerably since you got the card), your repayment history, your CIBIL/Experian score, your credit hunger etc. 

• Like 1

Interesting thread here.

I currently have a Citibank Premiere Miles Card. It used to be very useful since I used to fly at least 2~3 times a year, along with my wife. I have hardly been travelling due to various reasons in the past 2 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  While shopping for my TV, I realized that while everyone is giving cashback and what not on HDFC, ICICI, etc.(Lost out on a 9k additional discount due to this :( ), I hardly see any offers on Citibank cards. I am thinking of jumping ship to some other provider

Have you tried these: https://www.icicibank.com/card/credit-cards/credit-limit-increase.page ?

Credit enhancement depends on a number of factors - your current income (send the CC company proof of income if it has increased considerably since you got the card), your repayment history, your CIBIL/Experian score, your credit hunger etc. 

Since its an Amazon card, it did not consider income. The worst thing is, customer care doesn't even give these kind of suggestions as you are giving.

When it comes to income and bank balance, I think they'll increase my limit but I do agree I did not use much :|

Thanks man! If I want to go with one bank for my next CC (free one), which bank do you suggest?

Good thing was since I already had a Ferrari card, it just replicated the same credit limit for me, so got a pretty huge one. 

I also discontinued the ferrari card after sometime. I just carry it in purse as it has a Ferrari logo now :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Just now, dylanjosh said:

lol here im sitting with 30k limit

Man!! I took the card with no cost emi in mind but that limit is abysmal :unsure:

Wait how? My limit was always 77k from day one without any high level document, just a simple kyc. Also, the only reason I applied for that card was because Amazon was giving 750rs and it was life time free card. So if I had thrown it away, I got 750rs.

But a few months earlier my friend forced his buy with my credit card and that 5% Cashback looked interesting to me and started buying. Sadly, not enough to purchase Samsung TV worth 85k :( but I eventually worked around by selecting emi from otp page.

10 hours ago, sagarjalvi said:

Please suggest me the best CC. I currently own one RBL card and another one is IndusInd Iconia CC. I use mostly for online purchases, international transactions. 

Best credit card would be quite subjective to recommend one. For international transactions HDFC & ICICI have worked quite successfully so far for me, if there are portals which still cause hiccups then try using your card via. PayPal. Haven't faced a major problem so far.

If you are looking for added benefits this is a good place to start, but read up on what is being offered and take an educated call. I think the cards broadly fall under categories like shopping & rewards, travel & air miles, luxury and fuel with specific benefits within those categories. Generally cards which have bigger annual fees have bigger benefits life free hotel stays, golf course access, etc but see if those are relevant for you. If those are relevant to you then the membership fee tends to pay for itself or on some cards it can get waived off entirely if you transact over a particular amount. 

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Since its an Amazon card, it did not consider income. The worst thing is, customer care doesn't even give these kind of suggestions as you are giving. When it comes to income and bank balance, I think they'll increase my limit but I do agree I did not use much :|
Thanks man! If I want to go with one bank for my next CC (free one), which bank do you suggest?

As @Bird Bird Bird said the limit is defined by things like income, credit score and I've heard place of employment may be a factor too. In my case I think they calculated it basis the credit score and it was in a similar range as my primary card. Also with regards to your credit score just look up the factors that affect it. Apart from paying / missing your payments, maxing out your credit limit also affect your score negatively.

Would suggest start with increasing your current card limit. If your place of employment has a tie-up with a bank try getting a credit card with them, they generally give you a card with a bigger limit.

• Like 1

Wait how? My limit was always 77k from day one without any high level document, just a simple kyc. Also, the only reason I applied for that card was because Amazon was giving 750rs and it was life time free card. So if I had thrown it away, I got 750rs.

But a few months earlier my friend forced his buy with my credit card and that 5% Cashback looked interesting to me and started buying. Sadly, not enough to purchase Samsung TV worth 85k default_sad.png but I eventually worked around by selecting emi from otp page.
Maybe because balance in the account was always low?

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

Since its an Amazon card, it did not consider income. The worst thing is, customer care doesn't even give these kind of suggestions as you are giving.

When it comes to income and bank balance, I think they'll increase my limit but I do agree I did not use much :|

It does consider income if you are an ICICI bank customer. I have a salary account with them for 10 years now, and right from the get go my limit was 5L (they just matched my HDFC/AMEX limit). The new OneCard (IDFC) also matched the same limit. OTOH, the Citi card I applied for couple of years back just approved 1L. Don't bother with it since Citi has the worst offers, 2nd only to AMEX. :wallbash:

It's better to get a CC from the bank you have a salary account with since they will generally give you a higher limit, and based on that, any card you apply will also lean towards a favorable limit. 

Of course, what I said earlier also applies - your credit history, credit hunger, card utilization, repayment history, existing loans, existing CCs etc, all matter. A lot of info can be had just from your PAN/Aadhar. Don't think it of as a simple KYC. 

8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Are you salaried ? Get a CC from your salary bank. 30k is abysmal. 

6 hours ago, dylanjosh said:
8 hours ago, dante77 said:

But a few months earlier my friend forced his buy with my credit card and that 5% Cashback looked interesting to me and started buying. Sadly, not enough to purchase Samsung TV worth 85k default_sad.png but I eventually worked around by selecting emi from otp page.

Maybe because balance in the account was always low?

Not entirely sure if bank balance matters, the other factors are more important (guessing). 

I already have a couple of cards. 

HDFC Regalia

ICICI Amazon Pay

Citi Rewards

Amex Rewards 

Is it recommended to go for the Axis Flipkart card? The 6 month no cost EMI and reward points do seem enticing.  

35 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I already have a couple of cards. 

HDFC Regalia

ICICI Amazon Pay

Citi Rewards

Amex Rewards 

Is it recommended to go for the Axis Flipkart card? The 6 month no cost EMI and reward points do seem enticing.  

There is an annual charge (AFAIK) if you don't meet the minimum spending criteria. 

Else for FK, it's the best card.